Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • The Ride Journal Issue 2
  • phillyd
    Free Member

Thank you everyone whos pre ordered a copy of issue 2 of The Ride Journal.
    The good news is they arrived today.
    The better news is that they look great.
    The people doing our distribution also got them in and tell us theyve been posting them late this afternoon.
    I dont know if they will have made tomorrow mornings post… heres hoping.

I just thought Id let people know theyre coming very soon.
    and for the London based folk theres always the pub purchase possibility thats happening on Thursday evening.

(see the story on the news page for info).

Cheers all

Philip
    editor
    http://www.theridejournal.com

xherbivorex
    Free Member

looking forward to seeing this…

Filthy
    Free Member

cheers… now how am I supposed to get any work done?

flamejob
    Free Member

Is there a… erum… reduced rate for those paying to get into said pub?

Travis

suppose will have to wait ages for mine….. snail mailing it all the way to Beijing….

Sure to be worth the wait though 😀

Stranger
    Free Member

If it’s as good as the last one it’ll be well worth the wait.
    Something to keep me occupied during my recovery!

Stoner
    Free Member

Since Im planning on making my millions in retirement selling my mint First Edition Ride Journal, out of interest how many were originally published (did I see 1,000?) and how many of Edition 2 are there?

nbt

I haven’t got round to reading Issue 1 all the way through yet, I got distracted and it’s still on the coffee table. ST issues 45 onwards are also on the “to be read” pile 😯 😕

mrplaybus

Recieved my issue 2 and liking it. will be reading it this afternoon if it rains…

kelvin

– claps hands excitedly –

Ed-O
    Free Member

Mine just landed. Very nice. I looked at the first page and wanted some brogues straight away! Putting it away now or I’ll get nowt done.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

hopefully mine’ll be there when i get home this evening.

ourmaninthenorth

I was delayed leaving the house to go to work this morning (by a call from work), and so was in when I witnessed postie stuffing it through the letter box.

A quick look suggests it arrived unscathed. Do these people have no respect…? 😉

I shall file it with feverish anticipation for my return next week from riding in Belgium.

😀

colb
    Free Member

ourmaninthenorth – Member
    I was delayed leaving the house to go to work this morning (by a call from work), and so was in when I witnessed postie stuffing it through the letter box.

A quick look suggests it arrived unscathed. Do these people have no respect…?

Darn it, feeling the need to rush home and intercept ours, every magazine I get delivered is destroyed by his over eager stuffing of the letterbox 😉

sofaking
    Free Member

just landed here too along with dirtrag from the states.
    just as well as i have a **** head cold, the suns out and i’m well pissed off.

sheldona
    Free Member

Sofaking don’t start sandbagging already:-)

Forgot to preorder mine 🙁 so just ordered one!

wildrnes
    Free Member

mine arrived today, but i am at work…

MoreCashThanDash

I’m at work, but no outraged “Now what have you bought…?” calls from home, so may not have arrived yet.

It’s my holiday reading when we are away at Easter – if I can resist that long……

Ed-O
    Free Member

Good beard on p.67. Now back to work Ed.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

mine’s not here yet.
    oh well, postie’s probably having a good read of it first…

MoreCashThanDash

Mine was at home – I’ve had a quick browse – big range of stories about a big range of bike styles, some great photos – I wasn’t expecting it to be so thick and relatively advertising-free,looks superb

I’d urge anyone dithering about getting a copy to take the plunge and support these guys efforts

ourmaninthenorth

Well, I’ve given it a skim, and looks and feels as lovely as the first. It will, as with so many things, never quite top the first – think of the magazine, Ogee, created in Hollinghurst’s The Line of Beauty – but even holding it makes it a wonderfiul, beautiful thing.

I listened to the Jack Thurston interview with the Diprose brothers, and especially enjoyed the reading of Rona Sutherland’s Broken Hearted. Beautiful, and captured quite neatly what The Ride says to me.

If you haven’t ordered it, do. This is where the zeitgeist of cycling is at. Right here. Catch it before, like a whisp, it vanishes into the warm summer night….

Chapeau, guys. Chapeau.

finbar
    Free Member

think of the magazine, Ogee, created in Hollinghurst’s The Line of Beauty

*tips hat at great reference*

The magazine is indeed truly a thing of beauty, even my architect housemate was impressed. I’ve only skimmed it so far but i loved the Hokusai pastiche.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘The Ride Journal Issue 2’ is closed to new replies.