Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 57 total)
  • The rarest you have seen
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I saw one of these in the window of a shop in Serre Chevalier the other day. Pretty rare, I’d say.

Only ever seen one, and this was it.

So, what about you?

juiced
    Free Member

for old – probably an old square tubed pace or an old manitou frame.
    for new – an IF

Northwind

I saw a guy up in the hills on an Activator 2 earlier this year. Can’t imagine there’s many of those left.

Alternatively, I think the Patriot Joe Barnes was racing on at innerleithen at the start of the month is the only one in the world so, I’ll go with that.

julianwilson
    Free Member

How much was it on sale for? (purely idle interest, no way i could afford one i am sure)

I suppose they were more common in the day but at a race last year I saw a Yates D.O.G.S.B.O.L.O.X, or however it is you spell it.

Oh and a mate of a mate sold his square tubed pace last year, complete with bullseye cranks. It was well mint too 😀

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Can’t remember, Julian.

But then, I had partaken of a few and saw it on the way back to my hotel!

wind-bag
    Free Member

Yates DOGSBOLLOX????

You mean a Roberts!

ton

i saw a mtb made out of berylium at a bike show a few yrs ago.

julianwilson
    Free Member

mmmm, drunk window shopping, so much safer when the shops are shut! 😀

wind-bag – Member

Yates DOGSBOLLOX????

You mean a Roberts!

I do mean a Roberts, of course. Ahem. I will sit in the retro naughty corner for 33 minutes (a minute for every year of their life, isn’t it?) and think about what I said. 😳 😳

Stoner
    Free Member

Saw a lady on a Salsa Fargo off trafalgar square the other day.

Apart from Chipps’ adventure Ive never seen one before.

Harry_the_Spider

I had a prototype Shimano 9 speed on my Scott Octane in 1996. IIRC there were only a couple of sets in the country and the lads at the LBS were very keen to have a look.

I’m nowt special by the way. I got the bike off Brant who was at MBR at the time and he had too many of them in his house so he gave one to me on loan… that Scott never asked to return.

Margin-Walker
    Free Member

dave yates Mutts nuts.

Saw a green mantis last year round rivvy and the titanium alpinestars at the Manchester Midweek race last year. Saw the raleigh dyna tech team off retro bike at Mary Townley 2 years ago.

mtbfix

I know that there are others out there but apart from one being ridden across town I cannot recall ever seeing another Dekerf out and about aside from my own.

On an old skool note, there were a few Fuquays kicking about the Ipswich area bitd but I’ve not seen one of those for years now.

bedmaker

Used to have a Litespeed Kitsuma, never seen another one before or since.
    Was a nice bike for a 26er

stoney
    Free Member

There is a Raleigh Maverick sat in our joiners w.shop….IT`s the disused “pie bike”… 🙄

And a mate on Tuesday nights has a Square tubed Pace set up a ss…but he normally rides the Yeti….. 😛

epicyclo

I’ve got a Lynskey Ti Pompino. I think it’s the only one…

(Unless there’s going to be some from Van Nics)

4ndyB
    Free Member

WTB Bon Tempe

I think there are only 2 in the country

coffeeking
    Free Member

I’ve been swimming with one of these…

Does it have to be bike related?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Flashy I hope you buyded it for me. 🙂

Mate had a borked Mountain Goat Whisky Town Racer.

Another mate’s got a proper old 80’s Sarcin somewhere. There were a lot about, but how many have survived?

I think I saw a Zinn today. Looked a bit tatty, and was being ridden away fast from the lights, but looked fat.

stevomcd
    Free Member

CFH, they had a complete bike built up on one of those frames in Twinner (now Sport 2000) in Bourg Saint Maurice 2 or 3 years ago. Stupidly light. Think it was selling for something obscene like 9000€!

walleater

My 1952 Schwinn cruiser:

My prototype Skull Skates cruiser (frame no.0000001):

My Everti titanium road bike bastardized into a funky commuter:

Hanky

My 1996 Dekerf Team is quite rare, haven’t seen another out for a long time.

psychle
    Free Member

Bow Ti?

DezB
    Free Member

My Principia Mac B ?

Used daily for dog walks…
    And to think I nearly gave it to Elfin, but he didn’t turn up that day! Phew.

oxym0r0n

Only ever seen ones of these, in Howes Cycles, Cambridge – ages ago…

shaggy

I have a Spot Brand 24″ cruiser- #1 of 6.

I’d love that WTB.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

And to think I nearly gave it to Elfin, but he didn’t turn up that day! Phew.

Did you??

So it’s technically mine, then?

Give to me it I want it is mine.

asmythe76
    Free Member

I actually witnessed someone riding an Orange 5 at CYB last weekend!! I couldn’t believe my eyes. I mean, I’ve seen loads stood up outside trail center cafes and bike shops, but actually moving………..on the trails……….unbelievable.

molgrips
    Free Member

probably an old square tubed pace

I had one of those til 2007 when it got nicked. If you see one around, RC38 hollowform forks, X-lite bar, Flite SLR saddle, Middleburn XC duo 2×9, Pauls component/dura-ace shifters.. it’s bloody well mine 🙁

phoenix
    Free Member

XTR v-brakes, does anyone else still use them? Some kid was swooning over mine on the train the other day.
    Oh that Kirk Revolution – I loved mine! Thieving barstewards…

oxym0r0n

XTR v-brakes, does anyone else still use them?

Yep – I’ve got a set from about 1999 on my commuter with SRAM 9.0 levers :-0

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

They had one of those silly space frame things in the OPs picture in Ride Cycleworks in Poole last year. Looked a bugger to clean 🙂

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

A Louis Colella FS Tandem, mid 90’s, Eston Hills. Whoever was riding it came down the DH on it. On his own.

My Tange Prestige fillet brazed Fleet, I have yet to see another.

nixon_fiend
    Free Member

I’ve seen a fair few dekerfs around, always nice to behold though.

I can think of a few frames I’ve had from nichey euro builders (i.e FRM) that I’ve never seen another of.

I saw a nice Fat Chance yo Eddy recently but the rarest I’ve seen in the flesh would have to be the Cannondale Fulcrum DH bike from 1998!

Check out those chain/links!

The one I saw was Missy Giove’s IIRC !

I also fondled Lance armstrongs old mandone, but that’s not rare (except that it featured a down tube shifter!!)

DezB
    Free Member

Did you??

So it’s technically mine, then?

Give to me it I want it is mine.

Er, no, you don’t remember it must’ve been someone else…

one_bad_mofo

Tart that I am I had Brantsupply me with a Ti Il Pompino (though the wait for it to arrive was so long that by the time I got my hands on it my employer had relocated so I couldn’t use it to commute on. A real shame really as I built it up with such tasty bits as Cook Bros E cranks and WTB Dirt Drops). In my current collection I have the first SS Roberts’ DOGSBOLX built and what I beleive is one of only two Vicious Cycles’ Groovers in the country.

racefaceec90

well back in 2003 they had a litespeed road bike in muddocks window that had been ridden by a tour de france rider (robbie meckewen i think?sorry that i spelt his name wrong 😳

ampthill

A friend has a Litespeed Sewanese, when she bought it, it was the only one of its size in Europe, brought in for her

I rememeber being amazed to see a Trimble at an event. I think it was this colour as well but with slick tyres

google found this picture in another single track thread

singlespeedstu

**** me apart from the Canondale DH bike there’s more rareness in my garage than on this thread. 😆

forge197
    Free Member

Saw two Orange 322’s today (Cathro and McGlone’s), in action and close up, look good.

tandemwarriors

Yep that Colella tandem was at a few of the NEMBAs’ too in the mid 90’s. I was about to tell you who was riding it, but its gone from my mind! It might have been Guy Kesteven?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘The rarest you have seen’ is closed to new replies.