• This topic has 18 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by ahsat.
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • The weekend riding and playing thread -19/9/20
  • matt_outandabout

As it looks like we’re all headed for lockdown again, it is time to make use of the sun.
    Off to Comrie Croft tomorrow, just decided we would paddle past today. We watched otters at play for a minute until they saw us.

kayak23

Really gorgeous day.

Had a nice spin around Cranham, Gloucester.

Above the 417 Project.

Sandwich

80 road km today and herself wants a tandem ride tomorrow. Pics for tomorrow’s ride none for today as it was my first since Monday (PSA blood test yesterday so no riding for 4 days beforehand). Lots of cyclists in the pubs as I rode past, with a 1.4 or greater R number it wasn’t for me.

Tracey

Ours has been one long weekend so far.
    Travelled down from Annecy at the beginning of the week for 3 days riding in Sospel. Rode mainly on the slopes opposite the town. Riding was steep, rocky and dusty. Had trouble finding some of the trails and the ones we did were unpassable in places and disappeared to nothing in others and had to do a lot of back tracking.
    Never saw another rider in the 3 days

Moved on down to San Remo and just pootled about for a couple of days with some relaxing rides, plenty of ice cream and Aperol Spritz

Saved the best till last as we move on to Finale for a week tomorrow,

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Kayak23 what ever next riding across the Viewpoint !!!!!!!!!.

whitestone
    Free Member

Nipped over to the Lakes for a quick loop over Blawith/Torver common.

blawith

blawith

blawith

Then she went all weird and went for a swim!

reluctantjumper

Decided to get a big day in some hills in before any lockdown is announced so went to Exmoor. Lots of campers in the car parks despite the No Overnight Parking signs when I pulled into Minehead at 9 this morning! Was great apart from the vicious headwind along the top to Dunkery Beacon, that was hard work!

[url=https://bettafishcaretaker.com/]does a betta fish need a filtered tank[/url]

Did think about some pub grub afterwards but way too many people not following guidelines for my liking so settled for a dirty Maccy drivethru instead.

stevedoc
    Free Member

lakes day

High st and a play on the far eastern fells

matt_outandabout

Comrie was rather epic today – weather, dusty and rocky trails in fine fettle, number of people on bikes…

hairyscary

I rode a mix of the golfie Innerleithen on both Friday and Saturday in absolutely prime conditions. I had intended to ride at Thornielee and Yair today but didn’t fancy a third night in my car. I think I was a bit smelly on Saturday afternoon…. apologies to the guy who rode with me for a short while at Innerleithen 😳
    I have never seen the Golfie as busy, the path up to New York, New York was a constant stream of riders, Strava said 85 riders had been down the trail!

matt_outandabout

I have never seen the Golfie as busy

Heriot Watt uni club were out up there, probably accounted for a good few of the riders…

dumbbot
    Free Member

After picking up the new bike in Banchory and riding Scolty hill on Friday, I was one of the many at the Golfie on Saturday…and yeah it was busy, I’m actually watching the stream of riders heading up. Bone dry and loose as hell at the Golfie…must get back to Scolty soon amazing trails up there.

roverpig

Managed a couple of “gravel” rides during this amazing weather window. First was exploring some gravel heaven near Ballater. Then I put on the fun sized wheels to play on some rockier trails on the Glenfiddich estate (plus a substantial hike-a-bike over some tops just because it was too nice not to).

johnhe
    colournoise

Couple of local rides again, Friday evening with the dog and then a bimble round this morning.

birky
    Free Member

Just back from a few days on Arran, really lucky with the weather

Tracey

My weekend is still going, finally christened the new bike in Finale today

CheesybeanZ

Dry and dusty in the Fod

ahsat

Unexpectedly damp ride at Nidderdale for me.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CFXBVZ7H3Y1/?igshid=1c4d3t5sdocyv

And if Mikey and his mate read this, I hope you made it round Mikey. Keep pedalling fella.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘The weekend riding and playing thread -19/9/20’ is closed to new replies.