Viewing 18 posts - 81 through 98 (of 98 total)
  • The new Royal Yacht Britannia is set to sail!
  • intheborders
    Free Member

Extra £100m right there

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-58002977

Yep, £250m now.

binners

I listened to Raab on R4 this morning.

It’s quite mesmerising. Almost hypnotic

You marvel that a man so profoundly dense – light literally bends around him – can end up in such a position of power. Then you realise that like those around him, the lack of self-awareness coupled with the profound arrogance that comes with their entitlement means that even when they’re coming out with this kind of shit, they actually still firmly believe they’re really clever.

Heres his best bits…

He’s a psychopath. He even looks like Patrick Bateman

Harry_the_Spider

Would have thought that ripping out all of the CCTV after Hancock got caught would save a few quid.

binners

Price tag for new flagship royal yacht could hit £250m

So in real terms, by the time this lot are done dishing out contracts to their mates, we can ‘level up’ that figure to a round billion then?

dyna-ti

One of my favourite vid types on YT is looking at the hideously expensive superyachts, both sail and motor.
    In this day and age I reckon it shouldn’t be a motor yacht, but instead a sailing yacht like Black pearl(106m/348′) or Eos(92m/304′)
    Black Pearl – £143m – plenty of change left over to cover crewing costs,refits and running costs.

poly
    Free Member

One of my favourite vid types on YT is looking at the hideously expensive superyachts, both sail and motor.
    In this day and age I reckon it shouldn’t be a motor yacht, but instead a sailing yacht like Black pearl(106m/348′) or Eos(92m/304′)
    Black Pearl – £143m – plenty of change left over to cover crewing costs,refits and running costs.

If you are going down that route 250M would buy you a lot of “tall ship(s)” and provide training opportunities for young people (both building and sailing it) which would be a far better tribute to HRH Philip if that was part of the intention.

dudeofdoom

Who are they planning to rock up and start talking trade with tbh, have some uncharted islands recently been discovered ?

dovebiker

Who is going to crew it? The RN struggles to muster enough folk to crew their regular ships. I’m sure Serco will be happy to make them an offer whilst offering a bit more than the Queen’s shilling to regulars, thus encouraging them to leave…

Rich_s

Final design has been agreed according to the geniuses at RAF Luton.

steezysix
    Free Member

Who is going to crew it? The RN struggles to muster enough folk to crew their regular ships. I’m sure Serco will be happy to make them an offer whilst offering a bit more than the Queen’s shilling to regulars, thus encouraging them to leave…

This is Boris Johnson’s new (old) Britain™, don’t forget. We’ll be going back to the good old days where the press gangs roam around coastal towns “recruiting” millennials to serve the glory of the Empire.

nickc

Black Pearl – £143m

is that the one with the “secret” interior? I’ll bet money it’s ridiculously ostentatious Oligarch chrome and marble tasteless (but hugely expensive) shite. God, the rich are such tasteless **** parasites

onehundredthidiot

Yep an old friend of mine owns a company that charters superyachts and the levels of mind bendingly expensive tat are breathtaking.

matt_outandabout

We saw a superyacht around Harris & Lewis last week – so had to look it up online.

It had a three storey spiral staircase covered in mother of pearl and capped with the glass bottom of the deck swimming pool above…!

dyna-ti

the levels of mind bendingly expensive tat are breathtaking.

Hey this is the UK and the tories are part of the build process. Expect plastic and formica 😆

dannyh
    Free Member

How long until it is being rented out to Russian oligarchs for their coke, hookers and murder parties?

Klunk
    Free Member

even the cheesiest russian oligarch would think twice about using that monstrosity as a party boat.

highlandman
    Free Member

That picture of HMS Flagboat above gave me an idea- Don’t we already have the second, spare, aircraft carrier hull, with neither crew nor aircraft for it? Quick paintjob, some YTS crew and we’re sorted… Lot less than £250m.

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

Who is going to crew it?

Crew

Bunga Bunga

Viewing 18 posts - 81 through 98 (of 98 total)

The topic ‘The new Royal Yacht Britannia is set to sail!’ is closed to new replies.