Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 102 total)
  • The Wed night TheBikeChain ride thread.
  • stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

How about a big snowball fight instead. Lets try and turn TJ into Leiths answer to the Abominable Snowman.

druidh
    Free Member

Thought about a night hike to a pub with snowball fight EPIC BATTLE ROYALE!

This is MD by the way – logged in as Onion.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Prove it’s you Mark.

Which hand do I prefer reach arounds with?

ojom
    Free Member

The right.

jockhaggis
    Free Member

Thought about a night hike to a pub

Hike from The Bike Chain to Cask and Barrel?
    It could be tough getting up Rodney Street though.

jimmy

Which hand do I prefer reach arounds with?

yer dad’s

Might be skiing tomorrow but will be back in time for pints.

cynic-al
    Free Member

He carked it in 1971 Jimmy.

PaulGillespie
    Free Member

That makes you a very sick man Al!!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I will at least attempt to get up into the hills.

jimmy

oops sorry.

Retrodirect
    Free Member

THIS is on wednesday night, perfect for a minging snow-day.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

If I can dig my van out tomorrow afternoon and dig the bike out of the shed then i may try and get to Bonaly. From last years experiences the more popular bits got trampled down by feet and froze into something that was quite ridable, unlike the woods nearer home.

13thfloormonk

I’d be up for a ride of sorts, I agree that the well trodden stuff could be very entertaining.

I’ll be CX again, I’ve started cannibalising the MTB for bits that fit the Genesis, so I’m committed for the winter!

robgarrioch

With stunning irony I’m on 3 days off just now, & no classes tomorrow so plan to tag along somehow. Walking round White Hill this morning generally knee deep, was advised it’s 5 foot + up from Puke Hill mid-gate…

Lower level stuff might be a laugh, will keep you’se posted on conditions. My sledge + mat-in-a-bag are ready for action if needed!

bigjim

My better half is up in the pentlands just now so will be able to report on snow conditions later…

bigjim

Sledging with lights is something that had crossed my mind… last march we did a descent of Allermuir down howdens glen on sledges following the contours down, was mental, would be more mental in the dark…

jimmy

THIS is on wednesday night, perfect for a minging snow-day.

Minging snow day? You’re on the wrong thread, chief.

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

Stunning photo Rob 🙂

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

I probably wont be able to make this one 🙁 – but I’m wondering if anyone has been along the WoL today? Is it rideable ATM?

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Well I’ve just spent half an hour between looking after the kids, digging the van out, hardly made a dent in the snow. Will see how I get on tomorrow.

ojom
    Free Member

Based on the fact that parts of Colinton are no longer accessible by bike or car we may be best having a Team Handsome meeting in the pub then pelting each other daft with snowballs.

coastkid
    Free Member

With the best cleared roads around here looking like this im no driving anywhere!,

Deep as but its really wet so been crap riding since Sunday even on the pug, but forcast to be getting colder so be getting more rideable again… 😮 have fun you lot!

ojom
    Free Member

Hey Bruce
    Stole your latest video – had a few calls for pugleys…
    http://www.thebikechain.co.uk/store/product/28744/Surly-Pugsley-Bike-20/

Mark

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Yer all a bunch of fannies! I want to go riding in the snow.

Arthurs seat? I’ll do a recce daytime tomorrow. I’d be quite happy to go to the pentlands and have a bash tho

ojom
    Free Member

If you can actually ride in the Pentlands TJ with 5foot of snow and piece together one of our normal routes i will give you a massive xmas present.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Arthurs seat then as you are too nesh to even try the pentlands

coastkid
    Free Member

No probs Mark, glad to help out and spread the fat love… 😀
    i will only charge a hip flask refill per sale 😉
    TJ i just fitted your 26t granny ring to a 22t rear on the Alfine on the pugsley…soon see how strong these hubs are!

EDIT; a group beachride with a load of them and some dune surfing would be a hoot!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Coastkid – mine has just gone to 22 / 16 for snow riding tomorrow.

Just checked yours on the gearing calculator – its really silly – the equivalent of a conventional 1×9 setup with a 22 chainring and a 12 – 35 cassette 🙂

Mines a little higher

daveb
    Free Member

May well be up for a ride somewhere tomorrow night. Arthurs seat could be fun, ages since I have ridden off road up there

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Maybe I could just try riding in for a pint, a fight and ride back again, that’d probably be an adventure and a half.

sharki
    Free Member

I’m in fer the beer/snowballin’

Will be dropping my bike to tbc tomorrow once it’s dark.

So, i will only have a drinking/tossin’ capacity.

Mark, Ceiling done.

Now off to the shop for provisions for the big snow in.

Milk, Wine and Ales should do it. 8)

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

sounds like the pentlands is really a no go – I shall do a recce round arthurs seat tomorrow and post up if its worth it.

coastkid
    Free Member

Steven, are you riding down to Niddrie? (pint,a fight):lol:
    TJ ,mind im 29er outside diameter..though i got into 8th out on the snow ploughed road down from the railway bridge and it was too low for top.
    so i will need to go 20t or 18t rear 😮

ojom
    Free Member

Sharki – get plenty of ale. Tonight we build an SS in the garage while the lady watches the telly thingy.

oh and i hope my ceiling looks like the Cistine!

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

SS, not for ‘Sparrow Legs’ Downie surely?

sharki
    Free Member

So we do the limit screws up on the mechs and get hammered Int pub.

Mean while in the bat cave, an audio playing a recording of bike tinkering runs, in case the lady pops out to check on us..

And Beware of falling snow from the roof…it’s melting and i feel there will soon be a mahoosive plop!

ojom
    Free Member

weeshed Menmuir. You just won 2 tickets to the gun show!

Going balls out for EzziThighs.com as my 2011 upgrade.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

coast kid – email me ( in profile) and I’;ll sends you the gearing calculator

Kit
    Free Member

If it’s a pub night, coont me in.

13thfloormonk

EzziThighs.com

😳

Eh… Mr Sharki up there seems to have schooled me on any climb of note so far… Don’t let the purchase of shiny white shoes fool you! 😀

TJ, I’ve got no time for recces, but would your route of two weeks back go? Surely the towpaths etc have been nicely compacted? I need my fix somehow, even just trying to follow the road out to Harlaw and back might be worth it?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 102 total)

The topic ‘The Wed night TheBikeChain ride thread.’ is closed to new replies.