Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 392 total)
  • The UFC/BELLATOR/MMA Thread.
  • greentricky
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-srTvXH5bo[/video]

Jamie
    Free Member

That popped up on my feed earlier. Guess people will believe anything.

greentricky
    Free Member

It had me very confused

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    jimjam
    Free Member

Jamie – Member

Cyborg trains with Gabs Garcia.

Creatine.

Jamie
    Free Member

It had me very confused

Like the above pic.

Confused boner that is!

Anyway, that Fake Connor is like 2x the size.

arrpee
    Free Member

Jon Jones: mountain biker.

[video]https://youtu.be/au9HzCadrHU[/video]

jimjam
    Free Member

I chuckled to myself at the baddest man on the planet implying that riding an mtb on the road in some light summer rain was in any way tough.

jimjam
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLxCj2xrDmA[/video]

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-kx2vCqVTg&t=0s[/video]

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ux406oYGb_c[/video]

It’s on. Phew!

blueflamespecial
    Free Member

Hands off the towel for Cormier this time at least!

Jones looks in great shape and unfortunately for Cormier he’s just the better fighter. Would love for Cormier to prove me wrong though.

Jamie
    Free Member

It’s on. Phew!

Still time for Jones to fail a drug test and/or run over a pregnant lady.

I am not relaxing till after I have watched the fight.

jimjam
    Free Member

blueflamespecial – Member

Hands off the towel for Cormier this time at least!

Jones looks in great shape and unfortunately for Cormier he’s just the better fighter. Would love for Cormier to prove me wrong though.

Their last fight was a lot more competitive than most people give Cormier credit for. Unfortunately DC just lacks the right weight division (and also the discipline) to fight people a similar size to himself.

Jamie
    Free Member

Turns out I am not going to be able to watch this live, so will be in media lockdown till tomorrow night. Phone off, laptop in bin etc.

jimjam
    Free Member

That’s how I roll for almost every UFC, although this one is actually tempting me to stay up. Might hang in there for the prelims and watch the main event tomorrow night. Such an awesome card.

Jamie
    Free Member

I have not stayed up to watch an event in a while, but this one is just so ridiculous I think it’s worth it. But got to be out early and alert, so probably best I don’t pull an allnighter.

…now if I had Jon Jones coke hook up, it’d be a different story.

I better make sure I don’t check my Skybet account, as if I see I have money in there, then I know Evinger won 😀

ctk
    Free Member

Cormier’s face in post fight interview 🙁 Feel for the guy massively. Loving Woodley winning in a boring way again! **** Dana!

swedishmatt
    Free Member

Cormier either wasn’t on form today or his strategy was wrong He just really seemed like he wanted to grapple but didn’t really commit. Hands open. Moving forward constantly. Low guard. And receive a kick to the head. Jones has some lovely reach.

arrpee
    Free Member

Don’t think I’ve felt worse for a defeated fighter than I did for Cormier. They really, really need to stop interviewing ko’d fighters.

Jones looked undeniable, despite Cormier’s improvements.

I too want nothing more than to see Woodley win 10 straight title defences in exactly that same manner. Dana White is the most repellent thing about the promotion, and possibly the whole sport. He’s now saying he’ll deny Woodley the GSP fight.

Loved Cowboy vs Lawler. Glad neither got finished.

greentricky
    Free Member

Cormier was heart breaking in defeat, going to take him a long time to get over I imagine.

Joe on his podcast always moans that he thinks it wrong to interview ko’d fighters and won’t do it anymore, so not sure what happened last night, maybe dc indicates he wanted to comment but didn’t look that way.

That Woodley fight was awful and miars game plan frustrating.

Was happy for cyborg to get her belt at last and Lawler fight was ace.

We really going to get Brock vs. Jones? Might as well book McGregor vs. Jones as well.

ctk
    Free Member

Jones vs Gustafson I think might happen. Jones vs Miocic?…. Prove he is the GOAT.

arrpee
    Free Member

Oezdemir vs Gustafsson to decide the next title shot? Too soon for the former maybe?

Jones vs Lesnar at Madison Square Garden would makes sense in terms of maximum money-gawp. When’s Lesnar’s suspension up?

Jones seemed pretty candid about not wanting to fight Miocic; too good and insufficiently lucrative.

I want to see him fight Cain: superficially, a bigger, scarier version of DC, and the fact that he’s DC’s best mate adds an extra level of investment.

Jamie
    Free Member

greentricky
    Free Member

Jones vs Lesnar at Madison Square Garden would makes sense in terms of maximum money-gawp. When’s Lesnar’s suspension up?

Apparently it hasn’t started yet and is a year from when he applies for a license and registering to fight with the ufc

Notter
    Free Member

Jones v Lesnar would be ridiculous (in a bad way), would begin to turn UFC into a freak show.

Jones v Gustaffson 2 would be awesome, the first bout was a classic in my eyes.

Credit to DC and I am gutted for him, an actual gentleman in how he carries himself, respect champ…..

Manuwa was a major disappointment, Cowbow v Ruthless, wow……!

Woodley, meh….Proper respect to him but not a card headliner, but kudos for winding Dana up!! I do think he’s got the skills and explosiveness to give a proper show, but is he more concerned with “legacy”?

Good card altogher though, bring on May-Mac…. 😉

jimjam
    Free Member

Notter – Member

Jones v Lesnar would be ridiculous (in a bad way), would begin to turn UFC into a freak show.

Jones v Gustaffson 2 would be awesome, the first bout was a classic in my eyes.

There’s nothing ridiculous about Jones v Lesnar (other than the proposed timescale). Jones is taller, has alonger reach and was about 240lbs prior to the OSP fight. He obviously has unfinished business at LHW with Gustaffson but my feeling is that if Jones actually trains, and doesn’t party the week of the fight he’ll smash Gustaffson.

After that he’s done at LHW, there are precious few legitimate contenders and the division will never recapture the rivalry and hype JJ had with DC. A move up to heavyweight creates a marketing narrative and creates an argument for him being the GOAT.

It’s worth remembering he’s trained with Overeem and Arlovski for years now. A fight with Brock is a great way to springboard his heavyweight campaign with the biggest amount of hype possible. Baring a lucky shot, Jones will destroy Lesnar. Easily. Followed by the belt.

warton
    Free Member

Not a bad card, but I hoped for an amazing card.

Lawyer v Cowboy was superb, possibly had it as a Draw, thought Cowboy was unlucky to lose.

woodley was supreme,but it was a tedious fight.

Cyborg was always winning that, but the other girl was tough as anything

i loved the little kick to unbalance DC after Jones’s first head kick, shows he’s got a true fighting brain. others would have kept on pounding the head, and it would have ended up on the fence, and DC would have maybe survived. Jones is the real deal, but really do not want to see a Lesnor fight, it’s got no integrity.

jimjam
    Free Member

Nine days till Mayweather vs McGregor; the hype train is gathering steam. Nevada state athletic commission have sanctioned the use of 8oz gloves. Conor McGregor dished out a “one sided beating*” to former WBA Welterweight world champ Pauli Malinaggi after Malinaggi had previously commented that he would beat McGregor with one hand tied behind his back.

*Dana White is not known for his honesty or his consistency but according to Brendan Schaub, Malignaggi admitted in private that McGregor was much harder to fight that he imagined, due in part to his un-orthdox style and his speed.

BoardinBob

We’ve seen 15 seconds of a fat retired Paulie dodging punches and falling on his arse. He wasn’t even that good when he was active and at his fighting weight

jimjam
    Free Member

BoardinBob – Member

We’ve seen 15 seconds

Yeah they should really release the whole spar before the fight 😆

of a fat retired Paulie

…who fought the Commonwealth champ four months ago…

dodging punches and falling on his arse

…getting knocked down

He wasn’t even that good when he was active and at his fighting weight

No he was just a world champion with 44 professional fight, who could beat McGregor with one hand tied behind his back. Like everyone who’s ever boxed apparently.

I’d like to see how many 0-0 non boxers with no boxing experience can spar with a former world champion for one round, nevermind 12. Say what you want, it’s time to admit McGregor can actually box.

jimjam
    Free Member

PSA of sorts. Polaris 5 (which is a submission only bjj competition) is live on UFC Fightpass now. I know there are a few people here who subscribe and there are usually free trials. There are a few competitors regular mma fans should know including Caol Uno, Brad Pickett, Jake Shields as well as arguably two of the best bjj exponents in the world – Garry Tonon and Dillon Danis.

The prelims are on now and can often be more fun than the main events because amateurs are more inclined to go for a sub than cruise for a draw.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCMcBglAkHQ[/video]

Jamie
    Free Member

I’ll be watching. Dan Strauss is my boy.

Well, he’s not, but alway fun to watch.

Plus want to see Danis lose.

Jamie
    Free Member

Jamie
    Free Member

Jamie
    Free Member

Jamie
    Free Member

lol – Goddamn 504 Gateway Time-out.

jimjam
    Free Member

Thought you were having a seizure 😆

Jamie
    Free Member

AJ Agazarm is really embracing his heel status.

jimjam
    Free Member

I think he struggles to temper his pious Christian persona with his Mr Nasty persona.

Great finish though.

BoardinBob

Jon Jones popped for ‘roids 🙄

Jamie
    Free Member

lol…wtf.

How broke is his dick?

Such a waste of a career. He could be #1 without them, yet well….****. At least DC can say he only lost to a doper.

Bet the UFC are pleased this news comes out when their brand is getting the most attention it’s ever gotten due to the McG/Mayweather fight.

BoardinBob

If it’s true then him, and his entire team should be banned. Absolute clown shoes

Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 392 total)

The topic ‘The UFC/BELLATOR/MMA Thread.’ is closed to new replies.