Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • The Snip
  • squeekybrakes
    Free Member

I'm going in for this in the coming week and need some consoling stories of how painless it's going to be… and more improtantly – How long can I expect to be off the bike after the op?

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I rode to work the next day, and the most painful part was the recovery from the over-enthusiastic shaving I'd done :o)

uplink
    Free Member

I didn't have to do any shaving & it was pretty much painless

although I did have to put up with the embarrassment of seeing my mates wife was the nurse assisting the doc 😳

LoulaBella
    Free Member

Oh I wish my hubby would man the **** up and do it. After having 2 kids plus numerous stitches im sure its nothing. Everytime I mention it he crosses his legs and changes the subject. My best mates bloke had it done and he was fine they also said it does wonders for your love life (:
    Well done I say!

surfer
    Free Member

Storm in a teacup.

Ran 10 miles 2 days later in tight undies with no problems (Not just undies!) I did have sensible shoes as well!

stoney
    Free Member

Only mild discomfort here. I could have easily gone to work the next day but instead i ran the dads race at No 3 boys sports day. Even the local injection was`nt that bad. Much less painful than a Dentist anasthetic. You dont need to shave….. (I did and it was irritable for a while), they only ask the hair be trimmed……

squeekybrakes
    Free Member

Thanks for the encouragement! Looks like I should be able to carry on with the commute OK…

druidh
    Free Member

Didn't shave/trim. Was in and out in a few minutes, with no pain/discomfort afterwards. Complete non event really. Worst part was hearing it – I suggest an MP3 player…

genghispod
    Free Member

Just don't even think about getting it reversed in the future. That is a totally different experience.

Zukemonster
    Free Member

Yes completely painless, just don't let her know that….

YoungDaveriley
    Free Member

Yeah,nowt to worry about,less painful than a filling.

grtdkad

Okay, slightly different story…the op itself was uncomfortable but not painful. This was followed by 3/4 days of major swelling and proper ball-ache – definitely no biking! The doc had actually decided to do one of mine twice "because he wasn't confident in his first attempt".

…still well worth it….
    >;-)

Skyliner
    Free Member

The most unusual part was the nurse asking if I was going anywhere nice this year on holiday!! Just as a puff of smoke rose between my legs!!!!!! 😯

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Yup painless – and Skyliner – I had the nurse and doctor (a certain Dr Hasty of the Hallamshire!!) discussing car parking spaces whilst they did the deed.

grtdkad

Yup…one of the nurses knocked while I was getting ready and took another look. Seriously…. "Just checking all okay"

Skyliner
    Free Member

LOL! Our surgery is brand new and looks like somewhere Bill Gates would go to, when I got the appt letter it said the op was in a part of town that has a bit of a rep. I thought surely all would be ok, that was until I arrived at reception and they asked me if I was there to collect my Methodone!!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘The Snip’ is closed to new replies.