Viewing 7 posts - 81 through 87 (of 87 total)
  • The Orient – Racist?
  • chewkw
    Free Member

bwaarp – Member

I think you use the term “maggots” as a way to dehumanize others and place yourself on a pedestal.

I don’t want to sound arrogant but yes it is exactly as it is you finally get it.

Think about it. I am fair and I treat everyone equally as maggot so what wrong with me being the Dearest of the Dear?

Generally when I’m taking the piss out of human kind it’s because I’m suffering from a massive sense of disappointment with the intellectual ability of my peers, with you I sense something different entirely.

You being a human/maggot mechanic (studying to be a doctor) does not lend you or your friends the ability to think above the realm of maggot put it this way, hence your disappointment when your peers because they are all mechanic. My friend is a car mechanic – he sometime repairs cars but he does not know understand why some people prefer to cycle instead.

perthmtb
    Free Member

I think you use the term “maggots” as a way to dehumanize others and place yourself on a pedestal.

Generally when I’m taking the piss out of human kind it’s because I’m suffering from a massive sense of disappointment with the intellectual ability of my peers, with you I sense something different entirely.

Bwaarp, you may not agree with the way chewkw sees the world, but from my time in China I can tell you that its typical of the perspective of most there.

So, you may as well learn to live with it, because when China is the new superpower, the UK may well become a small colony of it, and chewkw or someone like him could well be the Beijing appointed Governor. And then he’ll be putting up signs in Hyde Park saying “No Brits or Dogs allowed”, just like the British Governor put up in Hong Kong saying “No Chinese or Dogs Allowed” a hundred years ago.

Finally, for a Brit to say to someone Chinese that they

dehumanize others and place yourself on a pedestal

is supremely ironic, and shows an amazing naiveté about the history of interaction between the two countries 😆

bwaarp
    Free Member

Perth, wrong topic Chewkw refers to everyone as maggots on quite a regular basis.

I don’t buy that we’ll all be under the thumb of the Chinese either

1) The worlds warming up, northern rim countries will be the predominant global powers in 50 to 100 years time. Russia, Scandinavia and Canada etc.

2) The west has a culture of anti-establishment thinking which tends to lend itself to creative thinking.

3) I see China becoming internally unstable as the middle classes gain more power.

bwaarp
    Free Member

You being a human/maggot mechanic (studying to be a doctor) does not lend you or your friends the ability to think above the realm of maggot put it this way, hence your disappointment when your peers because they are all mechanic. My friend is a car mechanic – he sometime repairs cars but he does not know understand why some people prefer to cycle instead.

Now your just being willfully ignorant, you don’t or want to attempt to understand the world around you so you profess that those who are much better educated than you don’t know what they are talking about or understand the world around them.

What’s wrong with putting yourself on a pedestal above the rest of humanity? It makes you crassly arrogant.

perthmtb
    Free Member

Perth, wrong topic Chewkw refers to everyone as maggots on quite a regular basis.

I wondered where that had come from – thought Chewkw had done a ninja edit (racist pun intended 😉 ). Anyway, can’t comment on anything he’s said on other threads, but his comments on this thread still ring true with my experience…

I don’t buy that we’ll all be under the thumb of the Chinese either

Now there I actually agree with you, but not for the reasons you gave. My doomsday scenario earlier was just a bit of baiting. Personally, I think the main reason China won’t subjugate the rest of the world even when it has the power to do, is the flip side of its supreme arrogance – it doesn’t think we’re worthy of it!

Look back in history, even when it was the superpower for centuries, it didn’t have any aggressive expansionist ambitions, unlike western dynasties like the Greeks, Romans, Portuguese, Brits, Germans, French, Americans etc. etc. As long as no-one challenges it, China has always shown itself willing to live and let live. Its difficult for us westerners to understand that, as we’ve been taught that aggression and taking whats not yours are natural (even desireable) human traits, but that’s not what Chinese culture teaches.

With which, I’ll have to bow out – its gone midnight here and time for me to sleep as I’ve got to throw my leg over tomorrow (the bike, you sickos 🙄 )

bwaarp
    Free Member

Also I’d like to point out that average IQ doesn’t tell the whole story (not to mention the criticisms of IQ testing)….does China/Japan have a higher amount of people at the genius end of the normal distribution curve? It could be that they just have more people clustered around their higher average. What makes me say this is that Britain for example has supposedly the highest amount of recognized living geniuses per captia – although I’m not sure about the veracity of this claim.

konabunny
    Free Member

This thread is like a transcript of discussion in the smoking room of Raffles in about 1932.

Viewing 7 posts - 81 through 87 (of 87 total)

The topic ‘The Orient – Racist?’ is closed to new replies.