Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • The shorts don’t fit
  • alchiltern
    Free Member

Where to look for casual shorts for those with big legs? Usually high street cargo types from WS and FF fit the bill easy, but they seem to favor the skinny leg chino fit now.

Where else to look? Tend not to get on that well with online as I’m pretty heavy set for my height.

jsync

Mountain warehouse?

danmac
    Free Member

TK Maxx could also be a good place to start

footflaps

Where to look for casual shorts for those with big legs?

Eat more crisps, then eventually your waist will expand and the shorts you have to buy will fit your legs.

Worked for me!

MoreCashThanDash

Eat more crisps, then eventually your waist will expand and the shorts you have to buy will fit your legs.

Worked for me!

Not just me then🤦‍♂️

alchiltern
    Free Member

Guilty also, but the they still don’t fit. Any obvious brands to look for.

I’m well out if practice, last clothes I bought must gave been in 2019!

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

If it was biking shorts I was going to say Fat Lad At The Back do great shorts but for casual I have no idea. I just wear what MrsWCA has put in the 3rd drawer down and don’t complain

bigginge

Don’t tell anyone but a while back I got a couple of pairs from M&S that are a nice relaxed fit and take my rather large thighs (getting on for 30” just for one of them) without any tightness.

djambo
    Free Member

I was going to suggest those GAP ones too. Their 10″ Vintage shorts fit over my pistons well…

Coyote
    Free Member

Hollister cargo shorts have a bit of thigh room in them surprisingly enough and they are stretchy. Be wary of waist size though, I go a size down from usual.

richwales

£15

Lasted me a couple of years. Old ones get relegated to work shorts. New ones for tidy.

sofaboy73
    Free Member

if you’re after cargo shorts again, try the below army suprplus type website (all though all new stuff). plenty of stuff that isn’t full on camo / tactical weekend warrior look. i’ve got a few pairs of the helikon CPU shorts that i live in and last forever

https://www.military1st.co.uk/clothing/shorts

alchiltern
    Free Member

Just to close, Gap cargo shorts with a bit of stretch. Thanks blitz, very comfy.

footflaps

and take my rather large thighs (getting on for 30” just for one of them) without any tightness.

Sure you’re not confusing waist with thigh?

RustySpanner

Decathlon do some posh-ish cotton casual shorts.

Otherwise, Sainsbury.

alchiltern
    Free Member

Sure you’re not confusing waist with thigh?

That’s where I’m at and have only been getting decent time on them bike for a month or so. Jeans are a PITA and I curse the current skinny chino type fashion.

jimmy

TK Maxx

Never.

weeksy

Next have some in currently that are proper spacious on the legs

https://www.next.co.uk/style/st701456/198858#198858

Decent money too.

toby1

as I’m pretty heavy set for my height.

Late I know, but whatever colour of Volcom Frickin shorts takes your fancy, I am also ‘heavy set’ they are quite generous in sizing, so go smaller or your regular size and a belt, they look loads better than ‘cargo’ shorts too in my view, what are you a SysAdmin?

igm

Gap was the answer a couple of weeks ago (free returns) and they were good for me (32” waist, 24” thighs)

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

If you can’t do the penis slap in them what’s the point.

Keva
    Free Member

a nice relaxed fit and take my rather large thighs (getting on for 30” just for one of them)

that’s the size of my waist!!!

nixie

Jeans the alpkit ones are good. They have a nice stretch which makes them super comfortable (to the point I buy an extra set ever time they are on sale and store them).

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘The shorts don’t fit’ is closed to new replies.