Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • The Unforgettable Fire U2 what groups bring memories flooding back ?
  • unfitgeezer
    Free Member

In the days when I thought Bono was cool 1987 ish (15yrs old) I loved this album we used to listen to this all the time !
    Discovering girls and first snog muddy fox courier bike (when muddy fox were cool !)

JCL
    Free Member

Shalamar, the Austin Princess, Dolby noise reduction, chipstix….

Great days.

tiggs121
    Free Member

Just listened to Sham69 – brought back some moments. None of them bike related though!

1978 – If the Kids are United. Brilliant!

takisawa2

Classic album.

johndoh
    Free Member

Pretty much anything metal circa. ’81/’83 – did nothing but play it non-stop in my bedroom – Ozzy, Maiden, Saxon, Motörhead, Priest, Girlschool, Crüe, Sabbath, all that stuff. Still get flashbacks now when I hear certain songs in certain circumstances…

DezB
    Free Member

iPod treated me to some Bauhaus “Nerves”/”Crowds” only yesterday. Teenage sex. Shed loads of it. Everywhere possible. And some places not.
    Good memories but bad to remember them!

julianwilson
    Free Member

takisawa2 – Member

Classic album.

The zenith/nadir of Bono’s mullet too. (delete as appropriate) 😀

For me to has to be Appetite for Destruction, Pills/Thrills/Bellyaches, Gold Mother and ‘The Stone Roses’ that really got me into not listening to whatever was on the radio.

CountZero

With over forty years of gig-going, and more of music listening, there are really too many to count. 😀

choppersquad
    Free Member

I’ve just started to listen to “Sparkle In The Rain” by Simple Minds. It sounds just as good now as it did when I was a kid.

senorj

Pride(in the name of love) always reminds me of cheap lager/cider and it all kicking off at the rugby club disco…..

Coyote
    Free Member

“Close to Me” by the Cure popped up on XFM drivetime yesterday. I was instantly transported.

“Wonderful Life” – Black, “True Faith” – New Order and “Wishing” – Flock of Seagulls all bring back memories of happy times.

Pigface
    Free Member

Machine Gun Etiquette the 3rd Damned album literally wore it out, put it on now and I know all the words.

from Ow Do to nibbled to death by an Okapi it’s all killer no filler 😆

theotherjonv

George Best by the Wedding Present. Released the same month I went up to university, it was the soundtrack to my first year. I only have to hear the deep breath in that precedes the first track and I’m back.

MoreCashThanDash

Was in the sixth form when Unforgettable Fire came out. My gf at the time bought me it. My 18th birthday was very special……

Ah, mammaries memories!

johndoh
    Free Member

Liberator by Spear of Destiny always reminds me of pogo-ing at Sixth Form parties at the Walleston in Knaresborough. Normally closely followed by ‘Mars Bar in the Pocket’ smooching with whichever girl was daft enough to accept my advances*.

*Sorry Helen Sanderson, you were always my fallback if no-one else fell for my charms – I was never interested in you in the slightest bit but 16 year olds are 16 year olds…

Ahhh happy days.

DezB
    Free Member

Just noticed this from the OP
    first snog muddy fox courier bike

Sick bastard.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

what groups bring memories flooding back ?

Mine.

IGMC

RustySpanner

Here & Now.

Must have seen them a couple of dozen times in the mid 80’s.

Used to sneak off to free festivals (parents were told we were off on walking holidays) with mate’s older brothers who had a coach – Leyland 6 wheeler in primer if anyone remembers it.

Just caught the tail end of the festival movement – the heroin and Special Brew had kicked in and it soon became unpleasant.

Shame really. It could have been so good.

willard

Baba O’Reilly – The Who. Takes me back to some awesome wakeboarding sessions.

SaxonRider

I’m totally with you on the U2 front, unfitgeezer. I was first in line for the Joshua Tree album, but two years before had been given both Under a Blood Red Sky and Unforgettable Fire for my birthday. It all coincided with my education in other life departments as well.

8)

kiwijohn

Doolittle.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘The Unforgettable Fire U2 what groups bring memories flooding back ?’ is closed to new replies.