Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • The official Glasgow STW Riders Pub Night Discussion Thread etc
  • BoardinBob

Let’s get pissed!

Right, a few folk expressed interest so lets do this and get dates/ venue sorted. Any weekend is good for me apart from the last weekend in March.

Who’s in?

coffeeking
    Free Member

I’d certainly consider it, though I’d have to be a “may be turning up” because my weekends are constantly in flux due to living half a country away from my family and March is birthday time!

BoardinBob

C’mon.

We’re supposed to be a nation of alcoholics!

Drac

coffeeking
    Free Member

I’m not a Scot, though I’ll do my best to make up for that 🙂

mema
    Free Member

I can’t do next weekend or the last weekend in March. Im a weegie and a student so I can drink my fair share! In town or in shawlands?

BoardinBob

Town probably.

Westenders would get a nose bleed if they had to go south of the river 😉

coffeeking
    Free Member

I’ll have to vacate for the last train out north too, living 10 miles out makes for difficult drinkies!

mema
    Free Member

last train looser!

coffeeking
    Free Member

spelling mistake loser!

mema
    Free Member

As I said I am a student!
    How about meeting in bar republic type place?

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

i’ll be up for it. Merchant City? Pretty central for all.

finners

anybody near dundee?

BoardinBob

How about the first Saturday in March (the 7th)?

mrmojo
    Free Member

I’d be for that … Merchant anywhere central.

mrmojo
    Free Member

I’ll say that awe again ,, I’d be up for a night out Merchant City or anywhere central.

mrmojo
    Free Member

If it’s an open book like ??

Frisky
    Free Member

Gay

BoardinBob

central probably be easier if folk need to get trains etc.

mrmojo
    Free Member

afternoon sess or night if people need to get rains etc ?

allyharp

Merchant City… Republic Biere Hall… All expensive places compared to my local haunts! 😯

son-of-mike
    Free Member

Saturday 7th works for me, as does Friday 13th (or is that tempting fate?).

Evening is better than afternoon for me.

Location: city centre’s fine. Mono, 13th Note or Blackfriars would get my vote but I’m easy, as long as it’s not too townie/fighty.

MikeT-23
    Free Member

Which bars do the nicest shandies?

Gary_M
    Free Member

I’d like to come along but I’m just not sure that meeting strangers off the internet is my cup of tea. How on earth would I explain to my wife that I’m going to meet a bunch of folk from an internet forum in a pub. How would we identify each other, it could be awkward, particularly in Blackfriars. I don’t know, I’m just not sure I want to commit to such geekiness. I do like a beer though.

Beagleboy

I live and ride in Stirlingshire, but I work in the West End. Do I count? How would we identify each other? Do we have to go into a pub in Glasgow dressed in Lycra? 😯
    I like cheap pubs, they match my character better, oh and the 13th is m’birthday! 😆

allyharp

13th Note sounds more like it, Mike!

son-of-mike
    Free Member

Gary_M – a bit weird I grant you and it’s not everyone’s cup of tea but it’s social networking 21st century style! Much better, in my experience, to make a real connection with people.

Fair do’s, you might not get on with someone you meet but you might also make some new friends (absolutely not suggesting that your life isn’t choc-full with lots of friends already, just saying that meeting new people can be enriching).

BoardinBob

Well to counteract the “walking into a pub and randomly introducing yourself to the wrong total stranger” scenario, we could have a wee ride during the day???/

mrmojo
    Free Member

I can’t do the 13th wife is a weekend away in Paris .. and I do Lycra can wear my baggy’s though.

mrmojo
    Free Member

I DONT do .. should say.

son-of-mike
    Free Member

BoardinBob – good idea as an ice-breaker. If it’s the 7th I might be busy during the day (trail maintenance in Mugdock) but I’ve no problem walking into a pub trying to identify a bunch of mountain bikers.

Just as jokey aside, what are the chances of us getting 13 mountain bikers in the 13th Note on Friday the 13th? Maybe best avoid that scenario, it could be carnage! 😀

igm

Best part of twenty year’s since I’ve been in Blackfriars.

Just reading for nostalgia really – left Glasgow for Yorkshire in 1992.

mrmojo
    Free Member

Right what’s the script ?? date time .. where ?

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

what about bringing pub bikes and meeting up somewhere, going for a spin then a couple of jars?

mrmojo
    Free Member

This aint gonna happen is it .. ??

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘The official Glasgow STW Riders Pub Night Discussion Thread etc’ is closed to new replies.