• This topic has 31 replies, 25 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by kilo.
Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • The Sun headline today…
  • dannybgoode

‘Cam’s Group Text Scandal’

Oddly I thought there was a more important news event yesterday (picked up by every other newspaper as their front page oddly).

Disgusting paper, disgusting behaviour…

senorj

The Scum , quite simple.

geoffj

I’m no News Corp apologist, but I’m not sure it would ever be appropriate for them to have any Hillsborough-related headline.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Screwed if you do, screwed if you don’t….

dannybgoode

May be something along the lines of ‘We were wrong…’?

geoffj

I think they’ve done that twice already. And for the avoidance of doubt, yes I think they were…..very wrong.

wwaswas

The Times showing solidarity with The Sun too;

mikewsmith
    Free Member

dannybgoode – Member

which would be followed by a thread calling them disingenuous bastards etc.

wwaswas

Metro did a good echo of the The Sun’s front page;

Klunk
    Free Member

Apparently the Times is a quality independent paper, according to some on here. yeah right! another murdoch shit shop.

wwaswas

The Times did issue a second edition front cover according to their twitter feed;

(of course some may feel the damage was already done…)

kimbers

mikewsmith – Member
    Screwed if you do, screwed if you don’t…

I disagree the Sun could and should apologise, today was the perfect opportunity to do so,properly, the Times is obviously trying to pretend it’s a quality independent, hence the second attempt at a front cover , but it’s obvious that Murdoch is the boss and he not the apologising type. So the lies persist

Their lies have been repeated over and over, a very unhealthy relationship between the police, the government and the right wing press over this one…

Jeremy Hunt ‘sorry’ over Hillsborough hooligans claim

Thatcher did not agree with criticism of police in report

Northwind

(once again, because there’s epic amounts of bullshit involved in this story, and it’s almost entirely on the “arsehole” side, a correction of that last one)

Boris Johnson didn’t say that; he was the editor, Simon Heffer wrote the article. Heffer says he wrote it at Johnson’s suggestion though. Johnson has at least apologised for it, Heffer still seems very pleased with himself for writing it.

clodhopper
    Free Member

“I’m no News Corp apologist, but I’m not sure it would ever be appropriate for them to have any Hillsborough-related headline.”

If there was ever a day that the Sun could have issued a proper front-page apology, stating that that newspaper deliberately lied to it’s readers, it was today. And they didn’t do it. I doubt whether many of those in Liverpool would have accepted such an ‘apology’ anyway, but the Sun had a massive opportunity to publicly admit it’s guilt, and it didn’t do so. It does apparently have an editorial piece inside, ‘apologising’ to the families of the victims, but it once agan appears to attempt to absolve itself of any real blame, by making this statement:

“The supporters were not to blame. But the police smeared them with a pack of lies which in 1989 the Sun and other media swallowed whole.”

‘The Scum’ seems like quite an apt moniker.

binners

The Times did issue a second edition front cover according to their twitter feed;

That actually manages to make it look worse. I think everyone can now officially give up the idea of the Times as anything other than a mouthpiece for Murdoch. Editorial independence? Yeah, right.

Just a bigger copy of the Sun

The “He said what? You’re ****ing shitting me, right?” prize goes to this utterly hypocritical lying scumbag though

Kelvin was ‘caught up in police conspiracy’, apaprently

PJM1974
    Free Member

I wouldn’t use The Sun to line my cats’ litter tray.

Meanwhile, The Sun’s Facebook page is being trolled to perfection.

outofbreath
    Free Member

I love the way it described Whatsapp as some kind of high-tec encryption device. Essentially true but utterly misleading….

jambalaya
    Free Member

Meanwhile, The Sun’s Facebook page is being trolled to perfection.

Long may that continue

@Klunk I am curious as to who on here thinks the Times is a quality independent paper ?

wwaswas

“We made a mistake but we’re not going to apologise for it”

DaRC_L

I am curious as to who on here thinks the Times is a quality independent paper ?

It stopped being that in 1981, the day that Murdoch bought it

PJM1974
    Free Member

It stopped being that in 1981, the day that Murdoch bought it

In 1981, I was seven and therefore more likely to read the Beano (Whizzer and Chips actually) than The Times, however I understand the sentiment and rue the day that Murdoch rocked up with his megalomania in his back pocket.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

The Daily Mail and Express didn’t lead with it either.

Are they owned by the Sun now?

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

On the other hand the “Status Handbags” ultimate guide was a ground breaking and informative read! Only bettered by a guide on how to most efficiently put on a quilt cover, a genuine article from way back I kid you not.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

It wasn’t their lead story but both The Daily Mail and The Express featured a Hillsborough headline prominently on their front pages. In contrast neither The Sun nor The Times even bothered to mention Hillsborough on their front pages.

And in their editorial today The Sun said :

The supporters were not to blame. But the police smeared them with a pack of lies which in 1989 The Sun and others in the media swallowed whole.

The suggestion is clear – that The Sun simply swallowed a pack of police lies, “like others in the media”.

This is a lie.

The Sun’s reporting of Hillsborough stood out from the rest of the media. They did not behave “like others in the media”.

That is precisely the reason why The Sun was so vilified following its reporting of Hillsborough.

27 years later and The Sun is still telling lies with regards to Hillsborough.

Cougar

To be fair, the Express probably had more current topics to run with, like the weather changing in Spring, or Princess Diana yet to recover.

CountZero

I wouldn’t use The Sun to line my cats’ litter tray.

I wouldn’t use it for bog paper; I like to feel cleaner after taking a dump.

Junkyard
    Free Member

27 years later and The Sun is still telling lies with regards to Hillsborough.

THIS

Still not willing to admit their culpability and still trying to deflect blame on to others.

chrissyharding
    Free Member

Don’t buy the Sun.
    vile rag, run by an organisation with strong links to people who I can only describe as evil.

igm

The Daily Mail led with an anti-Semitism story which is rich considering their history of support for Hitler – albeit a few years back now.

Vile rag – don’t buy it either.

crankboy
    Free Member

Thanks to PJM1974 I looked at the Suns Facebook page I feel tainted and a desire to slaughter my fellow man . interestingly their was a story that also tried to link a young girls death to the Drs strike . You could not find it in the sun article but a quick google showed her inquest was reported in June last year. The Sun lying for the Tory party then lying for the Tory party today.

rkk01
    Free Member

And now talk of re-examining Orgreave, on the basis of same force and same tactics…

Funny*, as teenager / student growing up in the 80s the refrain of Police State / Maggies Stormtroopers / Politicised Police Force were dismissed as the lunatic rantings of commies, anarchists and the generally anti-social 🙁

Listening to the angry rantings of the Pogues or Carter today, I still enjoy the energy & ferocious invective, but can’t help thinking – they weren’t exactly wrong were they???

* Well, not funny at all, really. Sad, ironic, disheartening

kilo

Listening to the angry rantings of the Pogues or Carter today, I still enjoy the energy & ferocious invective, but can’t help thinking – they weren’t exactly wrong were they???

Can’t recall much angry rantings from the pogues, men they couldn’t hang or the mekons maybe but not the pogues, and Carter were crap 😉

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘The Sun headline today…’ is closed to new replies.