Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 67 total)
  • The STW Singley Mingley Swinley Ride
  • dashed
    Free Member

So who’s in then? As per the other thread, no wierdos, desperadoes, perverts or sexual tyrannosauruses – just a fun ride around Swinley with a bunch of like minded folk.

Generally singles but couples looking for some “group activities” won’t be turned away (just for you 3dvgirl 😉 )

Any takes or just me on my own doing sweet jumps and big skids? 8)

Suggested dates:
    7th, 13th or 14th July

Now sits back to watch the cobwebs forming on this thread as it quickly falls off the bottom of the page 😆

missnotax
    Free Member

Hmmm. Given that i’m generally happy to go biking with internet randoms (no offence 😉 ) – what the hell, i’m in 🙂

As long as it’s Saturday 13th as that’s the only date I can make…

In case that date works for everyone / anyone, I would like to get my excuses in early though – the night before is my leaving do from work and, as i’ve worked there for 11 years, I suspect that it might get a little messy!

mrblobby
    Free Member

A bump for this. If I was free I’d be in, but I’m not, so I’m out. Should be a good ride. Was fun on the STW train last time out.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

I might have, as never been to Swinley and want to ride there. But I’m booked up with other rides/races/training on all those dates 🙁

onandon
    Free Member

I’m ashamed to say I only live 15 miles away and have never been to swinley.
    I’m in …..

soundninjauk

Count me in. Can’t do the 7th though.

dashed
    Free Member

Right, Sat 13th at 2pm then? Should give missnotax time to sleep off some of the excesses of the night before 😉

singletrackmind

I would , but I will still have my arm in a plastercast.
    Love the new Swinley its really rather good.

DezB
    Free Member

Not been to the new Swinley, I guess no guides will be needed these days… hmm, depends on house moving situation, but I might turn up. I’ll actually be a single on this one (although, far from “looking” I should add!)…

Here are some photos from the last one. That was about 6 years ago! Weather might be better for this one.

PS. How long for the healing Rob?

singletrackmind

OP was June 21 , So probably looking at 6 weeks in a plastercast , and then maybe another 2 weeks for some rehab so reality is late August.
    Got an hour on the turbo yesterday ,went ok .
    Got my Roubaix , rear wheel bearings ****, apart from that seems ok.
    Bought a set of Krysiums incase the Ultegra wheel is borked internally

missnotax
    Free Member

Right, Sat 13th at 2pm then? Should give missnotax time to sleep off some of the excesses of the night before

Perfect!!! 🙂

MrWoppit
    Free Member

OOH OOH, ME ME!

soundninjauk

Right, Sat 13th at 2pm then?

Top notch. Had a great time riding with the STW lot back at Swinley in November 🙂

maxtorque

Assuming i haven’t completely broken myself (or my french surrender monkey of a bicycle) in the Alps the previous week, then count me in for this (as i’ve been wanting to do the “new swinley” routes)

😉

natrix
    Free Member

If anybody can’t make this ride, they could try the BOB open day on 20 July, see the thread here: http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/berks-on-bikes-20th-anniversary-open-day

dashed
    Free Member

Just a quick bump in case anyone had missed this…

MrWoppit
    Free Member

So, it’s the 13th @ 2pm?

gary

Ooh, sounds tempting, a sociable start time and I’ve been meaning to check out the new stuff at Swinley. Hopefully should be able to make it.

16stonepig
    Free Member

You know, I might be up for this. I am at a Swear-along-with-South-Park screening the night before, so will probably not be in shape for my usual 10am.

I know the area well, so can put some off-piste stuff together if needed.

dashed
    Free Member

Yep – 13th July at 2pm 😉

theotherjonv

I’ll have to see if i can make this too. I’m not single (unless my wife of 13 years has something to tell me in the next week or so) so if i ride a single (or a singular) will that be allowed?

dashed
    Free Member

theotherjonv – Member
    I’m not single

You could easily sort this by telling your wife you’re going on a singles ride with some people you met through the internet 😯

tymbian
    Free Member

How will I recognise the STW massif?

missnotax
    Free Member

No idea actually…! Was kind of relying on a) someone recognising me (blonde girlie on battered Orange 5!) or b) asking random strangers if they are from SDW in a loud voice 🙂

dashed
    Free Member

You might have more luck asking for people from STW 😉

I’ll be on a white Santa Cruz and will be by the new trailhead – not the go ape end things, it now starts where the extension to the overflow car park used to be – if that makes sense… Basically head to the end of the overflow car park and you’ll find the start of the trails.

dashed
    Free Member

Oh, and if you’re asking random people if they are “dashed” you might get fewer weird looks if you ask if they are James 😉

missnotax
    Free Member

You might have more luck asking for people from STW

Doh! I’ve been talking about the South Downs Way a lot lately – I blame predictive text!!! 😉

I actually have no idea where the overflow car park is… Where do I go if I’m starting from the normal car park / lookout? Or do I just have to accost anyone on a white Santa Cruz?!!!!

missnotax
    Free Member

😆 😆

Sarah 🙂

dashed
    Free Member

there’s a long narrow overflow carpark that runs parallel to the main road – follow that to the opposite end from where you came in to the main lookout car park and you’ll find a big metal 5 bar gate – new trails start 30 yards from that. Basically head away from the entrance / coral world and you’ll find it.

Or ask someone where the new trails start – it’s pretty obvious once you get there 🙂

missnotax
    Free Member

Okey dokey – thanks 🙂

tymbian
    Free Member

I’ll be on a blue Bfe ..presuming hardtails are allowed.

DezB
    Free Member

Can’t make it now. Got DezBJr for the day and I don’t think he’s up to Swinley trails yet 🙁

singletrackmind

Debz . He would be absolutely fine on the blue , once he got into it.
    The Red , maybe not so much as its probably too long and steep for him just now.

Blue is easier than QECP red by a stretch.

Curry on one night soon?

Dickyboy

if I can drag one or more of my kids* out, I’ll be up for this

* they’ll the least stw looking gangly oiks

DezB
    Free Member

Missed that Rob – yeah, be good that.
    Chuck me an email and we’ll get it organised 🙂

frogstomp

Sounds like this is going to be a fairly relaxed trundle around so I may wander up to stretch my legs / social skills! Doing the Magnificat on Sunday though so don’t want to be overdoing it 😉

MrWoppit
    Free Member

So, where’s the meeting place?

missnotax
    Free Member

Sounds like this is going to be a fairly relaxed trundle around so I may wander up to stretch my legs / social skills! Doing the Magnificat on Sunday though so don’t want to be overdoing it

Me too 😯

Have entered the Epic but didn’t quite realise how far it was, so might go for a girlie wimp-out and ride the standard route instead… (which is still a flipping long way in my book!) 😆

MrWoppit
    Free Member

“Cycle Trail Discovery Centre” off the B3430?

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Bump

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 67 total)

The topic ‘The STW Singley Mingley Swinley Ride’ is closed to new replies.