• This topic has 71 replies, 56 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by 10.
Viewing 32 posts - 41 through 72 (of 72 total)
  • The 'Staying in on NYE' thread
  • mboy
    Free Member

Miserable? Anti-social? Maybe. I never enjoy this time of year, for various reasons, and just don’t feel why I should feel obliged to ‘celebrate’ really.

What he said… Christmas and NYE are great if you’re in a relationship or have family you want to spend them with, otherwise there’s 51 other weeks of the year that are far preferable for many of us!

v8ninety

M’luverly wife’s waters broke this morning, now eight days overdue, but no real contractions or progress to speak of. Youngest shipped off to me folks for the night, now to chill, take it easy and make the most of the peace and quiet, for I feel life is about to get a mite more hectic imminently… 😯

willard

Shit pub in the village, and can’t be bothered paying for a taxi to town and back, plus the entry and the drinks, for a party, so staying in.

As luck would have it, since we got back from Tesco, I’ve barely seen my wife. She’s been on the phone talking to friends and has left me alone with the dogs. She’s not touched the sushi I made for her, just been on the phone and drinking wine. I’m now in bed with a cuppa hoping I’ll be asleep soon, because I am genuinely sick to death of her doing that just about every night since I quit smoking.

Sorry, a couple of glasses of champagne and a small bottle of sake will do that to you. Happy new year people. Stay safe, love to you all.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Hadge
    Free Member

Can’t really offer much in the way of support singletrackmind but hope things get better for you and your mate.
    I’m here on my own as my kids have gone a party and I recently split up with my fiance so it’s “finding peace” time for me. I’ll make sure 2012 will be a good one for sure. I also have a close friend who’s fighting Bowel Cancer and a relative who has Motor-Nuerone disease and he has only a short time left as he is that bad so I’m not up for much celebration being honest.

colournoise

Used to go up to Edinburgh every year with a gang of mates, but got to my late 20s and started to find the whole NYE thing a bit boring and ‘forced’.

Occasionally go out for a decent meal or have one set of parents over, but usually (like tonight) it’s me, Zoe, the dogs, Jools and guests, some cider and a nice Laphroaig (or maybe Caol Ila this year) to toast the new year.

slainte 😀 rob

Mr5O
    Free Member

Mrs told me the other day that there was no chance of us getting back together (been apart 6months) so I’m down at the olds with the little un as they didnt see him at Christmas and am now the only one left up as everyone else is tucked up in bed.

Hoping 2012 is going be a better year than the shite fest that was 2011

franciscobegbie
    Free Member

Wife at work, me and the little un chilled out and watched some films and played some games.
    I’ve not had a drink yet, and may not bother, as I’ve got a ride planned for tomorrow.

Happy new year when it comes. Hope 2012 is good to us all.

project
    Free Member

Seems as if theres a major incident on the M56, theyve closed it from Queensferry to Runcorn, so for somebody its going to a night to remember.

jonke
    Free Member

first thing new years day – best time of the year to get a crowd free surf. Quiet one for me.

rainbow
    Free Member

Another quiet one for me, cant be arsed to go out, bored of xmas and the weather already, ready for work on Tuesday!

curtisthecat
    Free Member

Wife and I had an early dinner in our fav Turkish in Dalston, then back to chez Curtis to continue working our way through the Soprano’s boxset. Up early for a long walk then rounds mates place for a party. Oh, and not a drop of alcohol, it has been 2 years now!

oldnpastit

Got to get some more work done before the deadline at the end of next week.

Which is true, but also after a while, it’s all just a bit meh.

The inevitable forced jollity, the traditional chanting of Auld Lang Wotsit, having to pretend I’m enjoying myself. Sorry, it’s just not for me.

Unfortunately my wife has invited about 50 people round so I’ve retreated out of the way to get some work done.

topangarider
    Free Member

At home with my lovely wife chilling drinking wine etc.

Started to think about next year and the stuff I want to do. Seem to have spent the last few years trying to beat my brothers’ times at events. Now I have, I realise the best thing about it was actually just doing the events. So my plan for next year, do more of the stuff I want with people who want to do them – mates (or brothers!). Don’t get me wrong, I’m still a competitive bugger, but I wan to have fun.

My last ride of the year was with a mate this afternoon where we drunk beer and ate mince pies. It was great.

Thats my plan.

Happy new year to you all.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Wife and I had an early dinner in our fav Turkish in Dalston

Where it is that you went? Mangal Ocakbasi on Arcola St?

curtisthecat
    Free Member

No, just round the corner from Mangal. Its called Cirrik. Very good.

john_drummer
    Free Member

Simply canlt be arsed with it all. New year started 22/12/11 for me. If mrs_d wasn’t sat next to me watching hootenanny i’d be in bed already.

Best wishes to STM & friends

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

v8ninety – the very best of luck to you and yours! That must be the best new years possible.

Round here it’s like a kids puking competition. Good humour is still winning through though!

Taff
    Free Member

Went to a mates for a massive roast which was awesome. Had a few drinks after then came home as the mrs didn’t want to drive tired. Just made a cup of tea and now waiting for the London fireworks then bed! Living the dream

chipps

I’ve been having a mellow night in with wine, girlfriend and an ’80s Bond film (Living Daylights… get me and my rock and roll life!) 🙂 Up in the morning to spend the day sorting out the cyclocross race I’m organising on Monday. Then back to work. Happy New Year everyone, from all at STW. Hope to catch up with some of you in the coming months.

DarrenH

Stayed home, bottle and half of vino.
    Watched paul on sky with futuremissush
    so, good night,
    plus side- i”m out for a spin tomorrow morning 😀
    happy new year all
    hic!

buttercup
    Free Member

I’m stuck in at work. And here it is, the last minuteof 2011 as I type this.

No kissing anybody in this place. Bummer. AHA!

Happy January, everyone.

andytherocketeer

On call, and praying there’s no call out, or at least praying that they can’t call me because the mobile networks have been pwned.

Don’t want to be caught drunk in charge of a billion € or so.

Did go out to get a good sniff of the fireworks – mmmmmm 🙂

Happy New Year!

takisawa2

Quiet night in with the Wife. Kids in bed. Did great little treasure hunt around town today to tire them out. Just watching “The Kings Speech” & the shortbreads are taking a battering. Up early for a run to undo some damage.

aliburner
    Free Member

Done the on-call on hogmanay thing before – off this year 🙂
    Happy New Year to all those working tonight and to everyone else!

topangarider
    Free Member

Off to bed looking forward to a run in the morning.

Crazy!

Sandwich

Possible last NYE with a teenager in the house. Contemplating an empty nest next year. A bit sad as a result. STM has put it all in context though. Time for me to MTFU.
    All the best to you all. I hope to get to Calderdale this year.

maxray
    Free Member

Got my 9 day old settled at 5 past 12, wife milked dry by him lying asleep on the couch. Watching wheeler dealers with a few speckled hens… sad fekkr I am!

Happy new year one and all, especially all those new dads, good luck with the lack of sleep!

Oh and extra vibes, to your mate singletrackmind that is a tough set of events!

ART

All the best everyone, especially those dealing with tough stuff. I’m glad 2011 has gone, as it wasn’t the best. Up in the morning to start the new year with a ride and hopefully a better prospect in 2012. 🙂

konabunny
    Free Member

singletrackmind – good luck to your mate and you. Hopefully, 2012 can only be better.

It’s not NYE for me any more (time zones) but even when it was I was staying in looking after my nephew. Thank F for that! I’m not a big fan of NYE…

Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

I cannot possibly want to eat it drink anything more, nor spend any more time sat in the house attempting to be jolly. We’ve had 1 day without visitors since Xmas eve. The current ones leave 3 hours before I go back to work. Ffs

StefMcDef
    Free Member

Just been like any other Saturday night, but with a bit more bevvy involved. For tomorrow we diet!

Right now just drinking hot chocolate and watching Midsommer Murder on Netflix, with Mrs 10. I have to work tomorrow. Don’t get Jools here but hopefully will be able to watch some of the performances soon. Got to be better than Carson Daily.

Viewing 32 posts - 41 through 72 (of 72 total)

The topic ‘The 'Staying in on NYE' thread’ is closed to new replies.