Viewing 37 posts - 121 through 157 (of 157 total)
  • The STW Rivington Ride – 29th March – Roll Call
  • gingerflash

…and my GPS had it as 28.3 miles, but that’s always a little short. 29.5 miles would be about right I think.

lowey

Jeez, didnt think it would have been nigh on 30 miles, but there you go.

Legs are a little tight this morning though.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I’ve never been on a ride where the ratio of boys:girls was quite as high!!

I hate it when that happens 🙁

mrsflash
    Free Member

Doesn’t bother me at all, just these days it’s more unsual than it used to be when I first started.

Junkyard
    Free Member

yes my commute into work this morning was also interesting … this was the downhil way and felt ok but now I just want to go to sleep.

Was good riding with such a large group as well and Oh thanks to the rubbish Cafe staff for my free brew!!!!

toss
    Free Member

Cracking day out lads and lass…. Cheers Lowey.
    Great to meet everyone too. A BIG thanks to Mrs Flash for the energy gel after my cramp attack in roddlesworth – I’m sure that got me to the end. Thanks to all for waiting for me too, at that point! Great to meet Johnny & his boys and sample the delights of his mobile tea and cake shop!! Quality.

T

wors

It might be worth ringing nora batty in advance next time 😀

Junkyard
    Free Member

I only do the cakes other provide the tea but an excellent way to end any ride

MrSparkle

Or take a tip from the Darwen boys and have a nice pint in the Royal… 🙂

mrsflash
    Free Member

No worries. Those tables I was talking about are called Zimm, or there are another brand I think called nuun (or something similar). They are very good for cramp.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

‘tables’ == tablets ?

Vortexracing

any chance of pointing out where I can get hold of some of those Zimm tablets from MrsF?

The cramps got me as well whilst trying to climb that steep short bit just after the reservoir.

lowey

My one regret of the whole ride was not being close enough to laugh heartily at Toss getting cramp.

wors

I thought he’d been shot at first, noise he was making! 😆

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

where I can get hold of some of those Zimm tablets from MrsF?

Ask any snake oil salesman

lowey

He is renowned for it Jase…

I remember one Epic on the dales we did, towards the end he got it in both legs. I think the whole of Settle heard him screaming and we were in Feizor!

mrsflash
    Free Member

They sell them in quite a few bike shops, they’re in a green tube.

gingerflash

Ignore Barnes on this one. ZYM and Nuun are fantastic for cramp.

The mobile cafe was indeed great. Impressive organisation.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Ignore Barnes on this one. ZYM and Nuun are fantastic for cramp

or indeed dancing naked under the full moon…
    it does lead me to wonder how the species lasted this long without access to expensive supplements

Gee76
    Free Member

Cheers for the ride yesterday, really enjoyed it and legs aren’t too bad today. Good work on the cakes n tea also very impressed with the slick setup. I’ll look fwd to the next one especially if you guys have got such command over the weather.

I agree with Vortex too, “that steep short bit just after the reservoir” upto the house where we met at the start was a killer for cramp first thing in the morning heh!!!.

Gingerflash – like me pic in black n white ya took too, thought you missed me!!!. Glad ya missed the bit straight after where I wobbled into a tree too heh :o)

Vortexracing

Cheers for the pointer.

CRC order about to be put in.

A single Zym tablet provides optimal hydration absorption to those who crave it the most: athletes that perform at their highest levels.

that’ll be me then 🙂

mrsflash
    Free Member

aha, that’ll be why I couldn’t find anything under Zimm when I googled then!

footstomper
    Free Member

If the Zym don’t work then maybe he can add er on the end of zimm and get him self a frame 😀

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

A single Zym tablet provides optimal hydration absorption to those who crave it the most: athletes that perform at their highest levels

sounds like ‘blar-blar-blather-blar-blah’. Your stomach is already optimised to absorb water after millions of years of evolution (or a single act of creation) and hardly needs further chemical assistance. If you believe otherwise you are a credulous mark begging to be duped 🙁

mrsflash
    Free Member

simon, in the nicest possible way, just shut up for once.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

n the nicest possible way, just shut up for once.

just as nicely, I cannot, it’s how I’m made :o)

gingerflash

SFB – that’s some very unpleasant arrogance you’ve got there.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

that’s some very unpleasant arrogance you’ve got there

but you already knew that! It’s a cross I have to bear. I’d rather be arrogant than credulous 🙂

footstomper
    Free Member

(SFB – that’s some very unpleasant arrogance you’ve got there)

He’s probably pissed off at missing a great ride and someone else putting superb Pics on this forum 😛

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

He’s probably pissed off at missing a great ride

I’m not pissed off at all. I had a fantastic ride in what I’m told is called “The Peak” and will doubtless post a few pics in due time :o)

I just object to the idea that our bodies need anything other than air, water and food to function correctly

Vortexracing

Thanks for your concern Simon.

I’ll try it anyway and wait to be duped.:wink:
    and if that’s the worst thing I become in life I’ll consider it a success.

ton

we all get duped somewhere along the way in life, be it expensive bike, expensive scientificaly proven sports food, or obscenly expensive cameras and all the boolax that goes with them.
    life is such….. 😆

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

obscenly expensive cameras

I must be a credulous numpty as I’m happy with my purchase :o)

ton

like i said, life is such….
    one mans thingy is another mans thingy…….. 😀

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

one mans thingy

Oi! Hands of my “thingy” !!

izakimak
    Free Member

Mrs flash is Mr flash going to put his piccy’s up?

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Mrs flash is Mr flash going to put his piccy’s up?

he already did 🙂

Viewing 37 posts - 121 through 157 (of 157 total)

The topic ‘The STW Rivington Ride – 29th March – Roll Call’ is closed to new replies.