The new Orange Alpine 160

Home Forum Bike Forum The new Orange Alpine 160

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The new Orange Alpine 160
  • grantway

Anyone have any info on the New Orange Alpine 160
    Any idea what they ride like as opposed to the older frame

Premier Icon colin27

Had a quick hours blast after our Biketreks demo day a couple of weeks ago on the RS version. My impressions were that it did climb better than the older model, partly thanks to slightly lower weight, but also in part to a lighter, shorter fork (shorter axle to crown than 36).
    Still went downhill like a beast though, so all good really. Makes a Five with big 160mm forks redundant imo.

We’ve just received our first bikes for the shop so if you’re in the Lakes, pop in and have a look.

(Yes, I sell Orange’s for a living. If it helps, I prefer the Alpine to a Nomad. Or feel free to disregard my opinion altogether!)

Premier Icon monkeysfeet

That is a nice looking bike. Looks like the swing arm on my sc nickel.

Wow that’s very nice looking, to much travel for my ridding though

Premier Icon Northwind

Looks nice from that angle. From the side, it looks like this:

Which I reckon is pretty bloomin ugly- bits and lines everywhere, none of it really comes together, it’s like a cross between an old Turner DHR and a half-grown labrador. But I bet it rides bloody well.

Premier Icon Pridds

Did look good in the bright orange that Biketreks had just finished building this morning. Would have got one but found a nomad that was too good to refuse.

It’s a mint all-rounder, even more versatile than its predecessor. Review in this month’s mag.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘The new Orange Alpine 160’ is closed to new replies.