Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 94 total)
  • The STW Circle of Trust
  • markd
    Free Member

Thoght it may be worth starting a positive thread re the classifieds and who is good – lets try not to make this a ‘who is bad’ thread.

If you have had positive dealings with another member then please add their name and a brief comment abouth the transaction of you desire.

Mods – if this is silly/annoying then please delete.

Please please do not let this degenerate into a witch hunt.

chakaping
    Free Member

Please please do not let this degenerate into a witch hunt.

Or an acid house rave.

Sorry, couldn’t resist.

will
    Free Member

Ton – Very fast delivery of goods, securely packaged. Great service 🙂

Dealt with many others recently, all of whom have been great, just can’t remember their login names 🙄

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    markd
    Free Member

Joe Bickley – super fast payer and straight forward no nonsense buyer. Good comms and easy to deal with.

mangoridebike

martin (fennerhorne)

good communication and the most impressive packaging I have seen 🙂

grumm
    Free Member

I can’t remember any usernames but everyone I have dealt with has been great.

Daffy

V10
    Lard Lover
    Ton
    Sheppie Hill
    Will1
    James Garbett
    Jonjones13
    Berni
    pk ripper
    Blazin Saddles

M Wallet – who could be “clubber”

Murray Mckenna
    Philip Bibby
    Steven Rogers

To name but a few…

firestarter
    Free Member

bought and sold loads on here far too many to name them all but not had a problem

thepodge
    Free Member

I’ve never sold owt but would like to join the cool list.

kinda smacks of elitism a bit don’t you think?

grumm
    Free Member

I’ve never sold owt but would like to join the cool list.

Eh?

richc
    Free Member

Danny Ward – can’t remember his login name, very fast to post and great communications

dawson

this IS STW after all!

MrAgreeable

AndyWhit.
    A guy called Brendan Keane (not sure of his new login on here).

vinnyeh

This isn’t really very helpful, is it. At the moment there’s over 400 pages of classifieds dating back to the start of the year- and what, two outstanding sets of outstanding complaints, if you discount Hora’s missing envelope?

So, what does poster A saying that they got stuff off of poster B in a timely fashion add to the situation- people tend to complain publicly if stuff doesn’t turn up eventually.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Oh, I’ve delt with loads of people. Sales and purchases. Can’t remember most of the names though…..

Iainc – Bought a frame for £100-ish. All good!
    SomaRich – X7 mech still going strong. All good!

Coyote
    Free Member

Not sure of names but I’ve never had less than good experiences on the Classifieds. It would be a real shame to allow the chancers to spoil it.

Rather than a rating system why don’t we have a “Thread of Shame” where bad buyers / sellers can be listed. If the claims are unfounded then the mods could delete the entry. I can’t see there being too many people on there. Most folks experiences seem to be positive.

scaredypants

I thought the stw owners were looking into some sort of feedback system anyway – or did I imagine it ??

StuF

valley – good comms and quick postage – set of Hope/Mavic wheels.
    + several off the old forum

peachos
    Free Member

would it not be better to name and shame the baddies among us? i think most are honest folk so this thread could go on forever and if it’s going to be useable i wouldn’t want to have to trawl through pages and pages of users to see if the seller is good or not. a list of undesirables.

whytetrash

That IWH fella seems nice….and Lee Anderson…apparently when you buy stuff off him he tells you all his problems too…like ebay with therapy thrown in for free!

Hides under desk…..

Eggbox
    Free Member

A classifieds points system is needed….where you don’t get the points as a seller if you don’t donate a certain percentage of the sale. But a pain to administer 😥

RudeBoy
    Free Member

I’ve bought a few bits, and the experience has generally been good.

TimDrayton; bought a frame off him; it came with extra bits I din’t even think were included in the price! Superb service, and seems like a top bloke.

Coolhandluke11 gave me a mobile ‘phone for nowt, after mine got stolen from me. Very kind. I stuck a few quid into a guide dogs charity box for that one.

Firestarter; bought a shock pump off him. Even though he’s a Bulb-End, he seems like a top bloke too!

There have been a few others, whose forum names I can’t remember. People have been patient, when payment has been a bit delayed, have wrapped stuff up really well, and overall, I’ve had some real bargains.

I think the negative experiences are always going to shouted about more than the positive, I mean, someone’s harldy likely to start a 800-post thread with ‘OMG I bought this X off X, and it’s fantastic!’, are they?

s8tannorm
    Free Member

Bought and sold quite a few bits over the years and never had a problem either way. I’ve had quite a few people send stuff out before they’ve had payment or before it’s cleared … which is nice.

If we’re working on trust then a points or feedback system isn’t required. STW seems one of the few places left where people are still happy to trust each other and long may it continue. Someone is bound to get stung sooner or later but considering how much stuff moves about I think we do very well.

terrahawk
    Free Member

definately NOT “endurochaz” AKA Charles Newton-Mason, of Torq team “fame”.
    He still owes me a tenner after sending me some wheels in a bin bag after fannying around for 6 weeks (I rang him with my best gangsta voice in the end).

I’ll requesting said tenner when I see him at MM…
    Bah. Mutter. Grumble.

terrahawk
    Free Member

ton sent me a pair of glasses for nowt once.

I sent him a lovely thankyou card 😉

Buying stuff off Jo Burt is always a nice experience. He sends cards and love 😉

firestarter
    Free Member

aw bless mr rude swoon swoon 😉

takisawa2

I’ve bought/sold loads over the last couple of years.
    No problems.
    Dont think I’ve caused anyone any headaches.
    I sent some discs to the wrong person once. 🙁

STOP PRESS…
    sheldona included some choc eclairs (sweets…not cakes) in with some Hone cranks I once bought, that was a nice surprise.

Mark

We’ve had thoughts along the lines of a positive feedback thread ourselves.. make it sticky in the clasifieds and allow people to include a reference to their positive feedback in their ads.. But we reckon we have a slightly more polished and technical solution that we are working on right now. Standby for more news soon.

Cheers
    Mark

takisawa2

more polished and technical solution

[run: //backup-now//] 😕

DezB
    Free Member

Anyone who’s bought from me has had a nothing but positive experience. Including those who got FREE stuff, eh PP 🙂

I’ve never had a bad experience buying off or selling on stw, most recently

Fennerhorn
    barca
    MrKipling

and Batfastard who sold me a lovely Handjob and disappeared without trace…

terrahawk
    Free Member

Standby for more news soon.

we all know what “soon” means!

richpips
    Free Member

I’ve bought loads of bits over the years and never had any problems.

The number of scammers I can recall on STW is in single figures. A very small percentage of the number who sell stuff on here.

Pook

a couple of guys on here have helped me out in the past – one with some vee brake bosses (can’t remember who but he said they were free but i sent a big bag of twixes) and someone else who sent a disc rotor i think. All good guys generally.

robbo1234biking

Anyone who’s bought from me has had a nothing but positive experience. Including those who got FREE stuff, eh PP

DezB sent me a free tyre as well which I was very grateful for!

DezB
    Free Member

Did I? Gosh I’m nice!

SaxonRider

tomzo sold me a Nikon digital camera which has been all it was cracked up to be. His communication was excellent, as was his shipping. I would buy from him again with no hesitation.

clubber
    Free Member

Over the last five years or so, I’ve had two quite slow deliveries (say 3 weeks) but other than that (that must number 100+ transactions), everyone has been great and I’ve yet to receive something that didn’t match the description.

NWAlpsJeyerakaBoz
    Free Member

Bought some forks off ‘Househusband’ recently, well packaged and a pack of Haribo’s included 🙂

Also was given some cable liner for free by a chap up in the Lakes, who i forget his name!

Ive bought/sold/gave away various bits over the years on here, as of yet no problems.

tinsy
    Free Member

no problems here… been a few more but cant recall them all.

I generally deal with those that post on the forum a bit, there does seem to be a few people who just trade bits in the classifeds without posting on anything, they make me a little more nervous to deal with.

standouts are:-

sethenslow666
    luke webber (broke my own rule here but parts all A OK…)
    Vortexracing

duckman

Scottchegg who sent me a fox travel adjuster free! Good onyer fella!

Hugo Rune who just sold me a pair of hope hoops, nice bloke to chat to as well.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 94 total)

The topic ‘The STW Circle of Trust’ is closed to new replies.