Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)
  • The Official PS3 Thread
  • PlopNofear
    Free Member

So making this thread for us gamers to gather and talk about stuff.

I’m mainly on COD:MW2 or Black Ops

Im currently playing Batman Arkham:Asylum.

What have you been playing recently?
    What would you recommend?
    Anyone got Playstation Move?

Add me on PSN if you want: plopnofear

molgrips
    Free Member

I’m currently playing nothing, my PS3 is at home. I WAS playing Bioshock 2 (rubbish) and GT5 (ace).

Creg

Currently have a number of games on the go in differing stages of completion: Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas, GT5, GTA4, Assassins Creed, MGS4, Bioshock, Heavy Rain.

Don’t do online gaming due to poor internet connection speeds. Not interested in the Move system.

Looking forward to Brink coming out in a few weeks.

TheFlyingOx

Just working through B Spec GT5, seeing as there apparently some rather tasty cars there for the taking. It’s ace, cos I can set ‘I. Dickson’ off racing and come back half an hour later with the cash in the bank, whilst I do more constructive things.

PSN ID: TheMightyO

Milkie
    Free Member

Playing BlackOps, most nights 10-12, usually me and a mate on a team, more than welcome to join us! Also have the bluetoof headset, but doesn’t really get used as my mate is in the next room. Favourite levels are Summit, Firing Range, Nuketown & Stadium, favourite weapon is Famas with silencer.

PSN: MilkieDJ

I have GT5, but rarely play it as it gives me headaches. I recommend MotorStorm, when it comes out, previous ones were quite mental and had a good soundtrack. NFSHP is also pretty good.

jon1973
    Free Member

Still dip in to COD MW now and then, but I’m playing The Need For Speed – Hot Pursuit at the moment, which is a cracking game. Very much an arcade feel to it, and great on line against your mates.

I have GT5 as well, but haven’t played for a while – will get back into that soon I imagine.

PSN name JonnyC1973

PeaslakeDave
    Free Member

i bought assasins creed 2 off my friend but got GT5 withdrawal syptoms before i completed it and now i don’t know what to play

kimbers

have only had mine a few months, but loving batman arkham asylum
    have you see this…
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-V1ZF5cNYCs[/video]

and right now its command and conquer red alert 3, but im dreadful !!

not gone online yet im shockingly bad

TatWink
    Free Member

Addicted to mw2 in a big way – couldnt get on with black ops. Also dabble with gt5, fifa 11 and f1 2010.

budfudlacker is my psn name. Be afraid if I’m in your lobby in mw2……;-)

PlopNofear
    Free Member

Oh really? 🙄 Whats your Kill Death Ratio and Rank. I should have put that in my first post.

I’m 70 10th Prestige 1.92 KD – MW 2 (Legit)
    Low levels 2nd Prestige 2.4 KD – Black Ops

TatWink
    Free Member

Ha ha that is impressive! (Please note the addition of a wink)

KD 1.43
    Accuracy 21.75
    5th prestige and have stayed there ages as I cant be arsed going round again!!!!

Dont do black ops – too shonky.

Drac

Not really playing any at the moment, GT5 I played but stopped as never had much time to get into it, went back to Black Ops for a bit playing the ones such as Stick and Stones. Waiting for Portal 2 which is due out in about 2 weeks now.

PlopNofear
    Free Member

I can’t wait for Portal 2 either, have you seen the latest trailers they are pretty good. I’ll probably get Portal 2 for PC though.

LMT
    Free Member

Currently have the following on the go:

AC3 – Currently loving this, great visuals and gameplay
    NFS:Shift 1 – yep i know the new one is out, but for £5 thought would give it a go
    Lego Star Wars 3 – a game my OH will play as well.

Looking forward to Uncharted 3, and Batman AC and Gears of War 3 (xbox sorry!!)

Drac

I can’t wait for Portal 2 either, have you seen the latest trailers they are pretty good. I’ll probably get Portal 2 for PC though.

Yeah it’s looking good, get it for the PS3 as it comes with a PC copy it’s the first game to start using Steam Cloud with PS3 and PC link.

Drac

For Science!

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSHfl0gW0XA[/video]

PlopNofear
    Free Member

get it for the PS3 as it comes with a PC copy

That’s awesome, definately have to get it now 🙂

Dansk1

Still dipping into GT5, done all the easy stuff and can’t face grinding the later A-spec race series. Got a bit disillusioned when I realised the B-spec boys were now way better than I’ll ever be.

PSN ID: Danski_UK

I have a few B-spec drivers on standby if anybody wants to race theirs against them.

Creg

Ah forgot about Portal 2!

Can’t wait for that to come out, looks brilliant

jon1973
    Free Member

NFS:Shift 1 – yep i know the new one is out, but for £5 thought would give it a go

You can’t go wrong for a fiver. The new one is fantastic though, and on Amazon for £20 (I paid £35 👿 )

PeaslakeDave
    Free Member

plopnofear – from what i’ve read you seem to be in absence of a copy of GT5! am i right? if so pick up a copy or maybe try and borrow it? i could possibly give you a race.

PlopNofear
    Free Member

^Nah, once I’ve completed Batman I will get a new game. You can only play one game at a time. 🙂

afrothunder88

You can’t go wrong for a fiver. The new one is fantastic though, and on Amazon for £20 (I paid £35

I can only see it for £38? Definately on Amazon?

jon1973
    Free Member

I can only see it for £38? Definately on Amazon?

Intersting, it’s on there now at £29 + p&p. It’s gone up since last week, I put my brother on to it and he got a copy for £20….

Sorry.

GW
    Free Member

I finally finished Black-ops campaign a couple of nights ago.. only took me 5 months. just started online, total noob and shit against all the higher ranked players. still got COD4 and the first RESISTANCE to open for a new FPS.. decisions 😉
    for Racing even after a year or so I’m still playing MX Vs ATV Reflex quite a bit.. only recently got an HD TV and it’s so much better game in HD and I’m actually getting pretty good at it now – pity the online racing loby hardly ever works properly! Haven’t played GT5 in ages. Thought Modnation racers would be great fun with 4 controllers but all the kids want to do is design crap tracks and dress up their characters 🙄
    For an Action Adventure kinda thing, I just got back into Batman Arkham Asylum and am quite enjoying it again .. just started playing Tombraider Underworld last week too (looks a good game but I think I’ll try and get through Arkham before getting right into it). still got the first Assasin’s Creed to open too.
    For footy.. PES still is and has always been the one for me, I’m pretty s**t at it and the new PES2011 control system makes streetfighter’s special moves seem easy but this game is amazing!
    I’m not really too into straight platformers (or platform adventures) but the kids are playing LBP2 and it TBH looks pretty amazing.. and Lego Harry Potter seems like it’d be alright for grown ups too (for a Lego game)
    does anyone else have motion controllers? We’ve got 3 and the gun attachment but the games all seem pretty lame so far.. especially interested in how Killzone3 plays with motion controllers.

You can only play one game at a time.

funny you should say that, when GT5 came out load times were so bad I’d sometimes play my daughters DS inbetween races 😆

Jackass123456789
    Free Member

I am hooked on Mass Effect 2, something like 50 hours in now and still a fair bit to go + I downloaded the ‘Arrival’ addon last week so will give that a go.

Also playing Shift 2 with a Logitech GT wheel and pedals, seems good and enjoying it although not got really into it just yet, that will come.

PlopNofear
    Free Member

funny you should say that, when GT5 came out load times were so bad I’d sometimes play my daughters DS inbetween races

I don’t blame you, I’m quite impartial to playing my DS.

PeaslakeDave
    Free Member

you are meant to download the content onto the hard drive to speed the loading times up.

jon1973
    Free Member

you are meant to download the content onto the hard drive to speed the loading times up

Still seems to take bloomin ages to load a game.

PlopNofear
    Free Member

Which PS3 version do you have? Slim or Phat, they had different hard drives.

GW
    Free Member

Sorry to blow your theory but I have both it makes **** all difference..

and I did DL it all to HD on both ;).

jon1973
    Free Member

Which PS3 version do you have?

I’ve got a 250Gb slim

PlopNofear
    Free Member

The new portal trailer.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wX9Sc88qreg[/video]

this_wreckage
    Free Member

Feel free to add me. Playing a bit of PES2011 lately but also been playing KZ3 a fair bit, though not online yet as I’m rubbish and don’t want the humiliation of being smashed by a load of pre-pubescents!

Very, very much can’t wait for Portal 2, pre ordered it weeks ago!!

monkfish
    Free Member

can’t seem to get past blops. I have Assassins Creed II, MOH, BFBCII all unopened

PeaslakeDave
    Free Member

aparantly PSN got hacked so it will be down for a few days but i havn’t looked to see if it is true. what happens when you try to sign in?

PlopNofear
    Free Member

You get an error code. Anonymous the group of hackers known for several DDOS (Distributed Denial of Service) have hacked the PSN, because the guy Geo-Hotz who hacked the PS3 to get Custom Firmware is getting brought to court.

jon1973
    Free Member

aparantly PSN got hacked so it will be down for a few days but i havn’t looked to see if it is true.

There is some info here;

Playstation Network suspended ‘for day or two’

tumnurkoz
    Free Member

Down for ‘maintenance’ mmm, maybe.
    Sent black ops back and used the money to get Medal of Honour Tier 1. Still playing that and Bad Company 2. Looking forward to Bad Company3. Killzone 3 was mental with Move controllers! I would like to play with the move sharpshooter controller in a FPS, looks pretty cool (and geeky!)

just want to log in again…

PlopNofear
    Free Member

just want to log in again…

Looks like someone is getting withdrawal symptoms 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘The Official PS3 Thread’ is closed to new replies.