Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 126 total)
  • The Weekly N Korea Thread
  • mogrim

One of the US targets was Austin, Texas. The residents wonder why, exactly:
    Austin on North Korea’s Hit List

Kim’s always had a soft spot for the Pieman.

breatheeasy
    Free Member

One of the US targets was Austin, Texas. The residents wonder why, exactly:
    Austin on North Korea’s Hit List

Doesn’t LA have a house there? Maybe the North Koreans had put a hefty bet on him winning the 2013 TdF? Nowt like the threat of a nuclear butt kicking to focus a cyclist on the job in hand. It’s a fair chance they don’t know he’s banned yet…

Russell96

All depends if the US have a pile of bombs near their use by date, could be cheaper to drop them on someone rather than follow all the enviro recycling regs back home.

rossi46
    Free Member

Doesn’t LA have a house there?

Thought i’d seen it before 😆

Wonder if Kim is a GTA fan?

rossi46
    Free Member
    ohnohesback
    Free Member

Why should restarting a nuclear reactor and nuclear weapons programme be seen as particularly provocative in the case of North Korea when many other nations already have them or are trying to aquire them?

clubber
    Free Member

Where’s Kaesae? I miss his brand of slacktivism 🙁

rossi46
    Free Member

This image makes you think- half of the world (and most of the worlds most populated parts) is nuclear. And Korea is right bang in the middle of the most concentrated Nuclear parts of the world.
    Admittedly China and Russia are considered allies by NK.

What if it really did kick off? The Cuban missile crisis only needed a missed phone call or a wrong thought for everything to disappear under a mushroom cloud. 😯

Edit: Here’s the map again with all the stats

brakes
    Free Member

showing capability as land aread is a bit misleading, given that the US has NATO deployment sites across Europe and the Europeans/ US have greater submarine capability than most of the Eastern side of the map.

stewartc
    Free Member

It seems that the closing of the Kaesong industrial complex is the next play in NKs hand, not much left after this apart from sinking a ship/shelling an island.
    This is getting some press here in HK, not too sure whats happening in the mainland though.

johnellison
    Free Member

“Hans Bwix? Muufu**er! You’re breaking my balls here Haaans! I’m a vewy busy man!!”

Actually Tubby McFatf**k does have a smartphone, there was a photograph of him released by accident a few weeks ago, it was on the desk next to him.

thx1138
    Free Member

Tubby McFatf**k

Is he Scottish? ❓

rossi46
    Free Member

Tubby McFatf**k

😆 😆

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Sitting waiting for my flight home, TV headline in the lounge (CNN) says, “N Korea approves nuclear attack on US”.

Crikey.

project
    Free Member

best to kep an eye out for low flying missles on the plane back home, they may not have a great comand of geography

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

That was rather the worry! Seeing as I’m currently in the geographical region that would be “Target Number One” for Tubby’s missiles……

CountZero

Actually Tubby McFatf**k does have a smartphone, there was a photograph of him released by accident a few weeks ago, it was on the desk next to him.

Well, he’s not alone in that; many of the *better off* in NK have smartphones, computers, flat-screen TV’s, pads, etc.

bwaarp
    Free Member

NK really seems to be poking the dragon asking for instant sunshine over Pyongyang.

Oh well, looking forward to watching videos of F-18’s wiping out armored columns and the yanks generally bulldozing everyone with high explosives north of the border.

Interesting news for once.

project
    Free Member

That was rather the worry! Seeing as I’m currently in the geographical region that would be “Target Number One” for Tubby’s missiles……

Just start a new thread,

“What precautions and tyres to use incase of a nuclear holocaust”

rossi46
    Free Member
    footflaps

Seriously shit uniforms there. No decent villain has such a lame dress sense.

Even Lemmy makes a better villain:

rossi46
    Free Member

From CNN:

North Korea stirred up fresh unease in Northeast Asia early Thursday, threatening attacks by a “smaller, lighter and diversified” nuclear force and warning, “The moment of explosion is approaching fast.”

See, it’s that little Korean bloke with the suitcase- i’d keep an eye on em! 😉

rossi46
    Free Member

Seriously shit uniforms there. No decent villain has such a lame dress sense.

That hairstyle went out at the end of the Rave scene era 😉

matt_outandabout

footflaps

Plus the guy on the right can’t even put a hat on his head straight. Considering they can’t even dress themselves properly, I’m not overly concerned about their military capability.

footflaps

When they finally get invaded and wiped out by the Americans they’ll probably find that their plans for a nuclear bomb consist of sticking a lump of uranium in a microwave and setting it to ‘Re-heat meal’ for 4 minutes….

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I love the way no one really seems to be taking the North Korean nuclear threat very seriously.

Despite the fact that the North Koreans have nuclear weapons, have announced that they are expanding their nuclear weapons programme, and have publicly declared that they will use nuclear weapons.

No one seems to be particularly very worried.

In contrast Iran has no nuclear weapons and has publicly declared that they have no intention of acquiring any, and yet we are told by the US, British, and Israeli governments, that we should be extremely worried indeed.

It seems as if not having nuclear weapons causes more concern than actually having them.

Or are we simply reassured by the fact that because the North Koreans are quite clearly completely bonkers they pose no threat to anyone ?

There is clearly a great deal of difference between the perceived nuclear threat posed by North Korea and Iran as offered to us by US/British governments, but it defies all logic.

Of course one country has a great deal of oil and the other has no oil at all – perhaps the clue lies there ?

Moses

Spot-on, Ernie.
    Iran is also stuck between nuclear-armed Pakistan, US-occupioed Afghanistan & Iraq, & hostile Arab states, yet they are still non-belligerent.

spacemonkey

I reckon the US have already sent in a Special Forces chap to disarm NK’s entire nuclear-arms programme …

ocrider

If Kim Jong Un is this bonkers, I can’t wait for the sequel: Kim Jong Deux.

IGMC

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Planning for the attack is at an advanced stage…..

martinhutch

That hairstyle went out at the end of the Rave scene era

And it appears to be a flagrant breach of permitted NK hairstyles.

ohnohesback
    Free Member

As I’ve said before, I don’t think there is likely to be a resumption of active hostilities for several years yet, though in an atnosphere of heightened tension there is always the risk of an ‘accidental’ war.

After a while KJU will be able to claim that as the US hasn’t attacked the DPRK that his policies are a success, thereby strenghtening his position.

And while we’re discussing the Korean situation acn we please refrain from using pejorative language regarding KJU’s body mass index? This topic deserves more serious consideration than infantile remarks such as those give it.

spacemonkey

pejorative

Ooh, look at you … is that your “must use” word of the day?

piemonster

#currentlyworkingonchildishpostsevenmoresothanthisone

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Twee townie welly telly and that incessant, infantile background ‘music’ is teeth-grindingly obnoxious!

Here in the wilds of Zuzzex Country file is a swear word. I’d like to give them all the Deliverance treatment…

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/never-mind-songs-of-praise-its-countryfile-that-hacks-me-off

So, you’d like to do unmentionable things to the presenters and staff of countryfile, but your Korean lunatic mate is untouchable?

Interesting.

ohnohesback
    Free Member

The Korean man has big missles! 🙂

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

The Korean man has big missles!

I’m calling that a euphamism! Are you calling him fat? 😉

ohnohesback
    Free Member

The other, more worrying aspect of the situation is that China is mobilising its forces. A Korean war would be bad enough, but a war involving China and the US…

Ro5ey
    Free Member

war involving China and the US…

Will not happen.

Without the US buying thier products China would have a rather large problem.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 126 total)

The topic ‘The Weekly N Korea Thread’ is closed to new replies.