Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • The "Stuck at work in the Christmas NY gap" thread…
  • BillOddie

At work, very little to do as the vast majority of people are off, blue skies outside, would much rather be out riding my bike.

🙁

On other hand I have just seen an email telling me I have a £70 bonus (vouchers not cash)!

isitafox
    Free Member

I’m on 12’s all this week except for Thursday though won’t be able to have a drink that night as I’ll be up again at half 5!
    Still, next months pay packet will be stuffed thanks to me doing Boxing Day, yesterday and New Years on Friday!

shermer75
    Free Member

Chrimbo limbo. I’m not at work but I do have an essay to (not) do…

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I’m in for 2 1/2 days, no one else in the office and I have a pile of work to do (shouldn’t be on here!). Good thing is no distractions, phone doesn’t ring either.

I don’t mind being at work in between, I’d rather carry over the holidays ’til next year and some better weather.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

I’m in.

Seemingly not very many other people are in.

There really is bugger all going on.

kinda666
    Free Member

I’m on 12’s all this week except for Thursday though won’t be able to have a drink that night as I’ll be up again at half 5!
    Still, next months pay packet will be stuffed thanks to me doing Boxing Day, yesterday and New Years on Friday!

You should be a relief signalman.. 😀

Pigface
    Free Member

I am in and so are loads of people which is a surprise. Was hoping for a quiet day. Glad I am not up North as they must be insanely busy.

scaled
    Free Member

I’ve just been for breakfast at ‘spoons

isitafox
    Free Member
    tomhoward

Nothing doing here either. I figure if I’m going to sit around and do sod all, I may as well be paid for it.

dknwhy

Pretty slow and quiet here. Looking out the window, all I see is rain so i’d only be sat indoors winding up the wife for nothing obvious.
    I’d sooner save the leave and take a trip somewhere warm…

trail_rat
    Free Member

drove up from my parents this morning straight to the office- only about 60 miles……

i know folk that commute that everyday through choice…. holy crap i would be up the wall with that shit.

in other news so far today ive succeeded in buying a new computer for the house after putting our old desktop out its misery (built circa 2002 when i was at uni) and a new tent for this years planned touring – wild country hoolie 2 ETC

our vaude taurus is A . too small and B . has a floor of many perforations and not a nice place to spend a wet night in now – tbh its not a nice place to spend a windy night in now either as both poles have many repairs….. its possibly older than the computer and seen as much use i reckon.

Mister-P
    Free Member

The weather in Milton Keynes is perfect for riding. But I am stuck at my desk looking out at it 😥

BillOddie

Currently attempting to find a reasonably priced packable roadie waterproof and trying to make a decision about the new gravel/adventure/gnaroad bike I’m going to order in the new year.

kinda666
    Free Member

Wish I had a window to look out of, I have a nice 20odd ft mural of the Lickeys to the left of me, and to the right i’ve got Ironbridge.. Good news is I finish in an hour and its sunny outside.

locomotive

I’m also in work wondering if anyone would really care if I wasn’t. They might notice, but surely they’d just assume I was on holiday like everyone else… wouldn’t they?

Going to test this by spending all morning online looking for new jacket/forks/miscellaneous component

pondo

Handful of us in the office, loads to do and it being quiet, it’s easy to plough on through.

Except when browsing t’internet after getting a brew on…

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Earlier I watched MOTD (the Spurs go marching on), have sorted my training plan for the coming year’s “Good for Age” marathon time attempt… and now there’s old Only Fools n Horses on tele… I’ll hang around for the New York open (14:30) then have it on my Bromleys

Off tomorrow but back in on New Years Eve until 21:00 🙁 …. But as I will be literally the only one here … I plan on having a few at the desk 😀

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I had a few things to do so I went down to the office, had some lunch popped out to take a look at the boats coming in, then bit more stuffing around then off to the food & drink festival… honest 1.5hrs added to the timesheet today

ThePinkster

I’m in and quite enjoying it as there’s 2 of us in, not much work to do for a change and the holiday I would have used up can be saved for when things are busy for the rest of the team. 😀

richmtb

In the office at the mo.

Will be in for the next three days.

Not much doing did a couple of bits and pieces this morning. Have got one thing to do and I’m saving it for tomorrow!

Would have cycled this morning but I’m going to see Star Wars after work (yay!) so needed the car.

Its going to be a long three days!

hjghg5
    Free Member

In work today, tomorrow and Thursday. They sent round a list of who was meant to be working, meaning it will be more obvious if I skive off. Also, two of my support staff are here and they know I’m meant to be here too.

Couldn’t even ride in this morning as both the bike parking and the two places I could shower (office showers and the gym across the road) are both inaccessible due to flooding. Sadly the office is on the 2nd floor and the issue in this building is only in the basement so we have no excuse to go home.

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

“working” from home here as The Rules say 50% of us have to be available.

No-one’s around for meetings and we can’t do any real work as everything is under a service protection type blah stuff blah. What’s worse is that I can’t even access STW from my laptop.

Anyone got any good jokes?

SprocketJockey
    Free Member

In today, off for rest of week (off to a family wedding tomorrow).

Our office is quite busy – we are a holiday company so this is the start of our busiest period for bookings.

Weather and family committments have completely banjaxed any attempts at getting out on the bike over Christmas – Sod’s law that today is the first day of decent weather for a while. Am gazing longingly out of the window at Dartmoor and wishing I could get out for a play.

I would have taken today off as leave but needed to save some holiday and am on call for my secondary job with the fire service today anyway so couldn’t venture too far.

Hoping I can get out for a ride over the weekend.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Yep I’m in, as are most folk on our floor. Got enough to do to keep me going for the next two days and I’d rather be in this week and take the holidays at another time. I do need to get on with it though.

On a brighter note riding to work has been great this week as there’s no traffic about. I was pretty much the only thing on the road coming over the moor yesterday.

rOcKeTdOg

In here, restaurant is shut, only me so can’t leave & go to greggs & finger is hovering on the buy button for a road bike 😯

rOcKeTdOg

I have a nice 20odd ft mural of the Lickeys

I had a live view with a sunrise this morning

tomhoward

So, how much have these days cost you? I don’t mean in days away from loved ones and other gushy stuff like that. I mean how much have you spent on stuff you don’t need because you’ve been idly internet shopping while bored at work?

lemonysam
    Free Member

I’m in work. I’ve little to do. I’ve been told I can knock off early if it’s quiet. I’m not sure what constitutes taking the piss.

IdleJon

I was in work for the last three days. Amazing how many people think that immediately after Xmas is the ideal time to sort out car insurance. It was non-stop. Even at 10am on Bank Hol Monday there were calls coming through.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

I’m in work with plenty to do. Fortunately the lack of email and phone interruption is allowing me to tick some of it off.

STW is providing the company and occasional distraction 🙂

somouk
    Free Member

I’m in work, all be it from home and on the testing team at the moment. With no developers in to fix what’s been tested and reactivated there isn’t a lot to do!

I’ve turned my hand to troubleshooting some of the issues so when the devs do get in they should just be able to review the changes and put things right quickly.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Less than an hour to go…

hjghg5
    Free Member

I was in work for the last three days. Amazing how many people think that immediately after Xmas is the ideal time to sort out car insurance. It was non-stop. Even at 10am on Bank Hol Monday there were calls coming through.

Makes sense to me – I always get through a pile of boring jobs at this time of year because I’ve got more time to do it.

Officially we’re meant to be here til 4 today. I’m about to press send on the last bit of work I intend to do this side of the new year so I’m hoping that we get the nod to go home earlier.

aleonardwilliams
    Free Member

I think I remember Viz calling this period the ‘Festive perineum’. work’s beautifully…

Kryton57

I had a tender document to finish today which basically concludes my old job, and I move on to my new one next Monday.

I did it by 11:30, had my lunch break on the Turbo, an am hoping my boss won’t object to me being a bit more relaxed this afternoon (I wfh).

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘The "Stuck at work in the Christmas NY gap" thread…’ is closed to new replies.