Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • The new Ron Howard film 'Rush' is amazing (possible spoilers)
  • shermer75
    Free Member

Saw it last night. My favourite bits (amongst many) are the sound design of the cars and when James Hunt punches a journalist

tonyd

We went to the flicks on Sunday and couldn’t decide on Rush or Whitehouse Down. Having seen trailers for both we decided that Whitehouse Down would be slightly more believable.

shermer75
    Free Member

Really?!? So cynical! 😉

mk1fan
    Free Member

Spoilers? Were you also suprised when Titanic sank? :mrgreen:

shermer75
    Free Member

Haha fair point! Although I to be fair I went to watch this film without knowing the result of the 1976 season, so it’s only reasonable that everybody else gets the same chance!

binners

Is it as sad and unexpected as the end of Senna? 😉

We’re off to see it tomorrow night. It looks brill!

tyger
    Free Member

Front or rear spoilers? 🙂

tyger
    Free Member

Actually a great film – had the privilege or chatting with one of the Producers the other day who mentioned the extreme lengths they went to to get the film “correct” for all the petrol heads. The casting is spot on too!! See it at a cinema would be my recommendation – enjoy

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

yeah but do they encore with Spirit of the Radio

I’ll exit stage left – boom boom

shermer75
    Free Member

Haha! 😀

mark90
    Free Member

Boys trip out on Friday to see it, looking forward to it. Not reading this thread 😆

thepurist

Saw it – overdramatised, polarised view of the two main protagonists. Racing sequences were great for the vintage ambience, but rubbish in terms of showing any sort of impression of speed, skill or commitment from the drivers. Overall I probably enjoyed the BBC’s Hunt/Lauda documentary more.

EDIT – fun playing ‘spot the driver’ in the Nurburgring briefing scene though.

plumber
    Free Member

Yeah I thought the documentary was better but despite the ‘hollywood’ treatment its not a bad film at all

PJM1974
    Free Member

I thought it was very good, probably the cinematic highlight of my year so far. I’d happily sit through it again.

I’ve (briefly) met Niki Lauda and yes, he does resemble a (slightly singed) rat.

piemonster

Great film, loved it.

slowoldman

I think it would be hard to do better than watching the 70s seasons at the time (unless he changed the ending of course).

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘The new Ron Howard film 'Rush' is amazing (possible spoilers)’ is closed to new replies.