Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 130 total)
  • The nicest car you owned
  • SaxonRider

Do a search in images for the nicest car you ever owned (whatever your favourite was), and find the coolest/nicest looking pic of that model you can.

It must be the same model and year, but otherwise, anything else could be different to yours.

My favourite remains my 1988 Volvo 740 GLE estate, to which I had added fogs lamps above the bumper. Mine was blue, and carried my family and me many many thousands of happy kilometres around Canada.

Caher

Hard question as cars in the past rarely as good as cars today. My current golf is very quick and reliable but I once had a  racing mini 1275 GT and it was like a dodgem car and was quicker than anything my mates had.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

The ‘E’

][/url]DH000029

(But not so much the ex Mrs)

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    CountZero

This is about as close as I can get, most pics are pretty dull, but it’s the exact year, it’s a 1.7 Zetec, from 2000, a Ford Puma, a car I adored, and it broke my heart to get rid of it, because changing circumstances meant it was no longer affordable to run.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Mk1 Scirocco GTi

Arctic gold.

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Opel Manta GTE

TheFlyingOx

1993 FD RX7 Type RB

380ish bhp, single turbo conversion, fuel system mods, screamer pipe allied with an extremely respectable Racing Beat exhaust. Sounded like a 1.0L Micra when pottering around town, and The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse when I thrashed it round Knockhill.

The pic is of mine because I made it exactly as I thought it should look and therefore as cool as it could be.

matt_outandabout

OP – we’ve a friend who still daily drives thier 1988 740. 240k on the clock, 2.4 petrol. Inherited from father three years ago and refuses to fail an MOT….

I have to say, current car if it’s as reliable as our old ’99 Passat TDI sport, is the nicest car we have had.

(most practical is the Galaxy)

anagallis_arvensis

Had to buy a cheap auto when I borked my knee meaning I couldnt ride motorbike to work. Bought one of these, awesome car, made me laugh everytime I sat in it!!

magicman
    Free Member

Damn, cant nake the photo link!

onandon
    Free Member

Current car is an RS Q3 performance but tuned to just under 500bhp.

the Wunderbarge as it’s know.

boblo
    Free Member

That V70 looks alright in red. Is surprised 👍

Klunk
    Free Member

1964 Austin Mini Cooper 1275s

hodgynd
    Free Member

Without doubt my 05 plate VW Touareg which was a year old when I bought it but only kept for 18 months ..the running costs on the high mileage I was doing at the time were astronomic..( £2k on tyres alone in the first year )

I’ve not had anything since that comes close in terms of comfort & performance ..

(No pics ..sorry).

spence
    Free Member

Had one of these when I was 20, same colour but with the chrome wheels. Had to go unfortunately to be replaced by a mortgage.

XJC

John Steed had one

and they raced!

Bregante

Maybe not the best but definitely the one that meant the most. Bought as a divorce present to myself in 2001, a 3year old 328i E36 coupe like this. I only sold it because I needed something sensible when I had another child in 2004.

Mine had red leather interior 😎

daviek

Agree with the Touareg, we had a 07 plate one and it was a great car. Only had it a couple of years as an expanding family meant we had to buy a 7 seater but it’s still probably second on my list but top of the wife’s.

My favourite was a 98 impreza which had been fettled by prodrive who set up their rally cars. It went through more tyres than …. I don’t know what and went through so much fuel it was almost like the tank had a leak but my god could it shift!

And it sounded great

scaredypants

“Mine” was red and called “the ferret” (1977 clubman 1100)

Passed my test in it, ragged the arse off it (after my brother had finished doing the same)

Killed it with black ice and a lamp post

Still got the front plate in my garage

carlosg
    Free Member

My Rover 75, owned for 10 years till the repair costs were way in excess of the cars worth. So comfy on a run.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Looked great, drove like a barge, broke down.

rone

Maybe not the best but definitely the one that meant the most. Bought as a divorce present to myself in 2001, a 3year old 328i E36 coupe like this. I only sold it because I needed something sensible when I had another child in 2004.

Had one of those too. Was my first foray into a proper car. Bought it outright at the time for 12000. Had no money left.

Went well, decent MPG and looked smart with AC Schnitzer bits.

Sounded great.

jamesoz

Not my car, mines an earlier Turbo without abs but correct colour.

1986 3litre 944 Turbo, a surprisingly quick 30yr old car and most importantly pop up headlights.

I built the engine using a 968 3litre bottom end with turbo Con rods and 2.7 8v head, fitted with the sodium filled valves from the original 2.5 lump.

seem I can’t work the internet.

woffle
    Free Member

Mk1 MX-5. 1.6 NA with twin Mikuni carbs, lightened flywheel, racing header and exhaust via Japanese tuning house, obscure (and rather marmite) Japanese body kit, upgraded shocks and brakes. Nakamae interior. And various other JDM bits and bobs

Loads of fun to drive and to work on – sourced pretty much everything from Japan myself. But house + kids + work = no time and so she was broken for parts (worth considerably more that way bizarrely)

nickc

like this, but without the Mk16 in the backgound, had to rebuild mine, (pretty standard for a 1970’s midlands built BL car) took out a loan I really couldn’t afford to re-build it in the way I wanted. Had ported head, webbers, polished exhaust, pushed it’s mighty 80 bhp all the way to nearly 100mph…

Image result for triumph spitfire

slackalice
    Free Member

I’m rather hoping that this will be one of the nicest cars I’ve owned 😃

I’ll be picking it up in a couple of days time and it’s the 2.5 vvt Sport version. Petrol, natch and by all accounts, it’ll be comfy-ish, good handling, reliable and whilst it’s not going to break any performance records, it’ll be plenty quick enough for normal road use 😃.

Stock pic from Google

https://goo.gl/images/LaEtPW

Why oh oh why is posting a pic on here an absolute lottery as to whether it displays? Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t…

pirahna
    Free Member

My Elise 111R, the only car I regret selling.

perchypanther
    Free Member

vondally
    Free Member

Mk 2 golf gti – had a few including 16v oak green but actually I preferred the 8v.

Mini cooper and 1275 – again had a couple

But the one that made me laugh

Lupo TDI remapped and just silly in a Spike Milligan manner

neilco
    Free Member

https://goo.gl/images/xcsy55

Maybe not the nicest but definitely had most character.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Can’t be bothered with a pic, google it, but my current Civic (8th gen 08 petrol 1.8 EX). By far the best car I’ve owned. Had a soft spot for the old Renault 5 but none of the older cars I’ve had have been as nice to drive as the Civic. Hence why I’ve not sold it.

NZCol

My 993 Turbo. Regrets, I’ve had a few and selling that is one.

richardkennerley

Finally got it to work!

Series 1 rs turbo. The only original Mercury grey one (original owner paid to have it resprayed before it left the factory.)

I sold it on when I realised I couldn’t look after it enough, no garage and it was my daily driver. Dread to think how much it’s worth now, it’s still out there somewhere I think.U

gobuchul
    Free Member

Still miss it.

Thinking of getting a s/h Ciivc Type R in a couple of years, when they are cheap enough.

richardkennerley

Jesus Christ. How many times do I need to type this out!! The text keeps disappearing!!

That’s my series one rs turbo. The only original Mercury grey one. The original owner paid to have it resprayed before it left the factory.

I sold out on when I realised I couldn’t look after it enough, no garage and it was my daily driver. It’s still out there somewhere I believe and I dread to think how much it’s worth now!!

Edit- unbelievable, there’s the text, where do that go then reapoear from!?

bikebouy
    Free Member

Nicest ?

If I can add another criteria such as “shortest owned” then I’ll nominate this, bought new and owned for 16weeks before written off (absolutely not my fault, I wasn’t even driving it at the time)

But I’ve owned some nice cars and currently my NX300 hybrid is by far the nicest..

matthew_h
    Free Member

By far and away the coolest car I’ve owned and the one I miss most. It was written off in the Sheffield floods of 2007. This one is not mine but it looks identical, is the same age and even has the same Recaro seats as I fitted to mine

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

One pic ain’t enough. This chap sums it up nicely.

Totalamente inamorato!

bearnecessities

Richard – was intrigued by yours and think I’ve just found the current owner 🙂

https://passionford.com/forum/members/1044-fraz.html

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 130 total)

The topic ‘The nicest car you owned’ is closed to new replies.