Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 234 total)
  • The Racing Post – CX Season has begun
  • sefton
    Free Member

from Otterspool (liverpool) today – very technical course, loads of fun (just not at the time)!

simondbarnes

from Otterspool (liverpool) today – very technical course, loads of fun (just not at the time)!

For once, I actually found it fun at the time. Such an ace course!

sefton
    Free Member

who do you ride for Simon? (I used to think you where the other Simon Barnes)!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    simondbarnes

who do you ride for Simon?

Seamons CC, although their club kit is truly horrific so I race in Bikeshak or Velocake kit. What about you?

sefton
    Free Member

no one yet – thinking Horwich though

simondbarnes

They seem like a good crowd. Plenty of them race cross which is a very good thing indeed 🙂

vegasdave
    Free Member

Notts/Derby for me today at Bramcote Park. Another excellent course and glorious weather. Again!

cp

Full of a cold so missed notts and derby 🙁

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Reading was a lot muddier than these photos suggest. Really tough conditions and could have done with a few more gears at times. Mulletus Maximus of this forum is in the Andover Wheelers kit in 3rd photo and did significantly better than i did 🙁
    Didcot tomorrow, imagine it’s going to be cold, rainy and muddy.

][/url]
    rc by bmclynskey1, on Flickr[/img][/url]
    rcc21 by bmclynskey1, on Flickr[/img][/url]
    rcc8 by bmclynskey1, on Flickr[/img][/url]
    rcc3 by bmclynskey1, on Flickr[/img

oldgit
    Free Member

It was hell today

Me in red with team mates apres race

dobo
    Free Member

ah yes didcot tomorrow, never been there..hope its a technical one with less mud 🙂
    i hope my bike hasnt seized up after its quick rinse up last week at reading…

aP
    Free Member

Muddy Hell became quite muddy…
    L_L was 2nd lady in the GoRace – very pleased :o)
    Home, washed, warm – coupla pints, pizza – AllyPally tomorrow morning – nico35 rides again.

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

Looking brrrr out side.

Didcot today in the Wessex League and according to their web site it’s wet, chalky and very slippery. Should be fun. 🙂

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

Cracking race today. The course was excellent with some good technical off camber sections and punchy power climbs. The course rode really well and chalky sections made it interesting where you really had to think about your lines. Better result than last week too. Finished 12th in class and won a bottle of wine. 😀

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

NO MUD!! Loved the course at Didcot today.
    Lots of of camber chalk made it techy which made up a bit for my lack of fitness. Nice to catch up with a few of the quick lads that were lapping me on the twisty bits.

dobo
    Free Member

agree with the above, wessex didcot today was a fantastic course, could have been a total nightmare if wet but held up well.
    I’m really chuffed with my best place so far, 24th in senior! results are up.
    arrived 10 mins before the race trying to find the sign on desk, but the kind lady called the start line to say i was on my way 🙂 the off cambre twisty clay hills were interesting but had no problems but seem to mess up the same 2 climbs every lap.
    cake and tea went down well too 🙂

Margin-Walker
    Free Member

sefton – Member

no one yet – thinking Horwich though

Sefton , should come and do the Horwich CC skills sessions at the Reebok on Thursday nights- bout 15/20 turn up -2 hours. v good

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

Dobo, someone asked me where to sign near the start/ finish line. Wasn’t you was it?

dobo
    Free Member

yea i did ask for directions so quite possibly you if it was about 10 to 2pm, haha what are the chances of that..directions were spot on, thanks

traildog
    Free Member

Sefton, I can recommend Horwich. As mentioned above, try their Thursday night cross session, or say hi to one of them at the race – they’re all a friendly bunch.

Daisy_Duke
    Free Member

MuddyHell CX from Saturday night. Bit under dressed for the weather as it was bloomin freezing. Crazy event but well worth the 450mile round trip. Will be there next year…

ormondroyd
    Free Member

I live 5 minutes walk from that Reading course but unfortunately couldn’t make it.

Did my first ever CX race yesterday, though: Rode Seniors in the Rapha Cross at Alexandra Palace. Crashed and dislodged a brake lever on the 2nd lap, which took ages to sort (and I really had to sort it, I was singlespeeding so having nothing to hoik on wouldn’t have been good) so ended up finishing last of the finishers, 4 laps behind some bloke called Nick Craig.

MrAgreeable

Crashed and dislodged a brake lever on the 2nd lap

Were you on an All City Nature Boy? If so then you were going well, up to that point.

I’m pretty sure that no-one got round that course without at least one comedy dismount. I rode like a mincer, was congratulating myself for getting through it unscathed, then promptly ate tarmac at the last corner.

trickydisco
    Free Member

Western league yesterday @ Warmley bristol. 14 retirements due to mech or mech hanger issues

This happened to me on the last lap (snapped mech hanger luckily) This was my mates bike after the race

ormondroyd
    Free Member

Were you on an All City Nature Boy? If so then you were going well, up to that point.

No, I was on a Crossed-up Karate Monkey.

I rode like a mincer, was congratulating myself for getting through it unscathed, then promptly ate tarmac at the last corner.

Hah! Funny you should mention that. My *other* comedy dismount was in exactly the same spot, down out of the woods, thought I’d turn tight onto the tarmac, and washed both wheels out. Close enough to the line to hear the commentator say “oooh, that’s got to hurt on the last corner of the last lap”

MrAgreeable

Apparently every other rider was binning it there. The bloke behind me went down in exactly the same way. My team-mate also crashed there, on his practice lap.

ormondroyd
    Free Member

The Corner of Doom in the lower field seemed to be the most common crash spot. That’s the one that got me and my brake lever.

ormondroyd
    Free Member

So I’m doing Oxford at the weekend, for my second ever ‘cross race. Anyone ridden at the Oxford Brookes University course?

jumble
    Free Member

If it is the same place as last year then very flat and very open to the wind. Not technical at all. Have fun.

IdleJon

Not technical at all. Have fun.

Another way of saying that you’ll be vomming your lungs up after 10 minutes because of the pace!

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

Is there any mud? Was hoping for a technical muddy course to try out my new tubs for the first time. 🙁

Still, I tend to go quite well on these type of tracks so here’s hoping for a good result. 🙂

ormondroyd
    Free Member

Oxford today. Great fun… Very muddy indeed but it was largely very wet mud rather than chilternsy soul-sucking clag. Got utterly head to toe filthy and finished 37 out of 47 finisher in seniors. And fastest of the two singlespeeds 🙂

john_l
    Free Member

Brighton today, rain stopped & the sun came out.

No full results yet, but I’m confident I was the 1st singlespeeder 😉

sefton
    Free Member

things got muddy at Beacon Park!

rp16v
    Free Member

is it me or do u guys go throu a seriose amount of mech hangers?
    having now packed in my weekend job hopefully i can get to some events

ormondroyd
    Free Member

I don’t, I just get through a lot of meniscuses

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

Good effort ormondroyd. Saw you racing and thought fair play. It was hard enough with gears.

Loved the conditions and it made for a great race. Had a good battle all the way through the race but lost a place on the last lap but still chuffed with 6th. 🙂

Couldn’t feel my feet or hands at the end but I think that was the same with everyone.

Edit; First race on tubs too and boy are they good! No wheel spin at all and the grip was immense.

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Pretty horrendous in Oxford today. Mulletus’ face tells the story 🙂

[/url]
    IMAG1522 by bmclynskey1, on Flickr[/img][/url]
    IMAG1521 by bmclynskey1, on Flickr[/img][/url]
    IMAG1528 by bmclynskey1, on Flickr[/img][/url]
    IMAG1529 by bmclynskey1, on Flickr[/img][/url]
    IMAG1531 by bmclynskey1, on Flickr[/img][/url]
    IMAG1534 by bmclynskey1, on Flickr[/img]

barrykellett
    Free Member

Round 4 of the Ulster league yesterday for me.
    Course is reknowned for being the claggiest mulch fest of them all.
    Managed 7 of the 9 laps before throwing the towel in. The 7th lap was off the scale on unenjoyable levels where as the first 6 were superb. Lost my back brake on lap 2, gears on lap 5 and everything ground to a half on lap 7, cue exit through the tape back to the car park!

DSC04712 by stewart_mairead, on Flickr

Give me wet gloop any day over this crap

ormondroyd
    Free Member

Good effort ormondroyd. Saw you racing and thought fair play. It was hard enough with gears.

Haha, was that you who called me barmy? Fair enough if so! 😀

Here I am on about lap 2, so still relatively clean: http://www.grahamrobins.net/photos/Beeline%20Cycles%20%28Oxford%29%20Cross%202012/272.JPG.php

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 234 total)

The topic ‘The Racing Post – CX Season has begun’ is closed to new replies.