Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • The watching pro Cyclocross thread (will contain spoilers I guess)
  • ferrals
    Free Member

Thought we could have a thread on the pro cx races, World Cup, superprestige, DVv trophee etc. Similar to the ones on the DH. Looks like we can watch the world cup races on YouTube now and superprestige is on flo bikes.

Thoughts on bogense last week? I enjoyed the racing but can’t help thinking the descents were too technical, I’m all for run-ups and cambers that have to be run but when pros are running all the descents too it doesn’t make for great viewing and I guess not the most fun to race either. Wonder if it will be modified before the world champs there? Someone made the point if ’tis icy in January could be very dangerous.

Zeven today and it look s like a cracker. Cyclocross mag course inspection

Live streams here Women’s and here Mens

Shame no Tom Pidcock racing but twitter says he’s doing a big training block, I guess he’s the world champs to consider.

Will be watching tomorrow morning before racing our local league I reckon 😀

dawson

Helen Wyman looked much more comfortable with the mud descents on foot and carried a lot more speed.
    MvdP eventually cleaning that mud climb was awesome. Different level to the rest of the elite men at the moment. Hope he gets WC stripes this time.

kilo

I thought last weeks was a good hard course and for a brief while it looked like MvDP was not going to have an easy ride. Wondering if WvAs form is starting to catch MvDP, hopefully.
    Wyman did seem to suit the tough conditions and made a good go of it.

RoterStern
    Free Member

But many of the pros road the descents in Bogense ( the men’s race at least). It made for some comedy crashes in the U 23 races. I thought the venue was great and the sea crashing over the riders looked superb. God knows what it will be like next year for the champs if there is a storm. Toon Aerts pirouetting the barriers was also a highlight.

ferrals
    Free Member

I hope WvA can catch Up with MvDP, otherwise it’s a little dull. at the moment the women’s is a much more exciting race to watch. Pleased to see Lars van der Haar getting some good results too.

qwerty
    Free Member

Nino Schurter should do a VdP and turn up at a world’s CX race 🙂

kilo

Just caught up with the Saturday’s World Cup racing on Eurosport, another hard muddy course a good women’s race and a good result for Wyman again. Men’s race was a bit less exciting but at least a different winner.

ferrals
    Free Member

Just watched them myself. Great course and xciting racing, agree men’s was less so but a cracking effort from toon alerts right at the end and plenty of other good bits.

Think there was a DVv race today as well so will look that out later

tang
    Free Member

Feels like the season is on properly now! I love that Hamme course, shame I couldn’t make it this year.

rollindoughnut
    Free Member

I’m so glad the mud has arrived. Was getting bored of yet another grass race.

paton
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQpNIVGTFO8[/video]

sbob
    Free Member

The plaque for the alternists is ===> way. 😉

ferrals
    Free Member

rollindoughnut – Member
    I’m so glad the mud has arrived. Was getting bored of yet another grass race.

Agreed. Link to Hamme replay here. Bizarre what happened to Corne Van Kessel. Looked deliberate!

ferrals
    Free Member

Fantastic win for Evie Richards in the womens wordl cup at Namur. well worth watching the replay on Youtube. A win for Tom Pidocjk in the u23s race as well but Ive not seen any fotoage of that yet

simondbarnes

Yes, a great win. Caught the leading 3 after 2 laps and then just rode away 🙂

scaredypants

Bizarre what happened to Corne Van Kessel. Looked deliberate

was very odd, that – the spectator who seemed to have caused it looked totally bemused and a bit affronted. Pefect assassin !

aP
    Free Member

Tom rode well today, steady start then just pulled away. Sanne had a poor day but Evie was awesome. Big crash at the start the men’s race – but after that, the speed of them was astounding. And we had breakfast sitting next to Stephen Hyde.
    The course today would trounce anything held in the UK it was very technical. Those of you who think that CX is just riding round a field should go to Namur next year.

jobro
    Free Member

Wow! can that Evie run. Not bad for someone with a buggered knee. And her ( and the others) handling skills are beyond my comprehension.

Link if you haven’t seen it.

ferrals
    Free Member

I though Evie was noticably faster on the tech sections from the coverage. Really inpressive.

Some of those big steep drops would be scary on a cx bike!

MTB-Rob
    Free Member

Yes great womans race, Evie caming back of the grid to win.
    Shame the race was so short, 38 mins!! should of been another lap!

vdubber67
    Free Member

I hate it when commentators (usually Ant Mc…) go on about “this will suit the MTBers” or “she’s using her MTB skills” etc.

BUT – have to say Evie did seem to ride some of the race today like a MTBer riding cross. You know. All the corners are ridden full gas with the back end stepping out, borderline out of control. Awesome to watch!

🙂

grtdkad

Awesome ride from Evie, powered away with riding skills that left the others looking somewhat lacking!

Plenty of talent there and what determination.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘The watching pro Cyclocross thread (will contain spoilers I guess)’ is closed to new replies.