Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • the real derby… forecast and spoiler
  • mikewsmith
    Free Member

At least 2 reds nufc to come through in the end (I hope)

rudebwoy
    Free Member

stipes n mackems–not sure who i want, but since one side has an avowed fascist as a manager–i’ll be hoping its the stripes

paulosoxo
    Free Member

FTM.

scaredypants

paulosoxo – Member
    FTM.

“we beat the mags” was written on a wall in Stockton for about 5 years when I was younger. Presumably a ded chuffed boro fan. Was begging for “once” to be added but nobody touched it.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

I’ve seen the word 5under1and in a stack of emails this week from one if my colleagues, so we NEED to win today.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Watching on tv is actually like being there as my parents season ticket seats is next to the main camera in the east stand. Come on the toon

mikewsmith
    Free Member

and that was a goal…. even with the time delay

timc
    Free Member

Real derby??? 😆

Sausage dog keeps diving, poor Lino! Clear goal, magpies need to get Ben Arfa on the ball

scaredypants

oh, I say !!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

scaredypants

😯

kevj
    Free Member

Best team won.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

kevj – Member
    Best team won.

hardly….all against the run of play, would like a rather large local to pop onto the pitch while d’facist celebrated a kick him in the balls…
    Anyway what if JG doing playing in the back 4?
    2013/14 the season all our players are fit

timc
    Free Member

Neutral here, think Sunderland edged it for me, Newcastle plenty of ball & territory but didn’t create much, of course disallowed goal made a big difference to game

kevj
    Free Member

Mike,

Maybe against percentage possession, but they never challenged like we did. History books will record our win and Newcastle not scoring.

More of the same (I hope)

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Nice one mackems. I wonder who Pardew blaming for his ill fortunes this week then? 😀

warton
    Free Member

if Cisse’s goal stands, we win the game. IMO.

but, Sunderland took their chances, we didn’t. they were better in the first half, we were dominating the second until their goal.

now, time to book a holiday for tomorrow 🙂

mikewsmith
    Free Member

yep it’s fair play we only scored once…..

Amazed the mackems managed to stand up to the pressure really.

Anyway hope they stay up easy points next year and all that….

kevj
    Free Member

I hope we stay up too. Best game of the season. Looking forward to playing you at our place next season. Good luck with the rest of this season too.

PiknMix
    Free Member

Any team with Paulo at the helm is ok with me, fascist (or actually as it is non fascist) as he is for providing me with one of my favourite West Ham moments, he will always be a legend.

warton
    Free Member

you have to give credit to sunderland for gambling on Di Canio, much like we did with Pardew.

at the end of the day, I think there are worse teams in the league, and both clubs will stay up, which is good for the area and good for the premiership

MSP

To be a proper derby match, both teams should be from the same city, and should really be the only significant teams in that city.

So Newcastle v Sunderland doesn’t count. It is more a “not quite local” grudge match.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

To be a proper derby match, both teams should be from the same city, and should really be the only significant teams in that city.

So Newcastle v Sunderland doesn’t count. It is more a “not quite local” grudge match.

You obviously have NO idea of life up here then.

timc
    Free Member

complete bo11ox that MSP…

mikewsmith
    Free Member

MSP – Member

I Invite you to share that view in the Gallowgate end…

MSP

That’s the definition, hardly my fault if you are all so “special” that you don’t understand the definition of a “derby match”.

the term local derby, or simply just derby (/?d??bi/ or DAR-bee) means a sporting fixture between two teams from the same town or city, particularly in association football.

It may be an important match to the supporters, but that doesn’t change anything, it’s a grudge match not a derby.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

This is a list of the main sporting local derbies in the United Kingdom. There is no consensus on what counts as a derby match. The football statistician Daniel Finkelstein uses the criterion of “within 30 miles”,[1] so he classified Manchester City v Bolton Wanderers as a derby but not Manchester United v Blackburn Rovers.[2]

Wikipedia gives and Wikipedia takes away…
    From your original cropped quote

In many countries the term local derby, or simply just derby (/?d??bi/ or dar-bee) means a sporting fixture between two teams from the same town or city, particularly in association football. In North America, “crosstown rivalry” is a more common term.

Mackem

Lol

portlyone

I thought Sunderland shaded it, and given they were playing away they deserved the win.

warton
    Free Member

I thought the highlight of the day was seeing a man punch a horse, before being wrestled to the ground by two coppers.

In all my years of watching Newcastle united, I have never thought punching a horse would ease the pain of losing.

Maybe I’m doing it wrong.

ohnohesback
    Free Member

You can understand punching a horse. I’m bemused at Millwall fans piling into each other.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I thought the highlight of the day was seeing a man punch a horse, before being wrestled to the ground by two coppers.

In all my years of watching Newcastle united, I have never thought punching a horse would ease the pain of losing.

My folks were there and described it as terrible, painful and appalling. No idea what they thought about the man punching the horse just their match report…

Apparently (according to the mag) the mackems were lobbing stuff out of the visitors gallery and dropped a smoke bomb down when they scored.

MSP

Well if you think City v Bolton is a derby match, here have an apple.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

And if you think tyne wear isnt you can pop that apple somewhere dark…

pb2

You can understand punching a horse. I’m bemused at Millwall fans piling into each other.

Really, I’ve tried, I’ve tried really hard and I cannot for the life of me understand why anyone would want to punch a police horse ! I hope the fat slob gets jailed.

As for the Milwall fans piling into each other, many of them are pissed, its a big match, there are far too few Wigan fans and the ones that attend are well behaved so it shouldn’t be too much of a surprise to you — I think you need to get out a bit more 😉

freddyg
    Free Member

I thought Sunderland deserved the win.

Yes, Cisse’s goal should have stood, but Sunderland should have had two penalties and Newcastle should have had a man sent off (for the over-the-ball jobbie on Johnson)

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘the real derby… forecast and spoiler’ is closed to new replies.