Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 87 total)
  • The new fenton ?
  • Klunk
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4ZmolZCnX8[/video]

wwaswas

contains some nsfw language.

took me a while to work out that the bloke in the red top wasn’t a nutter!

glupton1976
    Free Member

Guy who is in the passenger seat is dangerously incompetent.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Guy who is in the passenger seat is dangerously incompetent

Really?
    how’d you figure that? Only for assuming the driver could actually drive…

molgrips
    Free Member

I think he did a good job of saving the situation actually, getting the car onto the grass to go round in a circle.

glupton1976
    Free Member

A quick look at the driver’s feet would have identified the problem and allowed it to be fixed.

If someone is telling you that they’re braking and the obviously aren’t then that is normally the first thing to check.

Knocking the car out of gear and easing the handbrake on would also work.

rattrap
    Free Member

How can you have your braking foot on the clutch?

How is that even possible?

you would either have to have two feet on the clutch

or be using your left foot for braking.

I’m lost!

wwaswas

Knocking the car out of gear and easing the handbrake on would also work

given the clutch was down the gear stick was irrelevant. In my car the handbrake lever is to the right of the driver, on Merc’s it’s ont he floor by the drivers feet.

In hindsight, saying ‘check you have your foot on the right pedal’ might have helped more than just shouting brake slightly more hysterically, though.

glupton1976
    Free Member

The clutch being down is not irrelevant. What happens when the driver takes their foot off the clutch and it’s still in gear? Lots of damage?

molgrips
    Free Member

A quick look at the driver’s feet would have identified the problem

He didn’t do that?

wwaswas

I do love stw.

Mildly diverting driver error video requires second by second analysis of instructors reactions.

I’ve decided to just enjoy it for what it is 🙂

[edit]
    I expect we coudl discuss what this bloke did wrong until the cows come home, too. (contains nsfw language)

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zd7c5tQCs1I[/video]

glupton1976
    Free Member

If you’re paid to teach people how to drive fast in expensive and powerful cars then you should probably be good at teaching people how to drive fast whilst keeping them relatively safe. He shat the bed.

DezB
    Free Member

Mildly diverting driver error video requires second by second analysis of instructors reactions

Yeah, I thought we were just laughing at the bloke go “BRAKE BRAKE BRAKE”
    But it’s not really funny anymore.
    It’s like giving Fenton’s owner advice on dog training.

GrahamS

glupton1976: Perhaps it’s not a scenario that comes up too often?

Second-guessing the pedals may be obvious to a driving instructor, who is used to dealing with complete novices.

But I would imagine that most of this guy’s pupils have mastered the fundamentals of driving a car before they come to a test track.

glupton1976
    Free Member

Guess work has no place in teaching people to drive cars fast.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Jesus H Christ!! Has anyone recommended an IAM course to these two?

DezB
    Free Member

Who? glupton and wwaswas?

molgrips
    Free Member

If you’re paid to teach people how to drive fast in expensive and powerful cars then you should probably be good at teaching people how to drive fast whilst keeping them relatively safe. He shat the bed.

I imagine there’s a clause in the T&Cs that says people must be able to brake before starting the lessons. And I think it’s entirely reasonable to expect someone to be able to brake when you say “BRAKE!BRAKE!BRAKE!BRAKE!BRAKE!BRAKE!”. He then thought on his feet and rescued the situation. I see no issues.

glupton1976
    Free Member

Molgrips I expect you to disagree with anything I post regardless of whether it is correct or not. Some might call it trolling.

molgrips
    Free Member

I disagree that it’s trolling.

Trolling is deliberately posting stuff to try and wind people up.

I just disagree with you.

Out of interest what would you have done had you been the instructor?

wwaswas

Out of interest what would you have done had you been the instructor?

Not posted the video on the internet 😉

glupton1976
    Free Member

I would have said “STOP!”
    Stop is different from “BRAKE” because it takes two pedals to stop and you wouldn’t be having two feet on the clutch.

molgrips
    Free Member

Doubt that would have made a difference.

glupton1976
    Free Member

I didnt expect you to think that it would.

molgrips
    Free Member

You seem to think I have some kind of personal problem with you. I don’t, I’m happy to agree with you and respect your opinion, you just seem to talk shite so often 🙂

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

You two have just sucked all the funniness out of that video.

Bloody Buzz Killingtons the pair of you. 🙁

glupton1976
    Free Member

Reported.

molgrips
    Free Member

It wasn’t that funny. If he’d done a few more laps of the airport getting ever more hysterical, that would have been better 🙂 Or if he’d said what he was clearly thinking – “get out of the car, your lesson is over”

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Stop is different from “BRAKE” because it takes two pedals to stop and you wouldn’t be having two feet on the clutch.

This guy can’t follow the instruction “BRAKE” by pressing the brake pedal with 1 foot. Asking him to do something that involves 2 feet could make for an even more entertaining video 🙂

warton
    Free Member

I would have said “STOP!”

Brilliant. like the guy driving is going to think “aaah stop is different to brake, and I need to stop safely, so I’ll use both pedals, Oh, hold on, my foot is on the clutch”

I imagine the guy was trying to teach him left foot braking?

glupton1976
    Free Member

Stopping a car is a reflex action.

wwaswas

Yep, it’s right up there with “Hot! Hot! Hot!” in the scale of evolutionary knee jerk reactions.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I’d have opened the passenger door, done an AWSUM stunt roll and left the driver to it.

warton
    Free Member

Is it? I’d question that statement quite strongly.

nealglover
    Free Member

Guy who is in the passenger seat is dangerously incompetent.

The “Driving Gods” arrived on this thread very quickly 🙄

Is there some sort of email alert system or a light that shines up into the sky ?
    as there isn’t even a clue in the title that Driving Gods would get a chance to pontificate on the thread.

Whatever it is, it’s working, keep it up.

glupton1976
    Free Member

Or more correctly stopping a car in an emergency is a reflex action. A bit like tuck and roll when you come off your bike.

wwaswas

A bit like tuck and roll when you come off your bike.

I seem stuck at flail and crunch.

The driver was already convinced he was braking. Every time the passenger said ‘Brake’ he just pressed the pedal he was already on harder. It’s the same reflex that leads old ladies to end up driving into Tesco’s whilst parking. In their heads they’re already doing the right thing so they just try and do more of it.

stumpy01

Genius! I had my foot on the clutch…..! 😀

Well, I found it funny.

glupton1976
    Free Member

The guy was saying brake harder. This led to the guy presing the pedal harder. Stop is a totally different instruction. By involving the second foot he’ll realise that his “braking” foot is on the wrong pedal.

DezB
    Free Member

This one could go viral!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 87 total)

The topic ‘The new fenton ?’ is closed to new replies.