Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • The smell of leather… aaaaand relax.
  • Kryton57

Anyone else?  Mrs Kryton thinks I’m odd because I find leather smell very relaxing, there must be some primeval reason for this, I can’t have yet another personality disorder… can I?

😀

trail_rat
    Free Member

Because inside the mask is your safe space ? *

* You knew this level of immaturity was coming when you posted this 😉

househusband

If only aeroplanes still had leather seats, eh Kryton…

Kryton57

Ha ha!  I’ve recently experience easyJet orange in that regard, with easytea and easypretzels .

No leather at all…

bikebouy
    Free Member

Buy a defuser with “leather smell” and some kinky boots for yourself then hide away in the spare room for 30mims..

jag61

don’t Brooks use some kind of leather on their saddles???

Oh I see…. sorry as you were

senorj

Sandwich

The smell is usually the dye/finishing treatment. We have the remains of a bottle after the 30 year old sofa was repaired and refinished. The ‘new’ leather smell was back in the living room for a couple of weeks.

RaveyDavey
    Free Member

Leather chaps…not to be sniffed at

bigyinn
    Free Member

I have been known to go into handbag shops etc and just sniff the leather belts and bags. Mmmmm

I’m also quite partial to the smell of a PROPER sheepskin jacket.

stumpyjon

This would be the smell often added artificially during the leather making process?

blader1611
    Free Member

Just to make sure you have the right leather, have you tried Imperial Leather?

rene59
    Free Member

I have been known to go into handbag shops etc and just sniff the leather belts and bags. Mmmmm

Have you spent much time behind bars pursuing this hobby?

demelitia
    Free Member

Gliptone, the maker of various leather care and repair products make air fresheners with the leather smell in them to hang in your car. I’m yet to open mine as I keep conditioning the leather regularly and the heat build up in the car releases all kinds of manky leather aromas…

somafunk

did someone say leather?

link courtesy of Bert Kreischer

Kryton57

Gliptone, the maker of various leather care and repair products make air fresheners with the leather smell in them to hang in your car

Yep, got ridiculed for having those in my previous car, such was my desire for leather smell.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘The smell of leather… aaaaand relax.’ is closed to new replies.