Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • The owls are not what they seem.
  • bananaworld
    Free Member

That is all.

fadda

The ones in the churchyard behind us were, last night.

RichPenny
    Free Member

Sometimes my arms bend back

roper
    Free Member

Twit

twang
    Free Member

I'm an owl and I'm my usual hooty self

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

How bizarre – we were kept awake most of last night by one of the hooting bas***ds – is it some sort of nocturnal avian conspiracy ? Now where did I leave that tinfoil hat?

druidh
    Free Member

Ok Bob?

avdave2

RichPenny I think you,ll find it's semitemos ym smra dneb kcab.

YoungDaveriley
    Free Member

I think Rich has been watching his Twin Peaks videos/DVDs.

Reluctant
    Free Member

New. Shoes.

or how about – "They have eyes at the end of their fingers!"

MrGreedy

Twoo

(@ roper, obviously)

prettygreenparrot

every day, once a day, give yourself a treat. Don't plan it. Don't wait for it. just…let it happen

metalheart
    Free Member

I think Rich has been watching his Twin Peaks videos/DVDs.

My thoughts also.

See season 2 finally gets released in March. :mrgreen:

domino

Season 2 in March? Thanks for that, been wondering when that would come out.

CountZero

“Great pie!"

YoungDaveriley
    Free Member

Damn fine coffee.

MrNutt
    Free Member

Damn fine coffee.

RichPenny
    Free Member

I've had season 2 since last year, got the big gold box set thing. I watched it all over 4 days I think, total immersion is required. Simply the greatest TV series ever made, even with all the flaws.

metalheart
    Free Member

RichPenny: what is this

big gold box set thing

of which you speak?

bananaworld
    Free Member

This was indeed a thinly veiled attempt to provoke Twin Peaks conversation (well done, RichP, you win a piece of fresh huckleberry pie!)

I've recently started watching it properly for the first time (now part way into Series 2, so no spoilers please peeps…!) and it is indeed the best thing I've seen on telly, ever. It as everything from silly slapstick to dark, dark weirdness and it's truly brilliant.

May the Maker (there's an ultra-tenuous/geeky reference right there) strike me down for being so shallow but, hot-diggity-darnit, some of the ladies in that show are beautiful.

metalheart
    Free Member

Okay, just found it. Does it have anything extra (I already have season 1)

13thfloormonk

Boo, and there was me thinking you were talking about Gormenghast and the death owls, what a way to go… 😯

bananaworld
    Free Member

I think it includes 'the movie' which is the feature-length Series 1 pilot but with a spoiler ending. I might be wrong, but the word on the street is NOT to watch it until you've watched everything else.

Sorry, Monk, low-brow all the way here… 😀

metalheart
    Free Member

I watched it all at the time.

Never understood why they've taken so long to release season 2.

Definitely one of the best TV series ever. Up there with the Prisoner.

RichPenny
    Free Member

Lots of extra stuff, feature length documentary, lynch and others discussing the series, deleted scenes, footage from the Twin Peaks festival 🙂

I don't remember a spoiler at the end of the pilot on this series. Not watched it for a while though.

metalheart
    Free Member

Right… If its crap and I'm going to come down and punch you on the nose. 😯
    Actually I wont, its too far…

ivantate
    Free Member

I was thinking the burrowing owls like off of the telly this morning, think they live in south america and live down holes in the ground.

13thfloormonk

Bananaworld, there was nothing high brow about taking the best part of two years to stone my way through the entire trilogy… 🙄

bananaworld
    Free Member

Have you been drinking, Ivan…?

And Monk, two years?!? Did you have to mouth the words as you followed them with your finger? 😉

RichPenny
    Free Member

Heh, good man. Next time I watch it, I'm going to cram it into a weekend. I swear you start hallucinating partway through season two 🙂 S1 is beautifully crafted, whereas S2 is just utterly surreal in comparison.

13thfloormonk

Haha, factor in a couple of false starts when I got 100 pages in then gave up…

plus it didn't actually take two years, but lets not start some STW style willy waving about reading speeds! 😀

bananaworld
    Free Member

Wouldn't dream of it! But if we are going down that road: I must admit to having to follow the words as I read, but not with my finger…

afmell
    Free Member

Talking of hallucinations – I remember going to a 24hr Twin-Peakathon where they showed all the episodes back to back over 24 hours in a cinema near Leicester Square. Great fun, different parts of the crowd cheering different characters in the credits (yes, they showed all the credits after each episode). Hearing the theme tune that many times does send you a bit loopy after a while 😯

We were allowed a 20 minute break to run across the road for burger every 4 hours or so – glad I didn't have to clear up after we left, the popcorn must have been nearing waist height 😀

diggers
    Free Member

The euro pilot had a spoiler ending I think.

ivantate
    Free Member

Hadnt been drinking, do a search…….

chakaping
    Free Member

See season 2 finally gets released in March.

About time too!

My wife still doesn't know who killed Laura Palmer.

noteeth
    Free Member

Best TV series and soundtrack, ever.

Addicted to it as a kid. The woods – any woods – were never the same again. Theme tune plays in my head everytime I go for a ride in the witching hour.

Pook

mornington crescent!

bananaworld
    Free Member

But Pook, by which strategy did you arrive there??

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘The owls are not what they seem.’ is closed to new replies.