Viewing 5 posts - 81 through 85 (of 85 total)
  • The return to MTB’ing – on the cheap
  • rickonwheels
    Free Member

@nathb

How did you route your dropper on the bizango? Through the seat tube rubber grommet and under the BB up?

Sorry, only just saw this – not sure I fully follow what you mean?

Both the droppers that I had on there (one reverb and one cable-operated K-Ten), were external, and the cable/hose connects under the seat, so is forced down when the seat goes down – I had them routed along the top bar, so you end up with a U-shaped bit of slack next to the seat tube when the seat is down. A photo would better show it, but I don’t have one to hand.

rickonwheels
    Free Member

@nathb

How did you route your dropper on the bizango? Through the seat tube rubber grommet and under the BB up?

Sorry, only just saw this – not sure I fully follow what you mean?

Both the droppers that I had on there (one reverb and one cable-operated K-Ten), were external, and the cable/hose connects under the seat, so is forced down when the seat goes down – I had them routed along the top bar, so you end up with a U-shaped bit of slack next to the seat tube when the seat is down. A photo would better show it, but I don’t have one to hand.

nathb
    Free Member

Cheers @rickonwheels – I went for an internal dropper, but figured it out now.

Trying not to spend anymore money on this temporary bike but I’m quite intrigued by making it tubeless now 😆 £30 for a stans kit…

nathb
    Free Member

Bit of an update.

The guy had the fork at a crazy psi of 120+ and the tyres were 40psi (immediately changed to 20) – not sure it ever saw mud!

Played around with the fork last weekend and ended up at 83 psi with 28mm of sag (130mm travel), not had a chance to really test the fork yet as I’ve broken a few toes.

Got a Bedgebury membership so hoping to head there at least every other weekend, may go out on Saturday afternoon (gingerly) – anyone else around?

As for the FS Norco I’m not sure that I want to give Mr Ashley any of my money?!

andreasrhoen
    Free Member

Great!

Yes – without “sag” the fork won’t work really…

Tyres: for your tyre size those 20 psi might be a bit low.

For your “next year bike to do list”:

not urgent: small service on your fork. Maybe some friends are able to help you with that next year. You don’t have to take the fork out of the frame for that.

Some PM600 grease onto the upper (stanchion-) foam rings and upper seals plus the specified fork-oil into the lowers. Makes the fork wonderful plush. There are some youtube videos how to do it – but better do with a friend who knows this stuff.

20 min … 30 min work …

Viewing 5 posts - 81 through 85 (of 85 total)

The topic ‘The return to MTB’ing – on the cheap’ is closed to new replies.