Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 436 total)
  • The Olympics
  • OmarLittle
    Free Member

Missed this last night as i changed stream at the finish of the game but pretty special celebration from Fiji! https://streamable.com/egw2

Kryton57

After all, only one cyclist does the whole race!

He couldn’t win if he wasn’t being towed by the other 2 for 2/3rds of the race. Besides, it’d just be a solo sprint…

DezB
    Free Member

Have to say thats a bit of a joke.

I think jambalaya was referring to his previous paragraph.

Only managed to watch the final this morning. Team GB did amazingly well to get to the final (especially considering how average the England team were last season) – but playing to get there took too much out of them, I reckon.
    Silver is damn good considering the opposition. Much enjoyed beating SA in the semi 🙂

jimjam
    Free Member

theotherjonv

Sadly two more ‘drugs’ expulsions overnight. A bulgarian runner for EPO (although b sample still TBC) and bizarrely, a Kenyan coach for impersonating an athlete. Apparently he ‘borrowed’ a pass so he could get a free breakfast, and while doing so was stopped for a random drugs test. Which he promptly took.

Meanwhile, Team USA’s male gymnasts are clean as a whistle.

slowoldman

He couldn’t win if he wasn’t being towed by the other 2 for 2/3rds of the race. Besides, it’d just be a solo sprint…
    …and it only counts as one on the medal table.

scotroutes

Kryton57 – Member
    He couldn’t win if he wasn’t being towed by the other 2 for 2/3rds of the race. Besides, it’d just be a solo sprint.

So Froome didn’t win the TDF? After all, it’s the work of a team that gets him there.

aracer
    Free Member

Don’t be silly. The GB 7s players have been training just as hard as the competitors in any other sport, otherwise they wouldn’t have made it to the final. Plenty of other Olympians who only got selected for the games a few months ago (and plenty of others sitting at home who didn’t get selected but have been training just as hard).

Yeah, and the relays teams (swimming, athletics) shouldn’t get any medals as none of them do the whole race

Rockape63
    Free Member

So Froome didn’t win the TDF? After all, it’s the work of a team that gets him there.

Good point! 🙂

True, but its like pace makers in running races….they don’t get the world record! 😉

aracer
    Free Member

It’s not quite the same – there’s a reason you’re not allowed pacemakers to take the individual pursuit world record, but you are for the 1500m running world record (to take the most physiologically similar events).

Nor does Froome get his team to ride in front of him for the ITTs.

NZCol

Jess Ennis. Lovely.

aracer
    Free Member

Fixed, sorry.

aracer
    Free Member

Oh, yeah and as just pointed out on another thread, only 3 medals for the TP – Wiggins doesn’t deserve one because he didn’t finish

timidwheeler

Another gold! Go girls.

theotherjonv

And the boys 4 too!

donald
    Free Member

Women’s 10 thousand metres!

I’m not sure I believe that.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Men’s 4, Gold.

taxi25
    Free Member

I’m not sure I believe that.

I’m very much in the innocent untill proven guilty camp, but…………………………….

POSTED 4 MINUTES AGO # REPOR

surfer
    Free Member

That was a staggering 10k!

breatheeasy
    Free Member

I’m very much in the innocent untill proven guilty camp, but…………………………….

Mmm, yes, 25 years old but only second time running that distance on a track?

dirtyrider
    Free Member

Ross Tucker in Twitter is great for analysis on these things

theotherjonv

KJT can jump pretty high……..

[edit] VERY high… new British record

surfer
    Free Member

Mmm, yes, 25 years old but only second time running that distance on a track?

Thats not significant lots of athletes run well or even their best times very soon into a new event. She will have ran many miles at that pace over and under distance.

lazybike
    Free Member

Crowd seems a bit sparse..

Rockape63
    Free Member

Oh, yeah and as just pointed out on another thread, only 3 medals for the TP – Wiggins doesn’t deserve one because he didn’t finish

I wasn’t being serious ……forgot the winkie! 😉

tails
    Free Member

That horse dancing that was just on, how do they train a horse to dance??

slowoldman

They love it, they’re naturals and always at it when they think no-one is watching.

seosamh77
    Free Member

what happened in the 10k?

tails
    Free Member

New world record by a fair margin

Junkyard
    Free Member

broke WR[23 yr old by an admitted doper] by 17 seconds and set a new olympic record for her last 5 km – ie that was run faster than any olympic 5k ever even though it was the second 5 k of 10k

seosamh77
    Free Member

cheers, I’ll look it up and watch later. 🙂

seosamh77
    Free Member

this gimpy walking isn’t half the most ridiculous olympic sport! 😆

Rockape63
    Free Member

Admitted doper?

Explain?

aracer
    Free Member

The previous record holder

peteimpreza

GB Mens Team Pursuit in to gold medal final with new world record

bikebouy
    Free Member

Nicks got Silver in the windsurfing.

aracer
    Free Member

He had a pretty bad day today though, and also most of yesterday – was in gold medal position yesterday morning and still in contention this morning. I suspect he’s kind of disappointed with that.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Well done to Andy Murray – into the finals. Nice/odd to see him looking smart on court too instead of someone who just bought a sports direct starter pack.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Rafa v Del Potro in an epic

Great to see them both back

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Golf can **** right off out of the Olympics.

Why isn’t squash in there?

FWIW, I gather they’re thinking about including such asshattery as surfing and skateboarding in future iterations. There’s no way either of those should be included before squash. Or tiddlywinks, even.

Junkyard
    Free Member

One of those they are all pros now but certain sports are so far from the olympic ethos it makes a mockery. Golf, basketball, football – though they do make them use youth teams etc…cycling is probably pretty close as well especially the road race and the TT as they are also pros
    Tennis as well

Cmon Team UK cycling as its team pursuit time and probably another world record

Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 436 total)

The topic ‘The Olympics’ is closed to new replies.