The Wedding Present

• This topic has 19 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by  Oxboy.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • The Wedding Present
  • Best band in the world, . . . . . tonight, . . . Wolvo, . . . . . . who’s with me . . . . . . . . . ?

Premier Icon molgrips
    Subscriber

I have absolutely no idea what people see in them. Utter rubbish for me…

Love ’em too, great live band, first band I saw live (age 16, bunked off school to see then in the Hummingbird!)

Last few times I saw them, the same guy bellows:

I LOVE YOU GEDGIE!

If he’s there, you’ll know it!

The Weddoes do Big fat gypsy caravan!!

(age 16, bunked off school to see then in the Hummingbird!)

I saw them for the first time at the Hummingbird, . . . would have been circa 1989?

Yes, ’88 or ’89ish!

It was winter and freezing cold. We stayed with the slugs on the kitchen floor of a student house in Selly Oak. The factory behind burnt down and all the students opened the back windows to let the heat in.

Amazing gig.

Premier Icon duckman
    Subscriber

Proper band, proper grumpy though!

Premier Icon chakaping
    Subscriber

Also saw them a couple of times back in the day. Great band. Gedgie seemed quite pleasant and affable when we met him.

Premier Icon sc-xc
    Subscriber

I’m with molgrips. Saw them at the Civic back in 89ish, and DG stood pretty much the whole time with his back to the crowd, band were loose….a waste of Β£6!

All these forum postings sound the same. πŸ˜‰

Premier Icon senor j
    Subscriber

One of my alltime fave gigs was The Wedding Present supported by Cud
    ,Maryport civic hall circa 1988/9
    BRASSNECK!!!!!

The gedge looks well , has he dyed his bonce?

Premier Icon DezB
    Subscriber

Best band in the world

Still? Blimey.

Jamie

Brother used to be into them as they were a bit before my time. Not a fan, but always have a soft spot for:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtkoFTprNPM[/video]

Utter rubbish?

You are entitled to your opinion, . . . but in this case you are wrong and I am right. πŸ˜‰

Jamie

You are entitled to your opinion, . . . but in this case you are wrong and I am right.

I couldn’t bear to see you suffer any more πŸ˜‰

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Euj8ZYxwSII[/video]

rob2

Great band.

Seen quite a few gigs – large population of middle aged men in v neck jumpers in the audience!

Oh why do you, catch my eye
    Then turn away…

LOL at Jamie πŸ˜†

yossarian

The weddoes are/were great. Molgrips is talking out of his ‘arris, I think he’s on a diet or something, probably a bit lightheaded.

I saw them a load of times in the late eighties/early nineties, great live band and gedgie was always sound with the audience.

Jamie

The weddoes are/were great. Molgrips is talking out of his ‘arris, I think he’s on a diet or something, probably a bit lightheaded.

πŸ˜€

Oxboy

Saw the Weddos about 3 years ago at The Princess Charlotte, Leicester.
    Brassneck!!!!! Great song!!!! πŸ˜€ Wonder if they will be swinging past Leicester for another gig soon . . . . . ?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘The Wedding Present’ is closed to new replies.