Viewing 21 posts - 161 through 181 (of 181 total)
  • The non aligned, independent group of MP’s with no party PROBLEM!
  • kelvin

We will need a plan after Brexit! No one dare talk about that.

The problem with that is, you need to include the likely effects of Brexit when putting flesh on such a plan. And no one who wants us to Leave is going anywhere near that! Best to push blindly over the edge, and only then admit the (“unforeseeable”) effects and plan around them.

slowoldman

Does anyone take George Monbiot seriously these days?

No I like lamb too much.

binners

Just watching the news and seeing the look on her face after her meeting with Theresa May I’d say Justine Greening is looking like a likely next recruit

bikebouy
    Free Member

Well Maybot did round up all her party remainer late this afternoon just so she could give them a “stiff talking too”

Lets hope they stuck two fingers up at her in return.

raybanwomble
    Free Member

I’ll be voting for them, it takes some balls to risk your career for what you percieve to be the greater good. Gives you an idea of just how much the ERG truly believe in a patriotic Brexit, they don’t even have the balls to rebel like that – they’re just in it to line their pockets.

grahamt1980

I’m not surprised at the negativity as the main parties now see them as a threat.
    that being said the tories at least were more gracious about it. The Labour lot deserve a massive kicking.
    I like the poster above will def vote for them if I get the chance. Admittedly round here the could do what they have always done and put the pig back in his suit and he gets elected, but worse case I help them to get their deposit back it’s worth it.
    I voted Labour for the first time ever in the last election and I will not again until they actually mean something and not some idiotic vehicle for corbyn.

dazh

I’ll be voting for them

Unless you live in one of the constituencies of the current 11 you won’t be able to.

raybanwomble
    Free Member

Unless you live in one of the constituencies of the current 11 you won’t be able to

Did you miss the bit where they intend to form a party?

Have you considered how much money business will throw at them to campaign in every constituency?

kelvin

I voted Labour for the first time ever in the last election and I will not again until they actually mean something and not some idiotic vehicle for corbyn.

Same here. My first Labour vote was at the last GE. Looks like my last for the time being, now that Corbyn is just pushing through his own (old) agenda, and not carrying out the true democratisation of the party, and the empowering of his members, as promised. The hatred directed at MPs and members that are not true believers in the personality cult looks very scary to an outsider like myself.

I’ll be voting for them

Like a lot of people, I now have no idea how I’ll vote in the next GE. If they get the right candidate in my seat, then count me in. Whatever happens, I’ll vote for the candidate I most want to support, rather than the candidate who’s running second to a worse option, this time.

colournoise

Get the feeling that the closer the end of March gets, the bigger the snowball will get.

Might be too little too late for the immediate situation, but might hopefully be a bit of a positive change in UK politics as we try to survive Brexigeddon.

Northwind

This is really weird… But I feel like Soubry got pretty much outed tonight, on the Last Leg of all things, by a massive blindside combo from political heavyweights Adam Hills and Josh Brooker…

If you didn’t see it- it doesn’t seem to be uploaded yet- Adam Hills threw her a soft ball about PIP assessments etc, which she responded to by saying “I took it to the secretary of state and got a lot of waffle and stats, which really wasn’t what I wanted and didn’t answer the question.

Straight after, Brooker went rather shark eyed and asks “So, given your voting record, and the party you were a part of, you’ve contributed to some things that have made life massively worse for the disabled and other vulnerable groups. On a scale of one to ten, where one is parking in a disabled space, how guilty do you feel?”. And the answer? Waffle and stats, waffle and stats and no meaningful understanding of the lives her party has ruined and in some cases ended.

And all the way through, the conservative party were “we” not “they”. She started well but as soon as anything of any substance came up she instantly reverted. It’s like that time the nice boy from Countryfile made David Cameron shit his pants and, well, if that’s her answer on a comedy show, how strong will she stand on her convictions when something real happens? Just exactly as strong as when she didn’t join the vote of no confidence in Theresa May, that’s how strong.

TL;DR- if you think the Independent Group are something new, you’re a mug. It’s the same shit with a different hat on. Chukkas gonna Chukka and Soubrys gonna Soubry. I bet you 20 scottish pence, which by the time I finish typing this will be worth 19 scottish pence. There may be actual good intents and morals in there but the people taking the lead are going to be ****.

rone

More than ever I will be voting Labour.

All these noisy Tingers are interested in preserving the status quo, which has been a terrible state of affairs (looking back before Brexit). A new ideology that stops the lack of investment and creates redistribution of wealth (or a plan which shifts the wider fiscal picture to understand MMT as part of policy) is the only way out of the bigger picture.

Things like knife crime and homelessness etc are not a product of Brexit they are product of something much larger.

The tinge party is not going to deal with that. They are interested in not breaking the neoliberal bubble. That serves some of you well, I understand that. But it doesn’t serve the majority.

My guess is Brexit won’t be as devastating as a lot of you think, but is parceled up such a way that it will be difficult to extrapolate what caused what when you have a market driven government and economy … when and how exactly the shit hits the fan that is.

kerley
    Free Member

More than ever I will be voting Labour.

So will I. Corbyn has had his time and should be replaced but Labour are still the only party I can vote for that come close to representing fairness and equality and would actually try and do something about it (actually the Greens would too but with 1 seat that is a bit pointless)

The independent party is full of tories – moderate tories maybe but still tories so don’t trust them not to screw over the less privileged in society. Anyone who really cares about that stuff would never, ever join the conservative party. If they want middle ground they would have at least been in the Liberal party from the start.

They all did the right thing by leaving the parties they don’t believe in but only an election will show if that is what people wanted, i.e. they could (and probably will) all get wiped out and replaced by another Labour or Tory MP in the constituency (which is probably why the leaders are not really bothered by it)

bikebouy
    Free Member

Did I hear Rudd is about to jump too??

All I ask is how far, and hope no safety nets in place.

Northwind

bikebouy

Subscriber

Did I hear Rudd is about to jump too??

To be fair, this is Rudd, she could resign today and then come back tomorrow at lunchtime and everyone would forget how and why she resigned.

kimbers

My guess is Brexit won’t be as devastating as a lot of you think, but is parceled up such a way that it will be difficult to extrapolate what caused what when you have a market driven government and economy … when and how exactly the shit hits the fan that is.

Brexit has already taken £bns from the economy, homelessness, kife crime are fueled in the end by austerity, Brexit means years more of it.

Look at the levels of business investment freeze since the vote, we’ve seen what the endgame of that means for the employees of nissan, honda etc.

Even the most right wing tigers if they are trying to stop Brexit, are doing more to protect those at the bottom than anyone blithely accepting (or even
    embracing as a core of labour leadership does) Brexit in the end.

DrJ

My guess is Brexit won’t be as devastating as a lot of you think

A Brexit with a sensible deal maybe but if No Deal means EU nationals are not allowed to work it will cut the J family income in half, not to mention where we will actually live. Thanks a lot, Little England.

kimbers

shoulda probably done this from the start

P-Jay
    Free Member

Yep, the LDs were open to a chat from day 1.

Bit cheeky for him to be announced as the new leader?

kelvin

Good news. Hopefully he can keep his seat now.

ratherbeintobago

Rumour mill suggesting Allen, Wollaston & Phillip Lee are about to join too.

And Jo Swinson is still going to be the next leader.

Viewing 21 posts - 161 through 181 (of 181 total)

The topic ‘The non aligned, independent group of MP’s with no party PROBLEM!’ is closed to new replies.