Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • the rideyourbike carbon fiber(sic) warning
  • theflatboy
    Free Member

interesting – was reading the always entertaining busted carbon blog, and there was a link to this:

rideyourbike.com carbon fiber warning

i like the graveyard pic 😆

cynic-al
    Free Member

metal stuff breaks too, but they never show you that…

clubber
    Free Member

You mean that carbon isn’t invincible? Wow, that totally changes my perception and I’ll be replacing all my carbon parts with parts made from metal – specifically aluminium, Ti and steel, none of which I’ve ever seen fail and even if I had, they’d definitely have all failed in a nice controlled manner that stopped me crashing or hurting myself and definitely not either bent so far that they may as well have broken or bent then snapped with a razor sharp edge.

Thank for the warning. You’ve saved my life.
    🙄

theflatboy
    Free Member

i didn’t write it.

clubber
    Free Member

Didn’t suggest that you did 🙂 I just find such blind faith in metal over carbon frustrating. Same as I find it annoying that people still believe that steel frames are all springy, alumninium ones are all harsh and so on. The bike world really seems to live in a world where poorly understood aspects of material/engineering/etc are touted as facts without understanding the wider issues.

compositepro
    Free Member

i like those kind of sites

they are pretty funny

Theres another entire website out there somewhere that completely and unashamedly bashes the shit out of carbon and anything made out of it relating to bikes

then post lots of no carbon anything breakages ooooer the irony of it

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘the rideyourbike carbon fiber(sic) warning’ is closed to new replies.