Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • The toilet seat debate
  • slackalice
    Free Member

table tennis ball

Err, can’t believe I’m asking this but how does that work? Do you keep buying and flushing table tennis balls or does said 7 year old have to dig out the target every time?

It floats and too light to be flushed away, even with poo and paper. Pretty much self cleaning too unless it was a particularly sticky one 😉

perchypanther
    Free Member

Do you keep buying and flushing table tennis balls or does said 7 year old have to dig out the target every time?

I suggest you try flushing a table tennis ball down the toilet for the answer to that.

Your mind will be blown.

slowoldman

Well I think it depends on the exact circumstances.
    At work I prefer to go into a trap with the lid already up. That way I don’t have the worry of what I’ll find when lifting it.

At home I normally put down seat and lid (and close the door). Just seems tidy. But at night when I jump out of bed needing instant relief, it’s better if the lid and seat have been left up.

As for flushing, I do so before closing the lid. I need to check if my fibre-enhanced stools will make it round the bend, rather than leave it for someone else to marvel at. This talk of aerosol spraying of faecal detritus seems a but overplayed – the stuff is under water for a start.

cromolyolly
    Free Member

I suggest you try flushing a table tennis ball down the toilet for the answer to that.

In someone else’s plumbing I might. I’m pretty sure I could bomb it into submission and do not want to deal with the ensuing blockages.

cromolyolly
    Free Member

This talk of aerosol spraying of faecal detritus seems a but overplayed – the stuff is under water for a start.

Well, yeah. It is the water which aerosolises and carries the stuff with it not the stuff itself.

funkmasterp

I sit down to piss at home. The toilet is my safe place where I hide from the madness. Might as well have a sit down whilst I’m in there.

johndoh
    Free Member

The toilet is my safe place where I hide from the madness.

LOL! This should be made into a teeshirt.

verses

https://www.businessinsider.com/flushing-toilet-seat-up-sprays-water-germs-2016-3?r=US&IR=T

While being berated by MrsV she did say “It’s true you can look it up on the internet!”.

I pointed out that I could probably use the internet to prove every side of any argument.

I’m sure there’s every chance that Business Insider is a rigorous scientific journal* though.

*or gets its stories from one – I can’t read it due to adblocker detection

sirromj

So how long should you wait before lifting the lid after flushing your stools away to check for skidmarks? And if there are skids, after brushing, is it permissable to have the lid up while flushing to rinse the brush?

Cougar

Tell them you think they’re absolutely right, and in the interests of hygiene you’re going to have the throne ripped out and an outside loo built. (Erm, though perhaps not in that order.) Should end the argument pretty swiftly.

northernsoul

All said though, even once you’re satisfied that you’ve optimised your lid arrangements to minimise aerosols, you still have to run the gauntlet of detritus left on the door handle by the last person who used the loo and didn’t wash their hands afterwards (well this is the case where I work at least* – at home the problem is children who think that water is all you need and soap is an inconvenience amounting to an optional extra).

*compounded by the cheapest “toilet roll” money can buy.

CountZero

Up until recently, lid and seat up was the general rule, which I was all too glad about one night when I got the first inkling I’d caught a dose of Norovirus, and just about made it to the bathroom door. I didn’t realise projectile vomiting could be so accurate. After that I was glad to have the seat down…

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘The toilet seat debate’ is closed to new replies.