Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 118 total)
  • the strangest thing just happened….
  • alpin
    Free Member

…at a party. had a three beers. smoked a J – third today – and completely tripped out.

i’m ok now. bit hazy still but well enough to see straight.

i would admit that i am a heavy smoker, especially by most peoples standards.
    done enough drgus in my short time to know what a trip is and generally what is going on whilst i’m tripping. not this time. vision went funny. closed my eyes and looked down. opened up and i could see but everything i saw was pixelated. normally you have an element of control over the situation by telling yourself that what you are seeing isn’t real. not this time…

a real head twister.

stonemonkey
    Free Member

Whitey!!!!!!!!!!!HaHa

alpin
    Free Member

complete man, complete.

but why? ok this gear is a bit stronger but never thought it would twist my head like it did….

stonemonkey
    Free Member

I used to be a heavy smoker ( about 1/2 ounce of skunk a week) after 5 years of smoking 1 day i threw the biggest whitey, thought i was going to die panic attacks, trippin the works . never smoked again since nearly 3 years now and feel much better for it

stonemonkey
    Free Member

different weed will have different affects , maybe the beer, things on your mind etc

BrokenCollarBones
    Free Member

Whitey!!!!!!!!!!!HaHa

yup..lol..

Must be the combination of the heat and bear. Especially if you been smokin durin the day.

MrNutt
    Free Member

you’ve jumped about the schizophrenia express, your next stop is genital mutilation and psychosis!

have another! 😀

snowslave

Mr T is a wise man – he knows the truth about umbongo

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I have many vices.
    I’m crap with money, I can’t be trusted with a credit card, so I don’t have one anymore.
    I have a sweet tooth, I love to eat, so I struggle with my weight
    I like fast and expensive toys

But I’ve always been glad of 2 things
    I don’t gamble
    I don’t do drugs
    (both of which is how I afford fast and expensive toys)

Time to wake up and grow up, methinks…..

hilldodger
    Free Member

You’re brain has just gone :pop: with one drug experience too many !!
    All you have to look forward to now is endless internet pontificating, becoming a google/wiki expert, warehouse burning and a bit of octopron…….

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Peter – you don’t do drugs? Coffee / tea / chocolate / alcohol are all drugs

hilldodger
    Free Member

………..and as if by magic, he appears !!

drum on duracell bunny – foodstuffs with a low amount of psychoactive chemicals are a totally different ball game to bags of weed and toots of speed……

RoterStern
    Free Member

Did you roll it yourself? Some people put different amounts in a joint. The Americans smoke it raw for example. I can remember running through the streets of Preston as a student in the middle of winter convinced my heart had stopped after such an experience. 😳

snowslave

You don’t need drugs to feel like that in Preston mate

RepacK
    Free Member

Used to smoke but dont anymore – why? All of the above plus it rots yer brain, nasty stuff for sure.

RoterStern
    Free Member

You don’t need drugs to feel like that in Preston mate

LOL!

theotherjonv

i reckon drugs are essential to spending any time in Preston.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Peter – you don’t do drugs? Coffee / tea / chocolate / alcohol are all drugs

Stop trying to be clever, you know what I mean
    😛

sootyandjim
    Free Member

Some quality preaching there PP. Drink alcohol at all? Would it be legal if it were not taxed? Time for you to wake up perhaps?

MrSmith
    Free Member

I have many vices.
    I’m crap with money, I can’t be trusted with a credit card, so I don’t have one anymore.
    I have a sweet tooth, I love to eat, so I struggle with my weight
    I like fast and expensive toys

But I’ve always been glad of 2 things
    I don’t gamble
    I don’t do drugs
    (both of which is how I afford fast and expensive toys)

Time to wake up and grow up, methinks…..

time to wake up and grow up?
    so when are you going to learn to manage money like an adult, stop eating crap food and being overweight and stop wasting money on fast toys?

personally i couldn’t give a toss what you do with you life just find it a bit odd that you are happy to tell somebody else to “grow up” yet feel your own vices and failings are acceptable.

retro83
    Free Member

I used to be a heavy smoker ( about 1/2 ounce of skunk a week)

Not heavy 😛 My flatmate got through an ounce day of kush sometimes

OP, did you try having a sugary drink like coca cola? Seems to bring people back to the real world.

Dylan08
    Free Member

Mr Smith – Absolutely spot on comment! Couldnt have put it ANY better myself.

SiB
    Free Member

Well done Mr Smith, well said!

Alpin, apple green shade by any chance?!

Got the same bunch of ‘smoking mates’ since school days (38 now so we’re not what yu’d call inexperienced)and we’re no lightweights but it happens to one of us on a regular basis with no explanation……apart from he’s the short-arse of the group. Now I’m not saying its a height thing but we do enjoy ripping the p*ss out of him and blame his stumpy legs. How tall are you??!

RepacK
    Free Member

Ok I got a question – hands up here who think doing drugs is ok? Im not interested in the arguments about coffee/tea/alcohol etc – yes I know they are drugs & provide a stimulant of some sort but they are legal. Im curious to see who here is concerned about the moral implications of drug use. Answers on a postcard please – right Im off to bed as Im currently in California & its 01.30 here, if anyone replies I will get back to you on the ‘morrow. Till then night night or rather Good Morning! (In a Little Britain stylee 😉 )

samuri
    Free Member

personally I’m glad I tried drugs when I was younger. I wouldn’t be adverse to taking a quick toke nowadays too but I am glad I don’t really seem to need to bother any more. I do know some people who’s lives have been completely ripped apart by Heroin and Cocaine mind. Heroin is one evil drug, the things it makes people do…. I’ve also known a few recreational Heroin users who could handle it.

As for the question above though, I see little wrong with recreational use of softer drugs such as weed, ecstacy, speed or even lsd and it’s derivatives. They’re certainly a lot less harmful than alcohol.

Stoner
    Free Member

I found this an enlightening read on heroin
    http://www.flatearthnews.net/media-falsehoods-and-propaganda/heroin

Keva
    Free Member

Ok I got a question – hands up here who think doing drugs is ok? Im not interested in the arguments about coffee/tea/alcohol etc – yes I know they are drugs & provide a stimulant of some sort but they are legal. Im curious to see who here is concerned about the moral implications of drug use. Answers on a postcard please

That’ll be a new thread then instead of a highjack…

Kev

Dylan08
    Free Member

Ok I got a question – hands up here who think doing drugs is ok? Im not interested in the arguments about coffee/tea/alcohol etc – yes I know they are drugs & provide a stimulant of some sort but they are legal. Im curious to see who here is concerned about the moral implications of drug use. Answers on a postcard please – right Im off to bed as Im currently in California & its 01.30 here, if anyone replies I will get back to you on the ‘morrow. Till then night night or rather Good Morning! (In a Little Britain stylee )

…. C. I. A. ????

coffeeking
    Free Member

You do plenty of drugs, you increase your chances of developing some pretty unpleasant side effects – surprise surprise. Most people deal with the side effects of chocolate/coffee/alcohol because (in moderation) they’re not a problem. However there’s some doubt over whether thats true for other drugs. This would be a big wake-up call to me if I were a drug taker, it’s simply hard evidence that your body isn’t coping with what you’re throwing at it. Heed the warning.

Plus you have absolutely no idea what rubbish gets stuffed in with the stuff you’re rotting your lungs with – could be any number of other chemicals that caused it.

hora
    Free Member

I personally think weed is great but its something you grow out of when you hit your 30s IMO. Same with Coke/Speed. Priorities/life changes etc.

but don’t judge those who have a smoke or a pill now and then.

Totally agree.

Pook

I’m very much of the if it’s doing no harm to others, and you don’t let it take over your life, then why not?
    But it’s on a scale. Where do you draw a line at harm? Family? Friends? Workmates? or do you go all the way back to the coca farmers etc back in Brazil/Colombia etc.

I’ve dabbled in the past but just can’t be bothered now. I pity those who get messed up with it, but don’t judge those who have a smoke or a pill now and then.

hora
    Free Member

….plus probably the best BJ I ever received was when I was stoned 😀

jimmy

Pineapple express?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Repack – a complex question. Very complex.

On a moral front and taking it simply I don’t believe in a victimless crime. Many drugs don’t affect anyone but the person taking them. Many of the ill effects of drugs are due to the illegality rather than the drugs.

However most drugs are made/ grown or imported by “organised crime” thus buying drugs puts money in the pockets of the criminals.

I’ll use cocaine as an example. To the individual it does indeed incur a health risk. Risks of cardiovascular disease are increased and prolonged or heavy use also can cause mental health problems. Then there is the geopolitical issues. The amount of money that cocaine production generates has very undesirable effects on the producer countries. However these effects ( corruption of local officials etc) are in reality a consequence of prohibition rather than of the effects of the drug itself.

Any discussion of this sort of area is going to be contentious and I think you need to look at each drug individually rather than consider them all the same. You also need to consider the effect of the drugs themselves and the effects of its prohibition separately rather than consider them the same.

The actual effects of drugs tend to be mainly on the individual. The effects of prohibition tend to be very damaging to societies.

Using heroin as another example. a large % of “petty crime” in this country is from junkies getting the money to pay for their fix. Without prohibition this would not be the case. Remove the prohibition of heroin and you reduce crime significantly overnight. You would also reduce the health risks to the consumers. would removing prohibition increase the number of users? This is an unknown really but in my opinion it would not. the experience of countries where prohibition is less strict would seem to back this up but it would be a leap in the dark.

Take cannabis. Most cannabis consumed in the UK now is produced in cannabis farms run by organised crime. This is putting money into the hands of undesirables ( to say the least) However again this is a result not of the drug but of the prohibition of it. actual cannabis consumption causes little damage to individuals and society ( but by no means zero)

So to consider the moral implications of drug use I believe that you need to separate out the implications that come directly from the drug use and those that are effects of the prohibition.

Consumption of drugs on an individual basis in our current system certainly carries some immoral aspects in that you are helping cause corruption of and damage to societies, but removing prohibition would remove much of this. However unless demand is curbed this will continue and as mankind has always used drugs in one form or another then I see little chance of reducing demand thru the criminal justice system. Prohibition simply does not work and indeed may be contributing to the damage to societies

While demand is there then someone somewhere will produce to meet that demand. Until demand can be reduced then there will always be production with the damaging effects this illegal production and distribution causes on societies around the world.

Different drugs have different effects on both the individuals and societies and should be considered individually. What is right for MDMA may not be right for cocaine

My own view is that prohibition is more damaging than consumption. As a purely pragmatic take on it then I would remove prohibition and take drug issues from the legal / judicial sphere into the health sphere. I am sure this would cost the country less and reduce the damage in producer countries. Legally produced drugs can be controlled and taxed and these taxes used in health promotion / harm reduction.

Its a hugely complex issue and this post is only intended as a series of discussion points and is not intended as any definitive set of answers

chakaping
    Free Member

I think a few doses of MDMA might make this forum an altogether nicer place to hang around.

You’re very naughty though Alpin, I hope you’ve learned your lesson now and never do it again.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Using heroin as another example. a large % of “petty crime” in this country is from junkies getting the money to pay for their fix. Without prohibition this would not be the case.

Don’t follow that at all. Just because it is no longer prohibited does not suddenly make it free. Legalise it, add a bit of tax for Mr Brown and it may even be more expensive = MORE “petty” ctime to pay for it

Its a hugely complex issue and this post is only intended as a series of discussion points and is not intended as any definitive set of answers

Why thank you 🙂

david_r
    Free Member

Cant see anything wrong with it for a bit of recreational use.

Sadly, my body just can’t handle it. The end result was I’d wake up somewhere and had usually p!ssed myself in my slumber :((although to be fair we did hit it hard along with large amounts of beer – but I’ve never p!ssed myself when I’ve just been on the beer so definitely the weed).

Muke
    Free Member

maybe the beer

Must be the combination of the heat and bear

coffeeking
    Free Member

TJ – on prohibition….Alcohol is not illegal, is freely (if relatively expensively, compared to some drugs) available, socially acceptable, and we have a society that is currently “under seige” from people out getting absolutely smashed, causing damage, making themselves ill, overweight, etc draining NHS resources and getting addicted. While I’m not suggesting banning alcohol is a good idea, surely legalising other drugs would lead to the same problem manifested differently? Assuming the government created the drugs legally and cleanly, how long before the price comes down and more people see them as acceptable and use them daily, or binge on them at weekends etc. Suggesting prohibition is the damaging factor seems odd to me – remove the age limit from alcohol and you’d have just about every teenager out wasted whenever they could afford it, same with other drugs. This would simply lead to further problems down the line?

therealhoops
    Free Member

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 118 total)

The topic ‘the strangest thing just happened….’ is closed to new replies.