Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • The Ultimate Debate: What biscuits with your afternoon Coffee?
  • danielgroves
    Free Member

As above, what’s biscuit to have with your afternoon tea/coffee?

I’m currently sat here munching on shortbread fingers, although I normally opt for Chocolate Digestives or Bourbons.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Garibaldi? Custard creams? Man I can’t even pick a winder amongst my own favourites!

scaredypants

dark chocolate hobnobs

Bregante

I’ve just pinched half of my wife’s double decker. She won’t be happy when she gets in. Need to get the kids to bed so I can blame one of them.

matt_outandabout

Abernethy and malted milk currently flava of the week here.

danielgroves
    Free Member

I’ve just pinched half of my wife’s double decker. She won’t be happy when she gets in. Need to get the kids to bed so I can blame one of them.

I like your style!

Wookster

scaredypants – Member
    dark chocolate hobnobs

POSTED 11 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

Oh yes!

Almost (but only almost) a match for a Jaffa cake!!!

ChubbyBlokeInLycra
    Free Member

the plain chocolate wafer biscuit of the gods

Prophet2
    Free Member

Fig Rolls. In fact just had two with my evening coffee, sorted.

dannybgoode

I nicked my wife’s Wispa once and put the wrapper on the dog’s bed. Dog took the bollocking like a true hero.

Can’t beat a Jaffa Cake (yes I know possibly not technically a biscuit but it is used in the manner of…).

Cheers

Danny B

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Choco-Leibniz

————— End of Thread —————

Bregante

I nicked my wife’s Wispa once and put the wrapper on the dog’s bed. Dog took the bollocking like a true hero.

*Mental note: Buy a dog.

williams
    Free Member

Milk chocolate hob nobs. Or the milk choc digestive with toffee in the middle.

_tom_
    Free Member

+1 for leibniz. Too many good biscuits to just pick one though. I’m loving ginger nuts/creams at the minute 🙂

uselesshippy
    Free Member

Biscuits?
    Dash of whiskey. 😀

bearnecessities

I’ve just pinched half of my wife’s double decker.

Make sure to pinch the other half, otherwise she may feel one is less inviting. 😀

matt_outandabout

And of course, for the day I need some luxury in life:

Tunnock’s Caramel – food of the gods! by matt_outandabout, on Flickr

bruneep

CAKE

Just made it over the halfway line today on my sons birthday cake

tang
    Free Member

I’m not fussy, I’ll even eat the stale digestives. My local waitrose has a spectacular aisle of biscuits and crackers that I’m diligently working through.
    What tea though? I love a lapsang or other china tea in the afternoon.

ononeorange

Fig rolls. Definitely. No question.

Or maybe garibaldi.

maccruiskeen

stroopwaffle warmed over the mug

spacemonkey

Afternoon coffee? Pah, the blasphemy. Afternoon tea is all that you require. Twinings Organic English Breakfast x 2 bags and a small lump of brown sugar. A Waitrose Leibniz copy to accompany. Job done.

garage-dweller

Unwarmed stroopwaffels. Quite partial to custard creams too.

sweepy
    Free Member

I love a stroopwaffle warmed on the mug, but now i’ve swapped to espresso i’m a bit scuppered

maxtorque

It depends on how dippy i am feeling. Gingernuts are good dippers (but have a sharp cutoff time for max-dip before structural failure) whereas choccy hobnobs don’t dip well, but are terrifically chocolatey. Decisions, decisions decisions……. 😉

Bazz

Biscuits go with tea in my house, i quite like a pastry with coffee, maple and pecan, chocolate twist, pain au chocolat or chocolate/almond croissant, especially after a ride.

CountZero

Back when I used to have biscuits around at work, it was McViteas Digestives or nothing. Unfortunately, once a packet got opened, that was it, there was no stopping. As I’m rarely sat at a desk with a computer these days, I don’t bother, and I have a thermal mug with a lid on anyway, so dunking in my tea would be awkward.

danielgroves
    Free Member

Afternoon coffee? Pah, the blasphemy. Afternoon tea is all that you require. Twinings Organic English Breakfast x 2 bags and a small lump of brown sugar. A Waitrose Leibniz copy to accompany. Job done.

I’m the least british brit ever. Tea? Disgusting. And nice mug of freshly brewed Coffee anytime for me.

Unfortunately, once a packet got opened, that was it, there was no stopping.

During times at Uni I’ve been known to polish off a pack a day easily…

thepurist

During times at Uni I’ve been known to polish off a pack a day easily…

If you weren’t meant to do that then surely biscuits would come in ‘easy to reseal’ packaging.

FuzzyWuzzy

Fox’s jam ‘n creams, I swear they have crack in them as I end up eating the whole packet in one go 🙁

_tom_
    Free Member

This is the first time I’ve heard of stroopwafels and they sound amazing. Need to find some.

40mpg

We currently have a fine selection in the tin here at work. I’ve just succumbed to a shortbread finger, a milk choc hobnob and one of those shortbready chocolate cream things with a consistency a bit like a viennese whirl.

Unfortunately the experience was ruined by a colleague making me a cup of instant coffee, (with milk!), when the cafetierre is right beside me on the desk. I was on the phone at the time so couldn’t chastise him.

Some of the comments above indicate that some people clearly don’t understand what a biscuit is. Tunnocks don’t count – they are surely a snack bar as individually wrapped? Biscuits come in packs and are decanted to a tin.

fasthaggis

thepurist

Biscuits come in packs and are decanted to a tin. consumed entirely and immediately

FTFY

And fasthaggis is 100% correct.

tang
    Free Member

Check your local health food shop for DeRit honey/syrup/hazel nut waflens. Hazel nut tops my list, pack of 6 can be dispatched with alarming speed. I’m off out to get some right now.

danielgroves
    Free Member

colleague making me a cup of instant coffee, (with milk!), when the cafetierre is right beside me on the desk.

That’s a sin. Have your boss fire him immediately.

therealhoops
    Free Member

Crawfords assortments don’t last long near me.

I’m so fat 😥

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘The Ultimate Debate: What biscuits with your afternoon Coffee?’ is closed to new replies.