Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)
  • The stuff people moan about
  • Harry_the_Spider

Looking through he “Visitor’s Book” in our excellent holiday cottage I am amazed at the things people choose to moan about in writing to the owner.

No casserole lid.
    No free issue foil or cling film.
    Couldn’t work out how to use the oven.

and my favourite…

No gravy boat.

I don’t like the guy in the adjacent parking bay’s Range Rover. I shall have a whinge about it at the end of the holiday.

RustySpanner

No gravy boat?
    The humanity!

Are you doing missionary work down south?

footflaps

people

That’s where you went wrong, expecting ‘people’ to be reasonable / nice…

iolo
    Free Member

I get the no casserole lid though.

JEngledow
    Free Member

I am amazed at people going on the internet and complaining about what other people choose to moan about in a “Visitor’s Book” while on holiday 😉

seavers
    Free Member

If they don’t have one of those tools for drizzling honey on toast or wife…give em hell.

Harry_the_Spider

I am amazed at people going on the internet and complaining about what other people choose to moan about in a “Visitor’s Book” while on holiday

Sat in the kitchen with the patio door open and a massive glass of red whilst the wife and kids watch Finding Nemo (again) in the other room. It is my 10 minutes off and I choose to spend it with you.

Also. I have found the free issue foil. They could have made a casserole lid from that.

twoniner
    Free Member

This could be the start of a good thread! 😀

jekkyl

I too am in a holiday house while wife & child watch alice in wonderland, I’m drinking lager though. Been on the beach today, near St Austell, beautiful, will have to come here again. This side of Cornwall is much nicer than the Newquay side. There’s no moaning in the book here but there’s no food processor, Bahhhh.

JEngledow
    Free Member

It is my 10 minutes off and I choose to spend it with you.

Awwww I feel so special 😀

footflaps

It is my 10 minutes off and I choose to spend it with you.

I’d prefer it if you had clothes on though…

RichPenny
    Free Member

Don’t listen to him 😡

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

The only time I’ve ever written in a guest book, I put, “Your oak floors are shite.”

edlong
    Free Member

Seen one where they moaned that they didn’t get the sea views as advertised.

Due to fog…

scotroutes

DD – did you sign it “Professional Flooring Engineer”?

seavers
    Free Member

“Your oak floors are shite.”

I really hope you didn’t expand on that comment when you wrote in the book.

I also hope their floors were Pine or Walnut.

Edit…just for comedy value rather than your wood identification skills.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

DD – did you sign it “Professional Flooring Engineer”?

I signed it “Whingey Arsehole”, but on reflection, yours would have been better. 🙂

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Edit…just for comedy value rather than your wood identification skills.

Well, of course… 😮

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Sitting at the Gourmet Pizza Co on the South Bank, just along from the national in fab sunshine eating nice food with a view to die for and the two old bats next to me have moaned about everything!

I could ask them if they have stayed in a sub standard holiday cottage recently?

rogerthecat
    Free Member

The penne went back because it wasn’t linguini now it’s the wrong kind of linguini FFS! Awesome entertainment.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

The national pastime of ‘moaning about the weather’ does my head in….

seavers
    Free Member

I could ask them if they have stayed in a sub standard holiday cottage recently?

Please do!

Edukator
    Free Member

When I worked for a holiday company in Royan then St Tropez I came to the conclusion that most clients led imperfect lives in tatty houses in dreary places doing average jobs very averagely then when they turned up on holiday they expected everything to be perfect.

cynic-al
    Free Member

TBF a casserole with no lid just looks like a cheapo/lazy cast off.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Seems they own one but some cyclists keep nicking casserole lids and gravy boats.

They just replied to he waiters enquiry with “The meal was lovelly thanks”. Bloody cowards.

cynic-al
    Free Member

See what I did there?

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

We stayed in a lovely little cottage on Islay in July which was on farmland in the middle of nowhere & some silly sod had complained about farm animals in the garden.
    Reading the comments on that comment was funny!

avdave2

We’ve just come back from a very nice week in a cottage in Brittany. My wife is complaining that she has put on 3 pounds. I seem to have lost 2 so we still have 1 unaccounted for.

I also have the very annoying habit of losing weight at Christmas. 🙂

Harry_the_Spider

We’ve just come back from a very nice week in a cottage in Brittany. My wife is complaining that she has put on 3 pounds. I seem to have lost 2 so we still have 1 unaccounted for.

So you have stolen approximately 450g of France?

footflaps

Just as well they allow free trade within the EU, otherwise they could demand you returned it.

seavers
    Free Member

No…no that’s not right. Surly this is down to the poo factor.

zippykona

Ooh I’m still livid about this one…
    Last Poppy Day I had a lady return hers as the little black plastic bit in the middle fell off.
    I could have throttled her and legally got away with it.

mattmbk
    Free Member

I recently stayed in the most incredible hotel I have ever been to and noticed that a previous guest had complained that the street outside was too noisy.
    The hotel was on 5th Avenue in New York.
    Not sure what they expected.

scotroutes

I stayed in the Bridge or Orchy Hotel few months back and noticed a similar complaint on TripAdvisor – that the hotel was too close to a noisy highway. 🙄

I did get a nice photo in the evening though

Bridge of Orchy by ScotRoutes, on Flickr

stevomcd
    Free Member

Once had someone complain that their room was cold. On offering to turn the heating up for them, they advised that they had turned it off as they “didn’t like heating bedrooms”.

In a ski chalet. In January. It was -25°C overnight.

Sometimes you just have to smile and offer a hot-water bottle.

Cougar

Had a bad meal with workmates at a local pub one lunchtime. My colleague fed this back by writing “SHIT” in foot-high letters across the table, using chips (with a ketchup full stop).

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

On Tripadvisor someone had complained that they couldn’t get a cup of tea at 10pm on a Saturday night at the Torridon Inn. They’d called in ‘on spec’ during a full on Jockanese wedding reception!

Who TF wants a cup of tea at 10pm on a Saturday night with someone else’s wedding in full swing, apart from your Granny?

paulosoxo
    Free Member

We were reading the guestbook in a hotel in Paris, where some budding author had written a line about the hotel being the ‘perfect place to finish their first novel’ to which my wife commented underneath that she had just finished her paperback on the eurostar, and maybe the hotel should consider some kind of book exchange in the near future.

Oh how we laughed.

stevenieve
    Free Member

Had a bad meal with workmates at a local pub one lunchtime. My colleague fed this back by writing “SHIT” in foot-high letters across the table, using chips (with a ketchup full stop).

Your colleague’s been at it again Cougar.

avdave2

Most of what I’ve brought back is measured in cl’s rather than g’s. 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘The stuff people moan about’ is closed to new replies.