Viewing 40 posts - 1,241 through 1,280 (of 2,058 total)
  • The STW Ski & Snowboard thread. The 2015-2016 season
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

No, you’re thinking of chiselling the sardine.

D0NK

Knew I was pushing it with the dolphin turns stevo 🙂 pretty sure I don’t do dolphins, I definitely do catch an edge and go sprawling tho so I liked the sound of the rocker.

Garlands eh graham, if you say so 🙂

GrahamS

Garlands:

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2916hg4SE0[/video]

(I’m guessing you are probably past this stage) 😀

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Riksgränsen Planning on going in May for the Ingemar Backman King of the hill . 20 years since THE method

http://riksgransen.se/event/king-of-the-hill/

The instructor In that video has a Uninc Puppy. A modern classic

D0NK

Garlands:

Aye I googled it before replying, wasn’t on the first boarder dictionary I used tho. Yeah I’m just about passed that 🙂

Dunno what I do in boarder slang but the mtb equivalent would be trail centre mincing with the odd bit of floundering/getting lost on natural stuff. But I enjoy myself 🙂

GrahamS

Sounds like you do precisely what 95% of us one-week-a-year gapers do once we leave the bunny slopes then. 😀

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Dunno what I do in boarder slang but the mtb equivalent would be trail centre mincing with the odd bit of floundering/getting lost on natural stuff. But I enjoy myself

Aha, intermediate

igm

If you can find the bar on the piste, it’s advanced intermediate.

I’m not really taking this seriously am I? I’ll be losing merit points in a minute.

hammerite
    Free Member

Piemonster – I should be very jealous of a piste side beer photo. But I see you had to endure drinking out of a plastic pint pot, so I’m not at all jealous, honest.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Mate posted from Davos, lovely powder conditions on a blue bird day and he gets to call this work 😐

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Whistler’s getting hit by a pineapple express at the moment. Snowed about 12cm overnight consistently from the valley to mid station with another 50cm or so forecast to full between this morning and tomorrow. Only problem is the freezing level has shot up to around 1800m and the snow that fell was really heavy and wet. Great fun if you were hooking, not so great when the gradient was mellow. The alpine (1800m+) was all closed today due to winds and avalanche risk so we’ll see what tomorrow brings.

piemonster

@hammerite, tell me about it. And then there was the crowds at the pool/jacuzzi

hammerite
    Free Member

Looks horrible. You can tell there’s a complete lack of snow too, I mean just look at the windows!

At home with Jnr today as he is off sick. So far watched Super G from Kitzbuhel, now watching the half pipe from Laax. Beats Bargain Hunt.

Margin-Walker
    Free Member

That Backman air has the nostalgic juices flowing. Brings back memories. (Rushes off to watch Afterbang and Jussi’s sumptuous pre-kicker butters).

toby1

I’m flying tomorrow, I’M FLYING TOMORROW, I’M FLYING TOMORROW!!!!

Woohoo!!!!!

I’m excited, can you tell?

Beware Les Arcs, I’m a liability on skis.

hammerite
    Free Member

Biathlon now. Some banging Austrian après tracks being played, the crowd are having a party. Although the athletes are spraying around nearly as much snot as there is flying around this house.

piemonster

La Plagne today

piemonster

Anyway, off to Facebook to remind out friends heading home today over in La Plagne that we’re staying on for another week like a total smug ****

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Reported. BAN HIM!

🙂

Edukator
    Free Member

I won’t post a pic of the Pyrenees today. 8°C and pouring down, you’ll be getting the same air mass shortly.

I tried my shiny new torture instruments. Something of a disappointment; no worse than sticking pins under nails or blows with a toffee hammer.

And bought some waterproof mitts.

piemonster

Yep, looking warm all week.

Fortunately the pistes are in good enough shape to withstand a warm spell and they’ve been making lots of snow to top things up. Some of the lower runs will probably best avoided.

Weather today looks pleasant tbh.

piemonster

piemonster

piemonster

And beer in a glass

Awful day really

hammerite
    Free Member

Much better effort PM. Also a more interesting colour beer too. Although I can’t be critical on that front, I just ask for a beer and don’t worry about which type I end up with.

Rockape63
    Free Member

Sitting in Geneva airport reflecting on an amazing week at Corchevel. Finished off with a half day pass this morning and did 23 miles in just stunning conditions.

Was very lucky to get that week!

wallop

La Plagne next weekend. Hoping it doesn’t all melt before we get there.

piemonster

Much better effort PM. Also a more interesting colour beer too. Although I can’t be critical on that front, I just ask for a beer and don’t worry about which type I end up with.

It was a near perfect pint I’m happy to admit. Sat in the last of the day’s sun after cruising down from the top of the Varet lift and a damned nice beer at that.

Could only really be improved by the French smoking less 😛

piemonster

@Wallop

I was over at La Plagne Thursday and the pistes where in excellent condition, plenty of snow to withstand a warm spell. The runs down to the Vanoise Express are icy in places but nothing too bad.

I’ll post up some photos next time we head over. Not that it’ll make any difference of course.

wallop

Excellent – thanks! We are staying in Les Coches so will have to endure a bit of rain next week on the way home but I’m keeping optimistic 😆

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

6 sleeps. 🙂

(Great to hear how good a time everybody has had since all the snow fell!)

igm

So which googles fit the Anon then DD?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Ooooh yeah…picked them up yesterday. Narrowed it down to Oakleys v Smiths. Going to take some selfies in a bit and put them to the sword thread for opinions. Watch this space. 🙂

EDIT: when I say “narrowed down”, I just didn’t order the M2s as they all looked a but gopping. (Much as I liked the whole magnetic lens attachment geekery stuff.)

igm

Pictures of the “gap”?

Putting your choice to a STW vote?

wallop

Gaper time!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

#strangest

piemonster

Lovely sausage salad for lunch today. Perfect balance of cheese and meat.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Are we still talking about DD’s selfies?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

LOLlage you Feckers. 😀

EDIT: And those of you bandying about the term “gaper” would do well to have a read of definition #5 on urban dictionary. 😮 😡 😆

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

And those of you bandying about the term “gaper” would do well to have a read of definition #5 on urban dictionary.

Are we still talking about DD’s selfies?

Viewing 40 posts - 1,241 through 1,280 (of 2,058 total)

The topic ‘The STW Ski & Snowboard thread. The 2015-2016 season’ is closed to new replies.