Viewing 22 posts - 81 through 102 (of 102 total)
  • The Wed night TheBikeChain ride thread.
  • ojom
    Free Member

Tollcross – bread st.

robgarrioch

Entertaining wee effort that, don’t think I’ve had multiple crashes while pushing before… 🙂 Great where it was compacted though, will be keeping an eye out for improving trails.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Wherabouts did you go rob? I am heading out harlaw way tomorrow daytime if you want to join us

bigjim

Went for a ride in edinburgh with a couple of hervelos and a camel:

IMG_7758_1024x768 by squares and jim, on Flickr

IMG_7769_1024x768 by squares and jim, on Flickr

IMG_7768_1024x768 by squares and jim, on Flickr

IMG_7764_1024x768 by squares and jim, on Flickr

IMG_7752_1024x768 by squares and jim, on Flickr

IMG_7746_1024x768 by squares and jim, on Flickr

IMG_7740_1024x768 by squares and jim, on Flickr

IMG_7739_1024x768 by squares and jim, on Flickr

13thfloormonk

Wee update on trails: Towpath from Cargo pub all the way to the aquaducts is great, hard and fast but with a few wee slaloms around fallen trees. From there the path that joins onto the water of leith is equally good, and the WoL continues the theme.

We didn’t find anything very rideable above Bonaly, but we already new that, the trails in Dreghorn were close to rideable, but not (especially not on the CX bike, I’ve found the limit of what can be ridden on it).

Mortonhall was brilliant, all the trails are compacted and fast, and should get more so. We did a couple of loops around there before heading home.

So the rest of the winter for me will consist of hammering around on the towpaths and WoL until I’m given cast iron proof that some other trails are packed in. 😕

druidh
    Free Member

They’ll get packed in quicker if you ride them….

trailertrash

snowboarding is the new biking in edinburgh…. 😀

Stu

Aye, great fun round Mortonhall, seriously hard work around Bonaly. Had wee look at Braids bridle path on the way home and it looked pretty compacted too so might go for another play tonight 😀

Anyone scouted out the nail trail yet? It should be good when its compacted!

druidh
    Free Member

Snowing up in Balerno again at the moment. I was planning a wee walk/ski later, so might have at look at the Nail Trail and report back. At least the dog shit should be easy to spot!

ojom
    Free Member

Well the pub was a top idea as was the EPIC battle with some noobs outside the Cloisters.

13thfloormonk

Am desperately trying to finangle some free time on saturday to head out Balerno-wards. May need to postpone christmas shopping/quality time with new gf… 😕

robgarrioch

Really must get round these Mortonhall bits sometime.
    Last nights route would be a bit more challenging this morning –

(just at those steps behind the scout camp)

Stu

Glad we weren’t there when that came down! 😯

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Well couldawouldashoulda and I headed of to the pentlands this morning. we nearly made it 2 1/2 hrs from leith we got to kinleith farm and could not even ride along the road to harlaw so down poets glen and back home again. I am shattered.

Even had to carry the bike down parts of poets

pics and vid later

druidh
    Free Member

Huh! I hung about at a freezing cold Harlaw for an hour!!!! 😡

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Sorry Druidh! We did try.

Best bit was the WoL which was a joy to ride on – as far as Currie where it started getting silly.

sharki
    Free Member

It all sounds so much fun.

Meanwhile in a Pub not far away.

druidh
    Free Member

couldashouldawoulda – Member
    Sorry Druidh! We did try.

LOL – just joking!!!

Based on the amount of snow I was shifting in the garden and driveway, there is no way I was heading up to Harlaw on a bike!

cynic-al
    Free Member

Couldawouldashoulda stuck to the roads TJ! 😛

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

I’ve got the van out, where we gonna try next?

robgarrioch

Well, I put this up before, but why not have a reminder of warmer (?) times… 🙂

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ECqMUAoUpM[/video]

cynic-al
    Free Member

Dunno if tj tried Arthurs Seat, I pedalled up to the top pond tonight en route home from work on cx bike.

Rideable on the road or walked paths. Saw a few tyre tracks off road and a couple of guys snowboarding from the top.

Full depth snow was rideable with a bit of a gradient. Was fun, may head up to mess about at the weekend.

Viewing 22 posts - 81 through 102 (of 102 total)

The topic ‘The Wed night TheBikeChain ride thread.’ is closed to new replies.