Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 128 total)
  • The Suarez Evra thing rumbling on.
  • SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Evra stitched up Suarez yet again. The whole handshake thing – look at the video. Evra’s hand in infront of his belly button for all the other player – Suarez gets there and it’s lower and further to the side……

davidjones15
    Free Member

Only because people keep bringing it up. If people didn’t make such an issue of it, it would die away.

andy7t2
    Free Member

don’t like either of them.

not sure about Evra setting up Suarez, but not surprised he didn’t want to shake his hand after what happened.

Loved Evra’s early tackle on Suarez when he took out Rio

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Evra would have been off if that had connected, just like Ferdinand should have been.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Jesus wept yes Suarez wanted to shake his hands but the nasty Evra did not want to and it was all his fault.
    The nice South American fella from the loosing side tried his best to do the right thing but evra just would not..it was real shame as Suarez and liverpool have dealt with it well so far
    you can see it here to see suarez trying really hard to shake hands and evra just ignoring it – FFS SBZ we all have eyes
    and we can see the incident, the scoreline and the league standings 😉

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/16996567

trolling is one thing
    Supporting yout team is fine
    You would need to be tripping and/or have lost all sense of your faculties of reason to think that evra does the handshake thing rather than Suarez

loum
    Free Member

Evra’s assault on Ferdinand should have been a red.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

JY – I take it that you have only seen the one camera angle then?

And where does Evra’s hand go after he has shaken Jordan Henderson’s hand in the video that you have seen?

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

http://lockerz.com/s/182754888

Have a click on that JY – then tell me who is not wanting to shake hands.

voodoo_chile

Was ferdinand gonna shake suarez’s hand ….big no …..evra at the end out of order ,liverpool players should of knocked him out, hope they did in the tunnel

voodoo_chile

And the tackle on suarez by ferdinand with the elbow leading where he hurt himself should not be looked at retrospectively

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

aracer
    Free Member

Tango-Man
    Free Member

To be truthful there are people I know that I wouldn’t pee on if there were burning, so a non handshake isn’t that big an issue, although the FA stepped in when it looked like John Terry was going to get snubbed…mmmm

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gh2GklvY7eQ[/video]

higgo
    Free Member

I’m a United fan and I would say that Evra gave Suarez the opportunity to not shake his hand.

As for Rio, we’ll never know if he would have shaken Suarez’ hand is Suarez had shaken Evra’s. I think he would.

Bazz

**BREAKING NEWS** Premiership players behave like children shocker 🙄

andywoods
    Free Member

their all a bunch of overpaid headline grabbing players/actors..

loum
    Free Member

That’s not a troll….

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

To be fair on Rooney he did really well to keep out of it today – the nonsense that is, not the football.

Junkyard
    Free Member

What Suárez did was callous, premeditated and dimwitted to the point that, if Liverpool had any sense, they would have condemned it on the spot and at least salvaged a semblance of dignity. Instead, they reverted to their default setting whenever Suárez comes under scrutiny: this half-baked conspiracy that everyone is against them and that the only way to combat this is to go on the attack themselves. Outraged by everything, ashamed of nothing.

Perhaps we should be used to it by now but it was still shocking to see Dalglish, one of the giants of our game, eyeballing his interviewer and tell him that it was “bang out of order” to suggest that Suárez had done anything even remotely wrong.

At least Sir Alex Ferguson, so aggrieved he said Suárez should never be allowed to wear Liverpool’s colours again, could step out of his own anger to acknowledge that Patrice Evra should have resisted his post-match victory dance.

This was the moment when Dalglish should have taken a deep breath and admitted that, yes, it was wrong of Suárez, unhelpful and immature, and he would be pointing this out to his player. Instead, he played dumb. He had no idea what had happened in the fair-play handshake and, in the absence of a polygraph, Robert De Niro would have been proud of his dramatic pose.

Then he realised the questions were not going to end there and it was here the paranoia, the blind bias and pigheaded denials all merged into one.

At one point he switched the subject to blame Sky. “When we had the FA Cup tie, because there was no 24-hour news channel, nothing happened.” He cited the fact there were only two bookings in this game, ignoring that there were two separate flash points when police and fluorescent-jacketed security guards had to separate the players. Most pathetically of all, there were suggestions later on it was actually Evra who withdrew his hand. It was claptrap and, wisely, nobody from Anfield dared say it on the record.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2012/feb/11/liverpool-kenny-dalglish-luis-suarez

jimmy

**BREAKING NEWS** Premiership players behave like children shocker

Indeed. Can we all just play nicely and get back to counting our millions?

rudedog
    Free Member

Junkyard – Member
    What Suárez did was callous, premeditated and dimwitted to the point that, if Liverpool had any sense, they would have condemned it on the spot and at least salvaged a semblance of dignity. Instead, they reverted to their default setting whenever Suárez comes under scrutiny: this half-baked conspiracy that everyone is against them and that the only way to combat this is to go on the attack themselves. Outraged by everything, ashamed of nothing.
    Perhaps we should be used to it by now but it was still shocking to see Dalglish, one of the giants of our game, eyeballing his interviewer and tell him that it was “bang out of order” to suggest that Suárez had done anything even remotely wrong.

At least Sir Alex Ferguson, so aggrieved he said Suárez should never be allowed to wear Liverpool’s colours again, could step out of his own anger to acknowledge that Patrice Evra should have resisted his post-match victory dance.

This was the moment when Dalglish should have taken a deep breath and admitted that, yes, it was wrong of Suárez, unhelpful and immature, and he would be pointing this out to his player. Instead, he played dumb. He had no idea what had happened in the fair-play handshake and, in the absence of a polygraph, Robert De Niro would have been proud of his dramatic pose.

Then he realised the questions were not going to end there and it was here the paranoia, the blind bias and pigheaded denials all merged into one.

At one point he switched the subject to blame Sky. “When we had the FA Cup tie, because there was no 24-hour news channel, nothing happened.” He cited the fact there were only two bookings in this game, ignoring that there were two separate flash points when police and fluorescent-jacketed security guards had to separate the players. Most pathetically of all, there were suggestions later on it was actually Evra who withdrew his hand. It was claptrap and, wisely, nobody from Anfield dared say it on the record.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2012/feb/11/liverpool-kenny-dalglish-luis-suarez

Isn’t this the guy that wrote a book on Ferguson and admitted he pretty much hates Liverpool?

loum
    Free Member

Daniel Taylor is chief football writer for the Guardian and Observer. He was previously the Guardian’s man in Manchester He has written books on Manchester United and Nottingham Forest

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

There’s some good old unbiased reporting for you right there.

Junkyard
    Free Member

aye says the liverpool fayn- its a fair shout to to be fair I did not know his “bias”

Despite perceptions I dont read the Guardian as a rule.

voodoo_chile

Daniel taylor talking shite again..totally obvious and biased ,evra could of caused a riot at the end not suarez refusing a handshake …or ferdinand refusing a handshake too! …lets see what the FA have got to say about that ….they will be alright man utd have different rules than other clubs

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

If Suarez had been found guilty of a criminal act, like racism is, in a criminal court then I would be glad to see him kickd out of the club. However, this wasnt the case and he was convicted on the basis that the FA’s “independent” panel, one member of which is a close personal friend of Alex Ferguson, found Evra’s account of events more believable than Suarez’s version. Not a shred of evidence.

Looking forward to tonights MOTD to be fair.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Is Suarez admitting he said the word part of your “not a shred of evidence”?
    To quote

There’s some good old unbiased reporting for you right there

hoping Uncle Alan* is on MOTD tonight

*It is what Daglish’s kids call Hansen and he was stand in to give away Kennys daughter if he was delayed [ he was at a footie game with pool iirc]

warton
    Free Member

Not a shred of evidence

Apart from him admitting to using the word Negro when arguing with Evra!

I am flabbergasted by Liverpools fans, and kenny Dalglish’s refusal to condemn Saurez for his behavior. It’s disgusting. the booing of Evra a few weeks ago (along with Chelsea fans booing Rio Ferdinand last week, because Terry allegedly abused his brother) is taking football into the gutter. shame on any ‘fan’ who defends Saurez, you’re as bad as him.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Suarez admitted using the spanish word “negro” once. Evra accused him of calling him a “****” 10 times, which was proven to be a lie.

warton
    Free Member

Suarez admitted using the spanish word “negro” once

so, in an argument with Evra he made reference to Evras skin colour. so you agree he’s a racist?

DaddyPig
    Free Member

I’m struggling with this somewhat. Reading the evidence. Saurez said to Evra “I kicked you because you are black” and “I do not talk to blacks”. This all seems to have got lost somewhere. I find this more offensive than loose use of the word negro!!

voodoo_chile

Warton, not defending suarez if it happened more the different rules for man utd compared to the rest of the clubs…if i was suarez i wouldnt of shook his hand either

rudedog
    Free Member

Suarez may be guilty, he may not be – who knows? My issue was that he was found guilty by an FA appointed court who were prosecution, judge and jury all rolled in to one – is it any surprise these FA appointed panels have a 99.5% conviction rate? There was no corroborating evidence for either of Evra’s or Suarez’s story and it ultimately came down to who’s version seemed the most credible – not the ideal way to settle something of this magnitude.

warton
    Free Member

not defending suarez if it happened more the different rules for man utd compared to the rest of the clubs…if i was suarez i wouldnt of shook his hand either

I don’t really know what this post means…

warton
    Free Member

There was no corroborating evidence for either of Evra’s or Suarez’s story and it ultimately came down to who’s story seemed the most credible

Am I missing something? Suarez ADMITTED to calling Evra a negro in an argument.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

so, in an argument with Evra he made reference to Evras skin colour. so you agree he’s a racist?

I think it’s racist to not take cultural differences into account. Mentioning skin colour is not racist.

Warton – you are missing the bit where “negro” is a term of endearment. Saurez’s wife calls him negro.

rudedog
    Free Member

warton – Member
    Suarez admitted using the spanish word “negro” once

Suarez’s defence was that in his culture, the word “negro” has no racist connotations – to them it would be similar to us calling someone with fair hair ‘blondie’.

warton
    Free Member

I think it’s racist to not take cultural differences into account. Mentioning skin colour is not racist.

So in an argument, if I called a black man a black bastard, that is no different to calling him a bastard? And you believe that that is not racist?

Warton – you are missing the bit where “negro” is a term of endearment. Saurez’s wife calls him negro.

So in a heated argument, he uses a term of endearment, which is no way meant to insult the person he argues with?

Have a word with yourself man.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Is it racist to call a black man black? Your scenario could be taken either way depending on context.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 128 total)

The topic ‘The Suarez Evra thing rumbling on.’ is closed to new replies.