Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • The Sky is falling!
  • grarea
    Free Member

Might be for external reasons, but if you wanted to quit as a success, now is a good time eh?
    All the other teams, while they po poohed team sky have started copying them at every opportunity.

They might just be catching up now, making it harder to stay ahead.

With all the cobbles and gravel sneaking in, perhaps Team STW is the way forward?

cchris2lou

They won everything, nothing left to prove.

molgrips
    Free Member

Hold on a minute.

Sky is only available in a few countries, far fewer than watch GT cycling. Is it purely advertising driven?

bigjim

Team Ventolin has a good ring to it

Daffy

You’ve got to remeber that they’ve been doing this for ten years and during that time Sky have grown their European market substantially. So much so that the bidding war for Sky was extreme. To me it sounds as much like job done, rather than bad rep. Perhaps a competitor could be persuaded to do the same.

crazy-legs

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cycling/46556327

Interesting read, well put together.

nbt

There were rumours of Ecopetrol being in the running, but Cycling Weekly say that Ineos are lined up to take over – and increase the budget!

British billionaire Sir Jim Ratcliffe to sponsor Team Sky with bigger budget, according to sources

igm

Ratcliffe the rich, vote for Brexit, make Britain great, but I’ll be moving to Monaco to avoid British taxes and post-Brexit problems individual?

Oh dear.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Ratcliffe the rich, vote for Brexit, make Britain great, but I’ll be moving to Monaco to avoid British taxes and post-Brexit problems individual?

Well that should help reduce the amount of venom directed at them then…..

scuttler

At least they’ll have a nearly French owner. **** ****.

taxi25
    Free Member

British billionaire supports great British success story. New money coming into a sport we/some love. But no lets make it another rich/right wing, brexit bashing story.🤨

bikebouy
    Free Member

Oh dear.

And I’ll add one of the most destructive plastics manufacturing companies “in the world”

HTHs bolster the vitriol 🤣

igm

Taxi, he’s not British, well not for tax purposes 😉.
    Now if he wants to start acting like a reasonable guy, pay his share etc then perhaps we should entertain his activities.
    But at present he’s just dragging the cycling team down.

wobbliscott
    Free Member

And I’ll add one of the most destructive plastics manufacturing companies “in the world”

And cycling is so squeaky clean where the use of polluting plastics is concerned so sounds like a match made in heaven.

bikebouy
    Free Member

That’s why he’s sponsoring the British Americas Cup team innit..

chakaping
    Free Member

I’m mainly disappointed ‘cos I wanted to see how they did with a smaller budget.

🙁

Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘The Sky is falling!’ is closed to new replies.