Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • The new KTM MTB Racing team.
  • pease
    Free Member

I don’t normally post my blogs etc on here but I thought there may be some interest in the new KTM team. As we all know KTM haven’t been big in the MTB scene but this new wave of bikes and teams could change that. Either way it is great for our sport to see other manufactures especially with the great pedigree KTM has entering the scene.
    I hear they will also have a road cycling team this year.

http://www.anthonypeasephotography.co.uk/ktm-mtb-racing-team/

lucien

Hired a KTM ratchet a couple of years ago in Les 2Alpes, totally awesome bike way beyond my skill levels. Been coveting a KTM since…….

timb34
    Free Member

Nice looking bikes, nice team kit… but the mismatched helmets?

stumpy01

I looked a KTM bikes a while back.

There’s a large KTM motorbike shop about a mile from my house and I went in there to get some fork oil a while back.
    They had quite a range of bicycles in there too, but weren’t really advertising them anywhere. They didn’t have any of the higher end bikes, but the boggo standard hardtails all looked pretty good.

Northwind

I thought KTM pushbikes was effectively a different company from KTM chelsea tractors?

iolo
    Free Member

You can hire downhill and all mountain KTM bikes at Antur Stiniog.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Northwind – Member
    I thought KTM pushbikes was effectively a different company from KTM chelsea tractors?

Yep they have had some strange looking XC stuff over here in Oz for a bit.

iolo
    Free Member

http://www.shop.flidistribution.co.uk/c/ktm

They used to have little presence in the uk but now they have fli things are much better.

stumpy01

Northwind – Member

Dunno, but they sell them both here:

http://www.gear4motorcycles.co.uk/

njee20
    Free Member

Nice looking bikes, nice team kit… but the mismatched helmets?

Agreed, looks rubbish!

Certainly were, and they had a UK XC race team as well. I have a vague recollection they’re now one and the same, hence the ‘launch’ of stuff as if they’re new.

nano
    Free Member

If you’re in the south east.. Singletrack Premier Dealer Velo Virtuoso sells KTM

Velo Virtuoso homepage

Yes, I work there 😉

mboy
    Free Member

Just about to start selling them at the Missing Link in Droitwich, Worcestershire too for any Midlanders… 😀

pease
    Free Member

I agree with the helmets, and for the shoot maybe it should have been sorted. They are a very new team, two rode for KTM last year and the other three joined this year.So very early days, although I am sure things will change throughout the season.

njee20
    Free Member

Who are they?

c_klein87
    BoardinBob

MBUK Cover photo war face – check.

gazhurst
    Free Member

The KTM MTB Racing team are:-

Me (Gaz Hurst) – XC Sport/Master and possible Marathon
    Alex Tompsett – XC Sport/Master and 12/24 Endurance
    Chris Noble – 12/24 Endurance and some XC Expert
    Glen Whittington – XC Master and some 12/24 Endurance
    Carwyn Davies – XC Sport

As has already been mentioned, 2 of us (Alex and me) rode for KTM last year and this year have been lucky enough to be asked if we wanted to run the KTM MTB team.

We have been extremely lucky to have been supported along the way by FLi Distribution, Continental Tyres, TORQ Fitness, FOUR4th Lights, IMP Sport and Anthony Pease Photography.

Non of us are world beaters…we are all just passionate about Mountain Biking and racing.

I will certainly take the comments about the helmets on board though. I’m thinking white helmets look better (even meaning that I’ll need to change)

stu170
    Free Member

As in imp sport in lincoln?

gazhurst
    Free Member

Thems the ones

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Having worked on Gaz’s bike I’ll confirm they are very nice bits of kit indeed. Nicely finished frames with good detailing and logical design. I like ’em a lot. 🙂

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

The Motorbikes are different importers.The Motorbikes come straight from Austria to the dealers.I dont know what its like now but Racespec in Tewesbury use to sell them but could not get a supply so stopped selling them.

slackalice
    Free Member

Lovely bikes. Their cycles have been popular on the continent for quite some time.

It was seeing the Lycan a couple of years or so ago that piqued my interest in 650B and I got the impression that they had yet to really launch themselves into the UK market and were in the process of setting up a UK distributor and dealer network at that time. Its good to see that work is taking fruition.

Good luck with the team guy’s.

flidis
    Free Member

It’s nice to read all the positive words, and our thanks does go out to Gaz and Alex for all their hard work in putting this together. We saw their passion and enjoyment of the racing last year so were really keen to work with them in someway this season. We are really impressed with their results.

And just to respond dobiejessmo’s point. The bikes are distributed in exactly the same manor, ie direct from the factory in Austria to the dealer.

There are some photos of the factory here:

Lots of photos from a recent tour of the KTM Bike Industries factory in Mattigohen in Austria.

Posted by KTM Bike Industries UK on Monday, December 2, 2013

And just for the record, racespec’s supply dried up because we closed their account. They wanted to sell current season bikes on eBay. We don’t allow this, so the account was closed.

Northwind

Do you also sell the racing toasters? Because frankly there will never be a pushbike as cool as this:

pease
    Free Member

KTM toast 🙂 now there is an idea 😉

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

They are ramping things up in the UK. My mate rides for the Pro KTM Road Team.

Nice bikes in the flesh.

flidis
    Free Member
    Superficial
    Free Member

Some of their road bikes in particular look very nice. It helps if you’re into some combination of orange and black 😀

flidis
    Free Member

other colours are available 🙂

our race team will be taking delivery of these over the next few days.

KTM Revelator Master…. in blue!

gazhurst
    Free Member

Now,

Who wants to sponsor us with some white helmets??? 😛

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Another shop giving out b——t and i thought they were on the level there.Just goes to show.They do look smart they will never have the fire in them like a EXC200 😆

pease
    Free Member

Well, I wish the whole team the best of luck for this coming season 🙂

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘The new KTM MTB Racing team.’ is closed to new replies.