• This topic has 6 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by core.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The perfect Cotic Soul set up?
  • snapperdan
    Free Member

Since building my Soul 275 up last year I’ve run three different fork lengths 140, 120 and now 130. I’ve also run a 60mm stem, a 50mm stem and a 35mm stem.

After much experimentation I reckon I’ve hit on the perfect set up for me and the type of riding I enjoy, which is rocky descents around Peak/Pennines and fast flowy trail centre stuff.

I’m just shy of 5ft9 ride a small 16 frame with 130mm forks, 750mm bars and a 35mm stem with a couple of spacers under the stem.

The 130mm fork is just right for me on the Soul, 140mm made it a bit sluggish and 120mm, while really fun on tight singletrack, didn’t quite feel stable enough for me on the long rocky downhills.

I’d be interested to hear what other people ride on their souls and what their perfect soul setup is?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

6’2″, rode a large, 50mm stem and 150mm Pikes. A great bike, but IMO lost a bit of it’s fun when the rear end was stiffened up for dropper/CEN compliance.

The MK1 Soul was just fantastic.

vincienup
    Free Member

178cm, 130mm Revs, 50mm stem and 760 bars on M Soul275. No stack spacers.

This bike works really well for me in the Peaks.

andytherocketeer

6’2.5″, 120mm rockshox something-or-other, 60mm stem, no spacers, 740mm Renthal Fatbar lite. Pre-CEN 26er. Anything wider or shorter feels like the bars are tucked under me, rather than my weight over the front.
    But I don’t do “descents” and “getting to descents”. The whole ride is the ride.

iainc

I have a Medium 26’er, one of the last lot. Am 5ft 10, long back and have 70mm stem, 720 bars, 120mm Reba Solo Air and a Reverb.

Not a bike I can see me parting with until I can’t get parts, and I have a spare new Reba for it 🙂

That said, I am currently preferring my new Anthem, but the Soul is much more practical when the weather returns to normal slop.

BigJohn

I have a Mk1 Soul (L) which I love. I have a Magura Menja 130 fork on it but it’s on its last legs (geddit). I used to have the Menja in 100mm and I went OTB a couple of times. They have a short A-C length. I’m 6′ and have a riser bar and the set-up feels just right.

Just bought a Pike this morning off the classifieds so I’ll be interested to see what difference that makes.

core

My old Souls, 26″ – 120mm reba, 70mm stem, 740mm Renthal fatbar lite, medium rise. 6ft on a large. Big tyres.

My new Soul 275 – 120mm reba, 70mm stem, 740mm Renthal fatbar lite, medium rise. 6ft on a large. Big(ish) grippy(ish) tyre on front, 2.1″ fast rolling tyre on the back, straight Thomson post, optional crank bros underlever dropper.

Works well for me, efficient, playful, predictable, fun, reasonably light.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘The perfect Cotic Soul set up?’ is closed to new replies.