Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • The Very Thirsty Human Rights Lawyer
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

In the light of the moon, an international criminal lawyer really, really wanted another a drink…

Video: “International Criminal Lawyer” And “Barrister” Abuses Air India Crew

She seems nice.

WTF is wrong with some people when they get on a plane?

rene59
    Free Member

On a side note, be careful when using the word thirsty in work. Doesn’t mean what it used to mean to today’s youth as I found out a few weeks ago when I got the piss ripped out of me.

tomhoward

They’re drunk.

ElShalimo

<span style=”font-size: 0.8rem;”>Imagine being sat near that idiot for hours on end!</span>

They should have rubbish shoots on planes for people like this.

“Yes, thank you Madame now please step into out exec bar…and goodbye”

ads678

On a side note, be careful when using the word thirsty in work. Doesn’t mean what it used to mean to today’s youth as I found out a few weeks ago when I got the piss ripped out of me.

I’m intrigued how someone can rip the piss out of you for saying you were thirsty and meaning you could do with a drink. Or were you trying to be down wiv da kidz and failed??

GrahamS

I remember seeing a middle aged guy going mental on a long haul flight to South Africa.

Seemingly okay bloke later became disoriented and was randomly swearing and ranting at air crew. It was severe enough that my missus intervened to check the guy was medically okay.

Potent combination of anti-anxiety medication (for flight nerves), sleeping pills (for long haul) plus a couple of glasses of alcohol in his case meant he was accidentally trippin balls and understandably freaked out.

Always a possibility?

drnosh
    Free Member

I would ask that she was handcuffed to her seat and gagged.

That behaviour would be enough to drive anybody nuts on that flight.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

When does the OP get the chance to brag about “turning left”?

tjagain

come on.  CFH has never turned left in his life  If he needs to go in that direction he turns right 3 times!

CountZero

I would ask that she was handcuffed to her seat and gagged.

Zip-tied and duct-tape over her mouth.

“Entitlement is strong in this one, young Luke, attractive to the Dark Side she is”

franksinatra

This lawyer involved in this appears to have committed suicide. No one did well out of that nasty episode.
    Guardian link

handybar
    Free Member

All it takes is one high profile mistake and the internet never forgets…just a very sad situation. The last thing someone with a drinking problem needs is national exposure.

zippykona

And that is why planes should be booze free.

cynic-al
    Free Member

The last thing someone with a drinking problem needs is national exposure

Very sad but she had more than a drink problem.

As an aside on “folk being ****S on public transport” does anyone know why many train toilets get stuffed with paper towels/loo rolls rendering them unuseable?

molgrips
    Free Member

Well done internet scumbags.

somafunk

The fact she committed suicide doesn’t absolve her of acting like a dick, her attitude on the plane reeks of entitlement, nope…no sympathy from me.

Klunk
    Free Member

usually choice of footware.

verses

Good book

martinhutch

As a highly qualified barrister, her activities would have been tabloid fodder as soon as she stood up in court anyway, so the public shaming would have been unavoidable even in the pre-internet age, as was the prison sentence and subsequent loss of her career. Sad story all round, and the sooner that alcohol is removed from aircraft and airports the better. Especially since the potentially exaggerated and unexpected effects of alcohol at altitude are well documented.

croe
    Free Member

She might have had a drinking problem but she also had an attitude and a personality problem.

cynic-al
    Free Member

The fact she committed suicide doesn’t absolve her of acting like a dick, her attitude on the plane reeks of entitlement, nope…no sympathy from me.

I guess no one in your life has suffered mental health issues, drink problems, cyber-bullying? Never made any mistakes, had any regrets?

Of course she was a ****, how is her loss of life fair?

*awaits cliched hard-ball answer*

wwaswas

She might have had a drinking problem but she also had an attitude and a personality problem.

All I know about her is around her behaviour on one flight whilst drunk and her subsequent death. I don’t know what events in her life led her to the point where she behaved like that nor whether she had mental health issues that contributed.

There’s an awful lot of judgements of a clearly troubled person who’s taken their life going on on this thread and it’s not, imo, putting those making the judgements on the high moral ground.

Drac

Dodgy footwear.

El-bent
    Free Member

Well done internet scumbags.

I suppose you could go one further and spit on her grave?

zippykona

No booze on planes and she would be alive now.

Poopscoop

I’m with zippy. Ban booze on planes for a start. It’s no place to have a mind altering drug available.

Personally,I think it’s horrible to hear about. I know next to nothing about her and certainly wouldn’t feel comfortable on passing judgment one someone based on one incident.

outofbreath
    Free Member

The fact she committed suicide doesn’t absolve her of acting like a dick,

AFAIC the prison sentence and the loss her her career & dignity absolved her of acting like a dick. The suicide moves her well into atonement credit AFAIC.

Cougar

All I know about her is around her behaviour on one flight whilst drunk and her subsequent death. I don’t know what events in her life led her to the point where she behaved like that nor whether she had mental health issues that contributed.

This. It’s very easy to jump to conclusions based on very little fact.

If she did in fact take her own life due to online bullying (which is pure speculation) then it’s somewhat sad that it’s still continuing on here after the fact. On the other hand, it’s hard for me to muster a vast amount of sympathy, I’ve been drunk plenty of times and not once did it turn me into an angry racist.

outofbreath
    Free Member

I’m with zippy. Ban booze on planes for a start. It’s no place to have a mind altering drug available.

Agree. On reflection it’s a bit mental that someone goes to prison for endangering an aircraft while under the influence of a drug provided by the aircraft operators.

(I must confess I didn’t initially see it that way.)

footflaps

Does seem a complete waste of a life. She made a mistake, paid the price (prison sentence). She didn’t deserve to die for it. Tragic ending.

tjagain

I have had to deal with someone like this when working for the police. It was a middleaged well to do woman. She was already in a cell when I saw her having been removed from the plane. I tried to examine her but couldn’t do it properly even with PCSOs there as she was snarling and spitting like a angry cat. This was about 2 hours after she had been removed from the plane. She clearly had a broken arm but we couldn’t get her calmed down enough to check her over and take her to hospital. Eventually we got her sorted.

Cause – Valium and booze. I have never seen anyone behave like this before, trying to hit people with a broken arm., Its not a normal response.

It seem the combo of stress, booze, benzos can make some people behave in a way they never normally would.

cromolyolly
    Free Member

She didn’t deserve to die for it. Tragic ending.

She probably had people who liked her, maybe even loved her for all her faults. Out of respect for them maybe we could just let this one disappear into the higher number pages…..

zippykona

Maybe her plight will make people aware of how stupid booze on planes is.

handybar
    Free Member

Genuinely surprised by some of the comments above – it seems suicide is ok for someone who acts like a “dick”. Wow.
    As above, the valium and booze angle struck me as a strong possibility; anyway out of respect I won’t be posting on this one again.

bikebouy
    Free Member

She didn’t deserve to die for it. Tragic ending.

She probably had people who liked her, maybe even loved her for all her faults. Out of respect for them maybe we could just let this one disappear into the higher number pages…..

I’m going with this.

ransos
    Free Member

It’s a shame, and not a little ironic, that you’ve chosen to be so thoroughly unpleasant.

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘The Very Thirsty Human Rights Lawyer’ is closed to new replies.