Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 157 total)
  • The STW Rivington Ride – 29th March – Roll Call
  • wors

trio25, i’ll be setting off 8.30 ish going up through horrocks fold.

chico
    Free Member

did your route today as cant make sunday rides yet. awsom loop thanks for map. will do this as my local loop now. took us 4 and half hours as kept having to check map. its very muddy up past old mans hill and great hill is un rideable as very boggy, once at top though its ok. also winter hill mast is shut off for builing work you have to skirt around it and again its boggy. cheers again have a good ride tomorrow

lowey

Glad you liked it Chico.

Give me a shout if you want some others.

trio25
    Free Member

I am still hoping to make this but the OH is now ill so if the MIL needs entertaining it is down to me. If I’m not there don’t wait.

hora
    Free Member

Has anyone got a spare core remover (for inner tube valve) that I could buy tomorrow?

Junkyard
    Free Member

yes ..£3 .. it is genuine Halfords Quality… you can borrow it and post back if you prefer …will bring it along.

Vortexracing

Just checked the weather and it looks spot on

10 deg, light wind and SUNNY

🙂

Junkyard
    Free Member

I HAVE CAKES
    See you all there

trio25
    Free Member

Hope you had a great day. It looks lovely out there. I’ve been stuck in all day!

hora
    Free Member

We didnt see owt of the. I was over the limit this morning to drive so rode round rivi at 12 instead with binners. Cracking day!

xherbivorex
    Free Member

balls.
    i messed up and chickened out, but hora i’d have come with you blokes if i’d known you were going later…

Vortexracing

It was a great ride. Weather could not have been better

I am now officially bolloxed, legs won’t move and I just want to sleep.

cheers Lowey

lowey

Your more than welcome Dave.

Fantastic day out. Thanks to all who turned up for making it a cracking social ride out. Nice to meet some new faces as well as some old acquaintances. The weather just could not have been better. My face has even caught the sun. Hope you all enjoyed the route, was good fun showing you guys our back yard.

Pics I took are here.

Looking forward to the next one.

Lootenant
    Free Member

Despite having to ‘abandon’ at Darwen Tower when my legs gave up the ghost it was an excellent day. And there was no way I’d have made Great Hill, it took me long enough back to Rivi through Belmont on the road. A shame, it gives me something to aim for though….fitness!

Thanks Lowey..

lowey

Ahhh thank god you got back ok Andy… Theres always next time mate.

Junkyard
    Free Member

super ride super weather super company No Hora super (only kidding Mark would have been good to see you again) as tired as Dave …realised about 1 mile from Home I have to commute tomorrow not looking fwd to it

ROll on the next one

MrSparkle

On behalf of the Darwen Massive can I say thanks Dave. It went very well and there was some good company there – what a shame I can’t remember everybodies names! The Voodoo seemed to manage its shakedown run ok…
    Nice work with the pics too!
    Regards to all from Mr Sparkle.

http://www.dave-lowe.fotopic.net/p57187350.html

fatblokeattheback
    Free Member

Just to say thanks for a good day out, well worth the drive over!

Cheers Jez

izakimak
    Free Member

cheer’s lowey. Quality day out gonna be tough to beat 28 riders next time!

yoshimi

Really enjoyed today, great to be out riding with so many on a gorgeous day. Can’t remember all if your names but look forward to riding with you again.
    Cheers lowey:)

My legs are officially dead

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Dave, taking 28 riders on cheeky trails in broad daylight on a Sunday ? I hope someone hasn’t been corrupting you ?

Are the pics in time sequence ? Seems to me I noticed some out-of-sequence jumps. Also is that an IP on the overlay, and doesn’t a copyright declaration require a year of publication ?

I would have liked to have come, but couldn’t resist Jacob’s Ladder :o)

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Maybe next time we should wear labels with our names on.

Great to meet you all, whoever you were.

Andy, nice ride, could have been a tad shorter though. I only just made it up the stairs to the shower!

Can’t wait to see more photos.

(Summer Season Inbred rider)

gingerflash

Cheers Dave – a top day out.

Nice to meet everyone too.

wors

really enjoyed it today nice to meet everyone, although can’t remember who half of you are now.

And Dave, why you take a picture of me bending over??

Gary_C

Dave, taking 28 riders on cheeky trails in broad daylight on a Sunday ?

Rearrange these 3 words:
    Black
    Kettle
    Pot

gingerflash

I think that was his tongue-in-cheek point. 🙂

lowey

Dave, taking 28 riders on cheeky trails in broad daylight on a Sunday

Shoot me!

zokes
    Free Member

Gary_C – Member

Dave, taking 28 riders on cheeky trails in broad daylight on a Sunday ?

Rearrange these 3 words:
    Black
    Kettle
    Pot

Don’t feed him, he’ll go away when he works out there’s no food…

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I think that was his tongue-in-cheek point.

indeed, and rather obvious too 🙂

FYI I led Dave on an overlapping route about 5 years ago 🙂 Though I don’t think I would ever attempt the east face of Great Hill as a climb 🙁

Gary_C

I think that was his tongue-in-cheek point.

I know it was…. 😉

And having ridden with Simon & the Boggies,& having rode on the trail in question up to the mast with another group of riders,i’ve no room to complain.
    In fact i’ll rearrange those words for myself!! 😆
    Was up ar Rivi this morning with another (small) group & saw you guys.

Kit
    Free Member

I miss riding round there 🙁

zokes
    Free Member

+1 Kit, +1!

That said, I now have Snowdonia as my playground, so not all bad….

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I miss riding round there

what, even the time there were just 3 of us and it was pissing down ? I still watch your video of Dive shoulder planting off that little drop 🙂

D0NK

Great ride, thanks Lowey, nice to meet everyone, was strange riding in such a massive group. Lowey and Gingerflash managed to get lots of shots of my back 🙂

Apologies to deejay for taking him on a detour after going in the wrong way on great hill (doh)

Did anyone with a computer get a mileage for the ride?

Vortexracing

My computer showed 28 miles, but the bit from the cafe to the start of the climb to Darwen tower was missing (it switched itself off) so i rekon 29 miles or so.

longest ride i’ve done and I can certainly feel it today.

Very enjoyable

D0NK

29miles? bloody hell!

lowey

If anyone had a GPS, I’d be pretty interested in length and ascent, as Tracklogs had it as 25.6 miles and 3900 ft ascent but memory map put it at 28 miles.

wors

ride into work was interesting this morning 🙁

yoshimi

I’ve got the GPX file, but it finishes at my house 🙂 – I’ll email it you later lowey

mrsflash
    Free Member

My computer shows 30.5 but I had a mile to the toilet at the lower barn and back at the start 🙂

Was a good day out, thanks all. I’ve never been on a ride where the ratio of boys:girls was quite as high!!

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 157 total)

The topic ‘The STW Rivington Ride – 29th March – Roll Call’ is closed to new replies.