Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • The other Jack Flash…25th Anni version
  • cjr61

Have we done this yet??

I know the 29er version was discussed a week or so ago and definitely not a jump bike.

These for £200 look like it could be fun!

https://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/FRPXJF25/planet-x-jack-flash-25-year-anniversary-first-born-edition-frame

happybiker
    Free Member

PX must have lost a batch of these 25 years ago and someone’s just discovered them.

cjr61

🤣

Tim
    Free Member

Did they put the decals on the 29er by mistake? 🙂

Rubber_Buccaneer

Did they put the decals on the 29er by mistake?

Or was it just a primer to get some discussion going before launching these frames (more usually seen as part of a £99 BSO)?

squirrelking
    Free Member

That looks far more like it! Tapered tube but a sliding dropout would make it the whole package.

rOcKeTdOg

PX must have lost a batch of these 25 years ago and someone’s just discovered them.

Tapered head tube though

stevextc
    Free Member

These for £200 look like it could be fun!

Yep £200 for a frame and £200 top have a custom one-off mech hangar made for when it breaks ?

bigginge

As you can currently get these (unfinished) for £99 I was wondering if anyone had given them a try out yet?

https://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/FRPXJF25DRAW/planet-x-jack-flash-25-year-anniversary-disc-frame-raw

I’ve half been thinking about transplanting most of the bits from my old 26″ full suspension bike to a dirt jumper for a while now and these seem quite tempting at the price; not too sure how well I’d get one with it at 6′ 2″ though.

dirkpitt74

I’ve got one of the raw frames – not built it up yet though as SJS sent me the wrong headset…..
    Reach seems decent though – 435 according to the geo chart.

TheBrick
    Free Member

Very tempted. Trying to find some reasonable price (non xc) 100-120mm 27.5 forks any ideas?

nixie

@bigginge I had one back in the day, 16″ iirc, that I used for XC. At 6’2″ it was a bit on the smaller side but I managed to ride it comfortably with a very long seatpost.

I’m half tempted to buy one and SS it.

sharkattack

Should have stayed in the 90’s. Way too many much nicer options out there for not much more money.

bigginge

@sharkattack any particular recommendations to look out for? My jump bike knowledge isn’t the most comprehensive.

jam-bo

15yrs later and I’m still annoyed about my original jack flash getting stolen.

sharkattack

@sharkattack any particular recommendations to look out for? My jump bike knowledge isn’t the most comprehensive.

I’m no expert but I always tell people to start browsing here…

https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/list/?category=3

You’ll quickly get an idea of the things that you like the look of. It’s just personal taste but I much prefer slim, clean, steel frames for this kind of bike. Fat alloy tubes and multiple gussets just brings back bad memories of fragile MTB’s trying to be something they’re not.

I’m sure it would be fine really. My days of jumping off bus shelters and doing stair trannys is in the distant past.

lardman
    Free Member

@jam-Bo

jam-bo
    15yrs later and I’m still annoyed about my original jack flash getting stolen.

you can always just buy my new one!

MTB like a BMX, BMX like an MTB

jam-bo

i don’t want another one. it’d be shit.

just like I miss my old nova GTE. the nostalgia is far better than the reality…

petrieboy

Has anyone got one of these built up yet? Can anyone recommend an inexpensive headset to use with a straight steerer??

dirkpitt74

@petrieboy one of these should do it:

Brand-X 44-56IISS Sealed Headset – 1 1/8 Inch

Not got round to building mine up yet – been sorting the workshop, but I’ve got the tapered version of the above headset.

petrieboy

Perfect cheers dirkpitt74

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘The other Jack Flash…25th Anni version’ is closed to new replies.