• This topic has 165 replies, 46 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by rig.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 166 total)
  • The Scottish Elections.
  • SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

2 to go.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

1 to go.

molgrips
    Free Member

Make sure you get your kid in that Gaelic school SbZ, he’s goign to need it 🙂

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Here goes…

epicyclo

The Lib/Dems and Labour are seen as anti-Scotland parties by people who would otherwise vote for them.

When the Lib/Dems and Labour support a free Scotland, their voters will return.

rig
    Free Member

1 to go …

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

FRRRRREEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDDDDOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!! 😉

rig
    Free Member

We’re there!!!!!

Yahoooooo

mustard
    Free Member

I feel slightly sick.

I’m ususally a pretty tollerant person, regardless of personal politics (I always think Goldie comes across really well and I will NEVER vote Torie), but cannot stand Eck, Swinney and Sturgeon, they just get my back up every time I see/hear them.

Stu_N

We’re on the road to the “arc of prosperity”.

Bugger.

epicyclo

Now for the Referendum…. 😀

It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom — for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.

legend
    Free Member

Eck, Swinney and Sturgeon

agreed, I’d rather shit mysely than have to listen to any of them. In fact just watching the parliament in action gets my back up, comes across as amateur and useless…… if I had the choice I’d get rid of the Scottish Parliament all together!

If they get independance I’m outta here

epicyclo

legend – Member
    …If they get independance I’m outta here

To Toryland?

yossarian
    Free Member

Close the borders!

Switch to auxiliary power!

What do you mean there’s no auxiliary power????

<knocks>

<waits>

I can hear giggling, but no-ones answering

binners

Woohooooo. A medieval theme park to the north.

Look mummy. Look at the strange men in mud huts. Eating poo and beating each other to death with deep-fried pizza

rig
    Free Member

Alba gu bràth

Stu_N

Freedom from what exactly?

Braveheart rhetoric doesn’t fund public services or pay of Scotland’s share of the national debt, sadly.

5thElefant
    Free Member

Woo-hoo! 😀

seosamh77
    Free Member

Freedom from what exactly?

tory governments.

legend
    Free Member

To Toryland?

to anywhere that’ll have me!

If the borders are closed I’ll just go on a calm night when the 100% renewable energy isn’t producing enough for the search lights 😉

Working in the defence industry won’t be a winner with those muppets in control

grum
    Free Member

Arc of Prosperity here we (you) come!

epicyclo

Stu_N – Member
    Freedom from what exactly?…

How about freedom to spend our national income paying off debt instead of increasing it by waging wars in other people’s countries?

5thElefant
    Free Member

Last time you ran up some debt you had to sell your entire country to your nearest neighbour.

epicyclo

5thElefant – Member
    Last time you ran up some debt you had to sell your entire country to your nearest neighbour.

You won’t be able to afford us next time 🙂

Stu_N

Go on, google “Darien Adventure”.

Compare and contrast to our recent banking misadventures.

uplink
    Free Member

When you belong to the ‘arc of prosperity’ there’ll be no holding you back
    The sun will start shining and everything, people will get healthier and maybe even have a greater life expectancy than Rwandans currently do

🙂

epicyclo

Stu_N – Member
    Go on, google “Darien Adventure”…

I take it you mean the deliberate sabotaging of it by English financial and imperial interests.

I can understand why some English people who glory in an imperial past are upset about this election result. It is the knowledge that England was never a great power when it stood alone.

molgrips
    Free Member

I take it you mean the deliberate sabotaging of it by English financial and imperial interests.

Do go on….

imnotverygood

As I said, most people understand that turning the clock back to 1314 doesn’t solve anything 🙄

uplink
    Free Member

I can understand why some English people who glory in an imperial past are upset about this election result

TBH – the vast majority of English won’t even know you’ve had a parliamentary election, let alone care what the result is

I certainly didn’t know you were having one and I’m not that far South of the border

imnotverygood

I can understand why some English people who glory in an imperial past are upset about this election result. It is the knowledge that England was never a great power when it stood alone.

So, in this post you manage to criticize English Imperialism while at the same time complaining that the Scottish attempt at Imperialism was sabotaged. Presumably imperialism is only acceptable if it is initiated by people with anachronistically painted blue faces crying ‘Freedom’

Stu_N

That was part of the problem, to be sure, but the Spanish weren’t too keen on anyone setting up shop in their territory either (and why would any rival get one over them if they could easily avoid it).

The Darien Company wasn’t well managed and Scotland simply wasn’t strong enough to back it up when the going got tough.

molgrips
    Free Member

What’s the difference then between creating trade infrastructure and imperialism?

chewkw
    Free Member

Quick invade Scotland now … put them to hard labour. 😆

epicyclo

Have fun whingeing lads, I’m off to celebrate!

imnotverygood

What’s the difference then between creating trade infrastructure and imperialism?

The first is when we Brits did it & the second is when anyone else does it. The end result is pretty much the same.

molgrips
    Free Member

Was Darien not an attempt to create a trade route rather than colonise a country?

Stu_N

molgrips, yes, which was kind of the problem.

The traditional model would be to colonise and either wipe out the natives or put them to work for you (not that there were many in Darien, being basically a malarial swamp), fortify and make it yours, then start making money out of it.

molgrips
    Free Member

The traditional model would be to colonise and either wipe out the natives or put them to work for you

That’s not what the British did though was it?

backhander
    Free Member

Have fun whingeing lads, I’m off to celebrate!

You’re living the dream aren’t you?
    Any excuse for a lash up, but politics? really?

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 166 total)

The topic ‘The Scottish Elections.’ is closed to new replies.