Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The Reverb 4 (I appreciate it's BD2D, but…..)
  • LoveTubs
    Free Member

Just before I attempt to sleep….again….

I was getting excited about the dropper seat pin for £65, then said to myself ‘you get what you pay for’. Was considering the reverb 4 until I trawled through this:
    http://www.mtbr.com/cat/controls/seatpost/rockshox/reverb/prd_453150_141crx.aspx

I really do want a dropper post, but it would appear they all go pear-shaped after a very short period….and aint cheap?

Apologies for potentially repeating what has been, but I’m essentially a newbie to dropper seat pins.

Perhaps I should go for the FOX and ‘Fender’ combo 😛

EDIT: Sorry, I see the review isn’t for the 4

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Mines worked fine from day and had it over a year. One thing is dont over tighten the clamp on the down tube, use non slip pastse othwerwise you crush or restrict the operation.

craigxxl
    Free Member

I’ve had mine for over a year now and after bleeding it during installation I haven’t had to touch it. When you read through most of the complaints it’s not the air leak problem but the fact you have to bleed it. Early batches had a problem with the hose that was fitted and it was changed quite soon and very few UK models came with the hose. Other problems have included the vunerable barb on the post which has now been replaced too. The air seal which is probably the most serious problem has also been revised. I would expect the volume of units sold compared to those returned to be less than 5%. Like all early adoptors of new tech they will incur teething problems and SRAM have stood behind the product fixed all the problems.
    Buying one now should be pretty much risk free but still expect to bleed it like you would with brakes. If you’re not prepared to do that stick to cable versions which all have their problems too.

LoveTubs
    Free Member

Cheers for the advice, bleeding no probs so reverb 4 it is then.

kiwifiz
    Free Member

LT I’m selling mine via this link in the classifieds….30.9 420 left hand 2012. email in profile.

reverb FS

chives
    Free Member

Can anyone tell me what the distance is be from the centre of the seat rails to the where the top of the seat clamp is (for the 125mm travel reverb) at full extension? I looked on the SRAM site, but couldn’t find that info?

Cheers.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘The Reverb 4 (I appreciate it's BD2D, but…..)’ is closed to new replies.