Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 79 total)
  • The price of a pint…
  • matt_outandabout

I’ve just been had for £5.30 for one pint in this here London village…

Stuff that!

I’m off to YMCA Indian hostel for what’s meant to be a fine curry now.

And no more pints. You could buy a set of brake pads for that…

Cougar

Last time I was in my local, the going rate was about £2.40.

white101

try being gluten free and paying for a beer. Its classed as premium everywhere you go. Even in Newcastle I can be paying £4.80+ for a pint (if lucky enough to get something on draught) or more likely a bottle or can.

bikebouy
    Free Member

£3.20 in my local for proper real ale, South Downs..

You can get a pint in Town (Lundun) for £2.10 if you want to drink John Smiths 🤮 Thats on the Strand too.. not some pub in Harlow.

fossy

£3.10 at the local at my caravan. Anything from £4.20 to £6 a pint in Manchester city centre. I was once warned after ordering a pint of Leffe ‘Sir, just letting you know it’s £7.20 a pint’ – I went ‘no problem, jut spent a load of cash on a ring for my wife, what’s another £7.20’.

Drac

£2.80 at my local.

Even in Newcastle I can be paying £4.80+ for a pint (if lucky enough to get something on draught) or more likely a bottle or can.

Lucky enough to get it on draught in Newcastle? There’s loads of bars selling draught beer many of them local beersv

uniqueusername

After your curry head a couple of blocks over to 128 great Portland Street, horse and groom. Pricing there should be less offensive to you. It’s a Samuel Smith pub, there are loads in the area.

fossy

Paid £6 a pint at 20 Stories bar (roof top bar) which wasn’t bad. Next day we went into a typical ‘spit and sawdust’ pub with work colleagues, £5.50. I said ‘Bloody hell, for 50p more we could have gone for a skyline view of Manchester, not a crap pub like this’.

Daffy

nothin (cider) for less than £4 within 10 miles of my home.

northernmatt

In Brewdog Lothian Rd right now, £5.60 for a pint of punk.

matt_outandabout

After your curry head a couple of blocks over to 128 great Portland Street, horse and groom.

I will declare now, the YMCA Indian Student Hostel sells a flippin’ brilliant curry. £9 all you can eat. Fixed menu midweek. School dining hall. But by heck it’s good.

Horse and Groom after then…

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Never mind beer, what about wine FFS!
    A pint of ale (very nice, can’t remember what it was) & a large Pinot for the Mrs (good swap), £5.40 in Spoons, Knaresborough.
    A large Pinot in a pub 4 miles away, £6.50.

wobbliscott
    Free Member

Pint of Timothy Taylors is £3.30 at my local. Cheaper than coffee. £5.30 in London doesn’t seem that pricy considering I was paying that 20 years ago. Upwards of £7 a pint is what i’d expect to pay if I was going out on the town in London these days.

P-Jay
    Free Member

£4 at my local for the ‘nicest looking lager on tap’.

We paid £25 for a spiced rum and coke and some kind of flavoured gin in Manchester last week at the hotel bar. If I wasn’t on expenses I would have wept.

northernmatt

Oh, also, have just back from Gran Canaria where a large glass of local fizzy cerveza was €2.50/£2.25

P-Jay
    Free Member

For reference, I worked as a Bar Man as one of my first jobs. Carling was £1.04 a pint, if you were a “flash prick” you bought Stella at £1.12.

I once witnessed a heated debate between a Carling Drinker and a “flash prick” over the merits of spending 8p a pint more on Stella because it was stronger, ended with one of the most violent clashes I’ve ever witnessed. The Landlord immediately shelved plans to introduce Red Stripe. It would have cost even more and already had a rep for Agro.

Simpler times.

fossy

Oh and don’t get me started on Schooners – seems to be the ‘thing’ in a fair few places in Northern Quarter. £5-£6 for a glass of real ale, then you realise it’s only 2/3rds

136stu
    Free Member

Stella

Otherwise known as a pint of wifebeater.

carlos
    Free Member

Dunno if I’m honest. Tend to just order, pay, drink, repeat.

I’d guess between £3.40 and £4.00 for a local brewery real ale

Mister-P
    Free Member

£3.70 for a pint of ale in my local, minus 10% with my CAMRA card.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

in Spoons, Knaresborough

Did it come with a free fight?

3.80 for black sheep or bolt maker in the village pub.
    6ish for a 175ml of red

tjagain

£4.50 + for a decent pint round here

hodgynd
    Free Member

Between £3.20 – £3.40 for a decent pint of real ale around these parts ..
    I started off young (15) when it was 12p a pint for Lorimers Scotch Ale at my local Vaux pub …
    Those were the days..😁

Kryton57

You need some er, Italian friends.   Bar I go to is £20 a round – no matter how many drinks are in it. 😀

CountZero

Price varies a lot around here, depending on the pub and the strength of the bheer.
    My regular place is always changing what’s on the pumps, a round varies between £8.50 and a bit over £9 for two pints, but they have a loyalty card, and I just carry on building up the stamps until the card’s full, like last weekend, then me and my mate had four pints for free, and I think we might get another evening of free booze this weekend.
    There’s a little micropub in town, opened in October last year, so far they’ve gone through around 220 different beers from over 100 different breweries!
    Really nice to pop in on my way home from town on a Saturday afternoon and sit with a pint and read a book, had a dark amber last Saturday, ABV 6.0, can’t remember the brewery, but it was damned good! About £4.60, I think.
    They don’t do a loyalty card, sadly.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

In Brewdog Lothian Rd right now, £5.60 for a pint of punk.

Go over the road to Spoonies, same beer is about £1.50 cheaper. Makes you think…

Hanging Bat up the road sells 2/3rds of the beer they make on-premises for £6/7 – no middleman there. Makes you think…

I make my own, £1 a litre.

singletrackmind

I make my own 40p/ltr. but thats economy of scale.

thejesmonddingo

Beer in my local is from £2.50 at 3.9% to 3.05 for 6% beers on draught,and for £5 you can buy a discount card which saves you 10% for life.Only the local Spoons are cheaper,always a draught beer at 1.99,both pubs accept Camra tokens too.

northernmatt

Go over the road to Spoonies, same beer is about £1.50 cheaper. Makes you think…

True but then I’d be funding Tim Martin’s endless Brexit BS. I’d rather burn money than do that.

timidwheeler

My regular pint in my local is £4.80.
    Worth every penny.

myti
    Free Member

Sounds pretty standard but I live in Brighton. Have paid 3.50 a half for some of the lovely new sour beers that are coming out now. They are to be sipped and appreciated rather than guzzled . Suits me as I’d rather drink less but really savour it.

Cougar

Anything from £4.20 to £6 a pint in Manchester city centre.

You can surely do better than that. What’s the damage in Sinclair’s these days, three quid?

lunge

£3 ish at my local for a good ale.
    £4.50 – £5 in central Brum for a reasonable pint of IPA.

allfankledup

team outing to brewdog in the merchant city last week – most drinks were north of a fiver

The choice was awesome though, and the food was very good so we just put up with it.. well enjoyed it actually

zzjabzz
    Free Member

Generally just stick to the guest ales in Spoons @ £2.19. Maybe drink Holts or Sam Smiths (but not in Sinclairs) in other places. Or will go in Costello’s if I go to Altrincham. Don’t normally spend over £3 for a pint. If someone asked me to pay over a fiver, I’d be leaving it on the bar and walking out of the place…

jimdubleyou

Have noticed our after work beers (City of London) have crept north of £5, even in Nicholsons.

Pint of “craft” beer near monument is near £6

Bit cheaper near home in Twickenham though…

GlennQuagmire
    Free Member

in Spoons, Knaresborough

Did it come with a free fight?

Spoons is civilised, most of the fighting is in the Harts Horns up in t’Market Place.

sargey

Bathams £2.95 a pint in my local, happy to check the quality of it after most rides.

robowns
    Free Member

I’d consider £5.30 decent – pints after work regularly £6+ nowadays (St. Paul’s/Bank).

RustySpanner

Maybe drink Holts or Sam Smiths (but not in Sinclairs) in other places.

I’ve never understood why the draft beer in Sinclair’s has always minged. It must be the busiest Sam Smiths house for miles, and it still tastes like piss.
    Their own fake Bavarian lager used to be rough too.

Don’t mind the Welly or The Mitre, but The Crown & Anchor is a class above, or below, depending on your point of view. 🙂

Holt’s innit? Peace and quiet, lots of brown, blokes in caps, a certain air of naughtyness and………

Diamond Lager!

Smells like soiled snappers soaked in nail varnish. Tastes quite nice, especially after the first couple.
    Never drink more than half a dozen at once is my advice.

It’s won medals apparently.
    **** knows what for, arrogance?

It’s the only alcoholic drink that should be classed as a halloucinogen.

Try it. 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 79 total)

The topic ‘The price of a pint…’ is closed to new replies.