Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • "The wealthiest 1% of the population owns 99% of the world's red trousers."
  • mcboo
    Free Member

Clicky

Apols for the rude title but time for an update from the best website in England.

…..only in England…..

[

MountainMutant
    Free Member

I just know you own a pair or two..

mcboo
    Free Member

I have close pals who I regularly torture with this peach of a website.

Look at this idiot

Three_Fish
    Free Member

Few things scream extraordinary wealth like pink/red trousers and a pair of pale brown brogues worn with an air of general contempt. The guy in the second picture is just some kind of street performer or layabout.

paddy0091
    Free Member
    konabunny
    Free Member

I am astonished not to recognise anyone in those photos.

wwaswas

this pic was posted the last time this site came up. I’m still trying to work out what the bloke in the background is angry about…

Stoner
    Free Member

everytime I go to that blog I scan from trouser leg up and every time expect to recognise the face…
    ..shocked that as yet I havent. There must be far more red trouser wearers out there than I imagined 😯

mcboo
    Free Member

Red strides = better than you.

MountainMutant
    Free Member

Do Rapha do them?

GrahamS

Is this a That London thing?

Don’t think I’ve ever seen someone sporting red strides, tweed jacket and tie.

But then up here in Geordieland it is rare to see someone sporting any kind of jacket.

Three_Fish
    Free Member

Don’t think I’ve ever seen someone sporting red strides, tweed jacket and tie.

Up here it’s a tweed coat, typically buttoned up, or an Aran sweater. It’s a rare sight in the city as staff are usually sent in; but you’ll certainly come across it in Hexham or, in particular, Alnwick.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I wore red trousers back in the 80s. someone shuld tell these guys time has moved on.

Gingerbloke
    Free Member

I work for VW in Cirencester, I think these lot make up about 50% of our customer base…..!!! Although some of them are partial to a pair of mustard cords.

wwaswas

The wealthiest 1% of the population owns 99% of the world’s red trousers.

don’t think I’ve ever seen someone sporting red strides… up here in Geordieland

clearly exclusively the 99% living near you 😉

Houns

I have mustard and pink cords 8)

However I’m probably in the bottom 1% wealth wise

bigsurfer
    Free Member

We had a shop in Honiton Devon until very recently that only sold red and mustard cords to all those Bentley driving Farmers.

emsz
    Free Member

I live with a “rugger boy” he’s lovely really, honestly he’s a sweet heart, but Oh My Gosh…His wardrobe consists solely of rugby shirts, cords, jeans, check shirts and jackets, and he’s in love with a pair od really faded red trousers..LOL

thegreatape
    Free Member

I’m still trying to work out what the bloke in the background is angry about…

His inferior trousers?

kimbers

i can confirm that loads of ball aching posh folk in kensington wear them, i used to work there and youd see them loads, often old and faded to pink too, chords or thick chino types, they look awful but obviously in the right circles they are da bomb
    cfh? its your area please explain

ive also seen a very pissed old red trousered gent step into raffic leaving the anglesea arms with a spreading wet patch in his crotch as he failed to get to his multimillion pound mews house over the road quickly enough

mcboo
    Free Member

Do Rapha do them?

No but they now sell shoe trees.

http://www.rapha.cc/rapha-shoe-trees

Houns

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

the guy in the bottom photo (the st pauls protest one) is the brother of a friend of mine. no joke!

pedalhead
    Free Member

speaking of Rapha, their proud boast that their new “Grand Tour Shoes” are made of yak leather suggests that they have finally completely disappeared up their own arse. Again. I had to check it was’t April 1st when the yak leather / shoe tree email arrived (yes I am on their mailing list, for entertainment purposes).

Alpha1653

What’s wrong with red trousers? I think they would look remarkably smart, especially since they would match the lining of my tweed jacket.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘"The wealthiest 1% of the population owns 99% of the world's red trousers."’ is closed to new replies.